Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
School days are the best days of your life, whether you are in high school or middle school; these are the days that you will miss in the future.
When you are in class with your friends, the world does not make any difference to you. You do not need to pretend to be someone that you are not.
The time spent in the classroom is a memorable experience for students. You are free to express your feelings to someone regarding something bothering you. You are free from the company of anrgy people and can enjoy the entire class experience to the fullest. Here we have brought a collection of the best middle school quotes for you, making you love your school days even more. You'll find tips for middle school, good quotes for school and inspirational quotes.
If you like this article, go ahead and read our [end of school quotes] and [middle school graduation quotes].
Memorable Classroom Quotes
Classroom quotes are something which you will enjoy even many years after graduating as well. Below are some of the best quotes about middle school that you will enjoy, with some inspirational quotes and great quotes for school. The most famous quotes from Taylor Swift and Gigi Hadid feature in this list, too.
1. “I’ve never run into a person who yearns for their middle school days.”
- Jeff Kinney.
2. “Nothing could be as hard as middle school.”
- Zooey Deschanel.
3. “In seventh grade, false feelings and false faces are the rule.”
- Samantha Abeel.
4. “Teaching middle school is an adventure not a job.”
- Angela K. Bennett.
5. “Middle school is kind of like Middle earth.”
- Kimberly Dana.
6. “Middle school, I believe, are some of the hardest years of school I have gone through and I’m hoping they will be the hardest, because I can’t see how I’ll get through other ones.”
- Isaiah Brathwaite.
7. “Middle school has many complex tunnels, some are underground.”
- Alexandra Contreras-Montesano.
8. “Middle school is exactly what it sounds like. A mixed-up mess of nothing, and yet everything at the same time.”
- Julia Remillard.
9. “I was thinking that we all learn by experience, but some of us have to go to summer school.”
- Peter De Vries.
10. “Once your kid reaches middle school, parents are really supposed to fade out of the social picture. Kids are supposed to make their own plans, keep up with sophisticatedly crude discussions, and be able to go out on their own without supervision.”
- Eva LaRue.
11. “But the more we all stuck together, the more outside layers fell off, revealing that we all have insecurities, fears, and dreams. And that’s perfectly normal. That’s how God made us.”
- Allyson Kennedy.
12. “One day middle school will end and become high school and after that it just becomes life. All those things you think are important now won’t be anymore.”
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.
13. “Describing her first day back in grade school after a long absence, a teacher said, It was like trying to hold 35 corks underwater at the same time.”
- Mark Twain.
14. “I was a smart kid. I went to private school in middle school and got kicked out.”
- Travis Scott.
15. “As for middle school, I had a really horrible era of style. I’d only play basketball with the boys during lunch, so I went through a phase of only wearing Lakers uniforms to school - that was cute! And then I kind of went through the Puma phase that everyone went through with the sweatsuits, which turned into Juicy Couture sweatsuits.”
- Gigi Hadid.
16. “My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.”
- Taylor Swift.
17. “Growing up as a kid, in elementary and middle school, I was always getting in trouble. Always getting suspended. I got suspended for 90 days for fighting beginning my freshman year, so I missed Homecoming, and that’s when I turned the page. I went on honor roll and had good grades after that. It was the changing point.”
- Tyron Woodley.
18. “If anything, we should feel sorry for the people who want us to feel bad about ourselves, because they are the ones struggling for approval. In middle school, bullies tortured other kids because they thought it would make people like them more.”
- Ariana Grande.
19. “I had a science teacher in middle school who inspired me...simply because she acknowledged me and made me feel that what I had to offer was worthy.”
- Marcia Gay Harden.
20. “Middle school’ is used as shorthand for a time when things change. It’s a time a lot of kids feel like they don’t even have one good friend.”
- Rebecca Stead.
21. “In middle school, we are all so damn insecure. It was the worst time for me, really destructive, like slapping myself across the face but loving it. Now I have to be an adult and change myself. I have to be a bigger person.”
- Nikki Reed.
22. “Nothing could be as hard as middle school.”
- Zooey Deschanel.
23. “True School’ is one great big reminder. It’s a reminder to everybody in that middle school bracket that was in school when playing hard to get was out.”
- Monie Love.
24. “What is the most important thing one learns in school? Self-esteem, support, and friendship.”
- Terry Williams.
25. “So...middle school? Awkward. Having a hobby that’s different from everyone else’s? Awkward. Singing the national anthem on weekends instead of going to sleepovers? More awkward. Braces? Awkward. Gain a lot of weight before you hit the growth spurt? Awkward. Frizzy hair, don’t embrace the curls yet? Awkward. Try to straighten it? Awkward! So many phases!”
- Taylor Swift.
26. “Middle School is about as bad as it gets, and then it gets better.”
- R. J. Palacio.
27. “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.”
- Winifred C. Marshal.
28. “What I’m really addicted to is getting people to understand that if their kids aren’t competent readers coming out of middle school, it’s really going to be hard for them in high school.”
- James Patterson.
29. “It’s well known that many girls have a tendency to dumb down when they’re in middle school.”
- Sally Ride.
30. “All children start their school careers with sparkling imaginations, fertile minds, and a willingness to take risks with what they think.”
