Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
October is the best month because it is filled with festivals.
We live in a world where people look forward to Halloween and the festival of lights, Diwali in October. The Autumn season makes the environment scenic and relaxes your mood.
Here are a few quotes that capture the spirit of the month. Go through them, and we wish you a very happy October or, as they say, 'Happy fall, y'all!'.
If you like this, check out September quotes and [cute fall quotes].
Here you will find happy October quotes and October poems and quotes.
1. “How beautifully leaves grow old.”
– John Burroughs.
2. "Autumn leaves don't fall, they fly."
- Delia Owens.
3. "O autumn! My very soul is wedded to it."
- George Eliot.
4. “October had tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.”
- Sarah Guillory.
5. "There is a harmony in autumn season colors, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!"
- Percy Bysshe Shelley.
6. "Fall is favorite season. The time when everything bursts with it's beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale."
– Lauren Destefano.
7. "October, the extravagant sister."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
8. "We live in a world where there is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn colors and leaves."
- Joe L. Wheeler.
9. "October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again."
- Hal Borland.
10. "The trees are in their autumn beauty, The woodland paths are dry, Under the October twilight the water Mirrors a still sky."
11. “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves.”
– Humbert Wolfe.
12. "Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits."
- Samuel Butler.
13. "In October, a maple tree before your window lights up your room like a great lamp. Even on cloudy days, its presence helps to dispel the gloom."
- John Burroughs.
14. "Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year."
- Chad Sugg.
15. "I remember it as October days are always remembered, cloudless, maple-flavored, the air gold and so clean it quivers."
- Leif Enger.
16. "The leaves fall in the autumn, and it looks fantastic."
- Hubert De Givenchy.
17. "All things on earth point home in old October; sailors to sea, travellers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken."
― Thomas Wolfe.
18. "What is lovely like the autumn leaves never dies, but passes into other loveliness."
- Thomas Bailey Aldrich.
19. "Pale amber sunlight falls across. The reddening October trees, That hardly sway before a breeze."
- Ernest Dowson.
20. "October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book."
- John Sinor.
21. "There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October."
- Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Popular October Quotes
Here you will find the best October quotes.
22. "I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October."
- Charmaine J. Forde.
23. "Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul, but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October."
- Peggy Toney Horton.
24. "October is a hallelujah!"
- John Nichols.
25. "The clear light that belongs to October was making the landscape radiant."
- Florence Bone.
26. "The reason must be October, the trees are falling away and showing their true colors."
- Charmaine J. Forde.
27. "After the keen still days of September, the October sun filled the earth with mellow warmth."
- Elizabeth George Speare.
28. "In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October."
- Alexander Smith.
29. "October is the treasure of the year and all the months pay bounty to her store."
- Paul Laurence Dunbar.
Here you will find funny October quotes and famous October quotes.
30. "Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows' Eve."
– Ray Bradbury.
31. "October proved a riot a riot to the senses and climaxed those giddy last weeks before Halloween."
― Keith Donohue.
32. "Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, never take candy from strangers. And then they dressed me up and said, go beg for it. "
- Rita Rudner.
33. "Where there is no imagination, there is no horror."
— Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
34. "Every day is Halloween isn't it?"
— Tim Burton.
35. "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
- J.K. Rowling.
36. "Halloween shadows played upon the walls of the houses."
- Eleanor Estes.
37. "Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, tonight is Halloween!"
– Dexter Kozen.
38. "If human beings had genuine courage, they'd wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween."
- Douglas Coupland.
39. "Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas."
—Stephen Graham Jones.
40. "You can empower young children to conquer their fears by allowing them to tackle the "unspoken" fears."
― Asa Don Brown.
41. "I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner."
- Evan Peters.
42. "The Halloween wind was blowing, not a blasting of wind but a right-sized swelling, falling, and gushing of wind."
- Eleanor Estes.
Apple Picking Quotes
Here you will find quotes about October.
43. "My troubles are all over, and I am at home; and often before I am quite awake, I fancy I am still in the orchard at Birtwick, standing with my friends under the apple trees."
― Anna Sewell.
44. "I work hard in the orchard, not for the money anymore, but for something I can't explain. Something worth more than money."
― Steven Herrick.
45. "Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first October was crisp and golden as an apple."
