Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Find some of the best quotes about tenacity to get inspired by.
The most important thing is the decision to follow through and, hopefully, we can help you with that with this great list. So without further ado, let's go through our list of great tenacity quotes.
Tenacity is mostly defined as the quality of being persistent and determined to achieve the result that one aims to work towards. Often overcoming the difficult aspects of life through sheer willpower and perseverance. Tenacity is seen as a good quality to have if you are working towards achieving something that takes a while to complete. Being persistent and going through a difficult thing at a time in life without faltering can be seen as an example of having tenacity. People with the tenacity to carry on with the difficult parts of life are often successful in this world.
Every living being has the tenacity to do things that one would assume hard to do or straight-up impossible. The quality to make up one's mind and follow through one's plans in life without faltering is the best example of tenacity in human beings.
Quotes About Having Tenacity In Life
Great tenacity quotes that will inspire you to keep going.
1. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
―Thomas A. Edison.
2. "There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
3. "Your life's work is to find your life's work and then to exercise the discipline, tenacity, and hard work it takes to pursue it."
4. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do."
5. "There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this."
6. "Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing."
7. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
8. "To succeed at anything worthwhile in life requires persistence, no matter how gifted, fortunate, or passionate you are."
9. "Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of."
10. "If you fell down yesterday, stand up today."
―H. G. Wells.
11. "Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure."
12. "Patience and tenacity are worth more than twice their weight of cleverness."
13. "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
14. "Capacity, audacity, and tenacity will take you to your mountaintop."
15. "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
―Ralph Waldo Emerson.
16. "If you hang around long enough, they think you're good. It's either my tenacity or my stupidity, I'm not sure which."
17. "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
Famous Quotes On Tenacity And Hard Work
Great sayings about tenacity and never giving up quotes that make the world go round.
18. "Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
―Louis D. Brandeis.
19. "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."
20. "Defeat doesn't finish a man, quit does. A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits."
―Richard M. Nixon.
21. "Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody."
―Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
22. "The will to do, the tenacity to overcome all obstacles and to finish the course, the strength to cling to inexorable ideals, are all rooted in courage."
―J. Edgar Hoover.
23. "To make our way, we must have firm resolve, persistence, tenacity. We must gear ourselves to work hard all the way. We can never let up."
24. "If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
25. "The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are hard work, stick-to-itiveness, and common sense."
―Thomas A. Edison.
26. "I know of no such unquestionable badge and ensign of a sovereign mind as that of tenacity of purpose."
―Ralph Waldo Emerson.
27. "Victory belongs to the most persevering."
28. "I am thankful for all of those who said no to me. It's because of them I'm doing it myself."
29. "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
―F. Scott Fitzgerald.
30. "If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it."
―Elon Musk, 'Entrepreneur's Insane Vision Becomes Reality', interview with Scott Pelley, 22 May, 2012.
31. "A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying."
―B. F. Skinner.
Great Quotes About Maintaining Focus
Giving up isn't an option with these great don't give up quotes!
32. "I've learned it's important not to limit yourself. You can do whatever you really love to do, no matter what it is."
33. "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
34. "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
35. "Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success."
36. "Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable."
37. "Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire."
38. "Maintain that motivation to go from A to B and to keep your focus on that target without any weakening. That is called tenacity; stamina in your motivation."
39. "What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose."
40. "It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."
41. "Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
42. "You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get."
43. "It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get back up."
―Vince Lombardi, 'What It Takes To Be Number One', 2012.
44. "You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them."
45. "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do."
46. "Those who know physicists and mountaineers know the traits they have in common: a "dream-and-drive" spirit, a bulldog tenacity of purpose, and an openness to try any route to the summit."
Philosophical Quotes About Tenacity
Great quotes to help you act the rest of your path according to your own thoughts.
47. "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on."
48. "Be still, my heart; thou hast known worse than this. On that day when the cyclops, unrestrained in fury, devoured the mighty men of my company; but still, thou didst endure till thy craft found a way for thee forth from out the cave, where thou thoughtest to die."
49. "Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
50. "TENACITY, n. A certain quality of the human hand in its relation to the coin of the realm. It attains its highest development in the hand of authority and is considered a serviceable equipment for a career in politics."
51. "The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
52. "I am a great believer in the simplicity of things and as you probably know I am inclined to hang on to broad and simple ideas like grim death until evidence is too strong for my tenacity."
53. "Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air."
―John Quincy Adams.
54. "Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity."
55. "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
56. "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent."
57. "Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."
58. "Tenacity is a certain quality of the human hand in its relation to the coin of the realm. It attains its highest development in the hand of authority and is considered a serviceable equipment for a career in politics."
59. "Tenacity is more than endurance, it is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire."
60. "The paradox of courage is that a man must be a little careless of his life even in order to keep it."
―Gilbert K Chesterton
61. "When it comes to doing great things, it's less a matter of vision and more a matter of bravery."
―Craig D. Lounsbrough.
62. "Tenacity, even when others might give up, is the seed of drive that, when it matures, gives rise to the undefeatable motivation that defines a warrior."
63. "Tenacity is a pretty fair substitute for bravery, and the best form of tenacity I know is expressed in a Danish fur trapper's principle: The next mile is the only one a person really has to make."
64. "Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success."
65. "The most effective way to do it is to do it."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Tenacity Quotes, then why not take a look at be brave quotes, or [be fearless quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.