- Ken Robinson.
31. “We don’t stop going to school when we graduate.”
- Carol Burnett.
32. “What make a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning.”
- Chuck Grassley.
Funny Middle School Quotes
School days are full of fun and joy. There is no worry about any rule and all the time you just wish to have a great time. These funny middle school quotes will remind you of the fun you've had at school. Here are the funny middle school quotes that will take your memories back to school.
33. “First day of school, make sure that you know your locker combination.”
- Jordan Francis.
34. “I said school starts tomorrow. I didn’t say I was going to be there.”
- Kim Harrison.
35. “My school was so tough the school newspaper had an obituary column.”
- Norm Crosby.
36. “Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.”
- G.K. Chesterton.
37. “In California, some high schools are requiring students to wear uniforms. They say uniforms create a safe, stable environment. Like the post office.”
- Jay Leno.
38. “If it hadn’t been for detention, I would have never done any homework.”
- Melanie White.
39. “Work hard, nap hard.”
- Demi Lovato.
40. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.”
- Winston Churchill.
41. “In school one learns to ask stupid questions of life.”
- Marty Rubin.
42. “School means work and work means death. Let’s all go take a nap.”
- Emma Shannon.
43. “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school.”
- Peter De Vries.
44. “You can drag my body to school but my spirit refuses to go.”
- Bill Watterson.
45. “I’ll be famous one day, but for now I’m stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons.”
- Greg Heffley.
46. “It’s easier to floss with barbed wire than admit you like someone in middle school.”
- Laurie Halse Anderson.
47. “No school without spectacular eccentrics and crazy hearts is worth attending.”
- Saul Bellow.
48. “When I was in middle school, I always did well in school, but teachers either loved me or absolutely hated me.”
- Miles Teller.
49. “In middle school I wrote a paper on Hemingway and none of the sentences had more than five words.”
- Elizabeth Crook.
Inspirational Middle School Quotes
Need inspiration or ideas to do your school work properly? If yes, then here are some of the best motivational quotes for middle school students that you will certainly enjoy.
50. “The man who does not read books has no advantage over the one who cannot read them.”
- Mark Twain.
51. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”
- B.B. King.
52. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
- Albert Einstein.
53. “The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.”
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
54. “Learning is never done without errors and defeat.”
- Vladimir Lenin.
55. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
- Anthony J. D’Angelo.
56. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.”
- Helen Hayes.
57. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
- Abraham Lincolm.
58. “You are never too old to set another Goal or to dream a new dream.”
- C.S. Lewis.
59. “The key to happiness is having dreams; the key to success is making them come true.”
- James Allen.
60. “The successful person places more attention on doing the right thing rather than doing things right.”
- Peter Drucker.
61. “There is no substitute for hard work.”
- Thomas Edison.
62. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
- Beverly Stills.
63. “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you anywhere.”
- Albert Einstein.
64. “A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- Lao Tzu.
65. “The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.”
- William James.
66. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
- Margaret Fuller.
67. “Procrastination makes easy things hard and hard things harder.”
- Mason Cooley.
68. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
- Zig Ziglar.
69. “Genius is 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration.”
- Thomas Edison.
70. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated.”
- R Collier.
71. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
72. “Whoever ceases to be a student has never been a student.”
- George Iles.
73. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
- Henry Ford.
Middle School Quotes For Teachers
Whether it be middle school quotes or high school quotes, the list can not be complete without mention of some teachers. Read on for some of the most interesting middle school quotes that will make you feel the difference in your life.
74. “If kids come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important.”
- Barbara Colorose.
75. “Teachers can open the door, but you must enter it yourself.”
- Chinese proverb.
76. “What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
77. “We’re trying to give the young people something that can help them, and we don’t know exactly what it ought to be.”
- Wendell Berry.
78. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.”
- Colleen Wilcox.
79. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.”
- Mark Van Doren.
80. “Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.”
- Jacques Barzun.
81. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”
- William Butler Yeats.
82. “I’m not sayin’ I’m gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will.”
- Tupac Shakur.
83. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”
- John Dewey.
84. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
- William Ward.
85. “He, who opens a school door, closes a prison.”
- Victor Hugo.
86. “We should not teach children the sciences but give them a taste for them.”
- Jean Jacques Rosseau.
87. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”
- Henry Brooks Adams.
88. “Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own.”
- Nikos Kazantzakis.
89. “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.”
- Gail Godwin.
90. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.”
- Edith Ann, [Lily Tomlin].
91. “A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.”
- Horace Mann.
Fascinating Middle School Quotes
Middle school quotes will make all middle school students understand the true value of education. Here are some of the most fascinating middle school quotes and education quotes for your perusal.
92. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Nelson Mandela.
93. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
94. “The highest result of education is tolerance.”
- Hellen Keller.
95. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.”
- G.K. Chesterton.
96. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.”
- Sydney J. Harris.
97. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
- Martin Luther King.
98. “When you educate one person you can change a life, when you educate many you can change the world.”
- Shai Reshef.
99. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.”
- Malcolm X.
100. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for middle school quotes, then why not take a look at [funny school quotes], or homeschool quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.