― J.K. Rowling.
46. "For I have had too much, of apple-picking:I am overtired of the great harvest I myself desired."
― Robert Frost.
47. "An apple tree is just like a person. In order to thrive, it needs companionship that's similar to it in some ways, but quite different than others."
― Jeffrey Stepakoff.
Here you will find a collection of October quotations.
48. "October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace!"
- Rainbow Rowell.
49. "I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."
- Henry David Thoreau.
50. "My favorite word is pumpkin. You are a pumpkin. Or you are not. I am."
— Harrison Salisbury.
51. "The pumpkin is a uniquely American plant, widely regarded as one of the most magical plants."
- Seth Adam Smith.
52. "If you're ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you're good to go."
- Devendra Banhart.
53. "Pumpkins are the only living organisms with triangle eyes."
- Harland Williams.
54. "When life gives you pumpkins, make pie."
- Elbert Hubbard.
55. "Everything is for sale in Hollywood; the fairy tale, the costume, the pumpkin, the footman and the mice."
- Amanda Eliasch.
56. "Sometimes I think that ideas float through the atmosphere like huge squishy pumpkins, waiting for heads to drop on."
- Neil Gaiman.
57. "Cause I'm Peter, Peter the pumpkin eater and the party has just begun."
— Garth Brooks.
58. "Let's be honest: you can't celebrate fall without it's leading role - pumpkin! You can incorporate this flavor of the season in so many ways, from candles to lattes, pies to decorations."
59. "Instead of doing cinnamon, nutmeg, and all those baking spices I'll have one spice that's for sweets, and that's pumpkin pie spice."
- Sandra Lee.
60. "There are three things that I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
— Charlie Brown.
Quotes On United Nations To Celebrate UN Day
24 October is celebrated as the United Nations' Day. Here are some of the inspirational October quotes.
61."The United Nations is designed to make possible lasting freedom and independence for all its members."
- Harry S Truman.
62. "Whether addressing immediate crises or building long-term foundations of peace, the United Nations will remain committed to solutions that advance the global good."
- Ban Ki-moon.
63. "The UN was not created to take mankind to heaven, but to save humanity from hell."
- Dag Hammarskjold.
64. "We have actively sought and are actively seeking to make the United Nations an effective instrument of international cooperation."
- Dean Acheson.
65. "The United Nations is our one great hope for a peaceful and free world."
- Ralph Bunche.
66. "I hope the United Nations will ever remain the supreme forum of peace and justice, the authentic seat of freedom."
— Pope John Paul II.
67. "We prefer world law, in the age of self-determination, to world war in the age of mass extermination."
- John F Kennedy.
68. "Humankind is united in its essential nature and is divided only in those things that are of secondary importance."
― Wald Wassermann.
69. "The United Nations was not set up to be a reformatory. It was assumed that you would be good before you got in and not that being in would make you good."
- John Foster Dulles.
70. "I am convinced that the United Nations provides the best road to the future for those who have confidence in our capacity to shape our own fate on this planet."
- Kurt Waldheim.
71. "Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."
72. "The United Nations stands for the freedom and equality of all peoples."
- Ralph Bunche.
73. "When governments, the United Nations, businesses, philanthropies and civil society work hand-in-hand, we can achieve great things."
- Ban Ki-moon.
74. "The whole basis of the United Nations is the right of all nations-great or small-to have weight, to have a vote, to be attended to, to be a part of the twentieth century."
- Adlai Stevenson.
75. "United Nations troops proved to be the prime mover behind the realisation of freedom throughout the post-war period."
- Kim Young Sam.
Diwali fills the atmosphere with lights. Find the best quotes here.
76. "I have believed the best of every man. And find that to believe is enough to make a bad man show him at his best, or even a good man swings his lantern higher."
- William Butler Yeats.
77. "Light is more important than the lantern."
- Nizar Qabbani.
78. "We must shine with hope."
- Marge Piercy.
79. "Diwali is a time to forget the bickering and negativeness that have happened through the year."
- Sri Ravi Shankar.
80. "The fireworks went on for nearly half an hour, starbursts of light brightening both sky and water. It was hard to tell which was reality and which was reflection."
- Sol Luckman.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for October quotes then why not take a look at welcome quotes, [funny fall quotes], or pumpkin quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.