Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Vision is important because it helps us imagine what we want our future to be like; thus, we can begin working towards it.
Many people confuse the words vision and sight. Sight is what we see with our eyes when we look around; vision is a picture of what could be, or how you want things to be.
Some inspirational quotes about vision, at least one of which gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power, are listed below. These inspirational quotes also talk about the meanings of vision in our lives, our dreams, our careers, and politics.
After reading through these vision quotes, you should also check out our [perception quotes] and clear mind quotes.
Quotes About How Leaders Create A Vision
Good business leaders create a vision, uphold it and work towards it.
1. "A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done."
2. "To the person who does not know where he wants to go there is no favorable wind."
3. "Good leaders must communicate vision clearly, creatively and continually. However, the vision does not come alive until the leader models it."
-John C Maxwell.
4. "Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there."
-John P Kotter.
5. "To grasp and hold a vision, that is the very essence of successful leadership—not only on the movie set where I learned it but everywhere."
6. "A leader's role is to raise people's aspirations for what they can become and to release their energies so they will try to get there."
7. "Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality."
-Warren G Bennis.
8. "A leader is the one who can outline the broad vision and the direction, and say here's where we are going to go, here's why we need to go there, and here's how we are going to get there."
9. "Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground."
-Franklin D Roosevelt.
10. "Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion."
11. "A leader without a vision is like a piano player without a piano or a kite without wind."
-Jonathan Michael Bowman.
12. "Vision and persistence will get you to the top of the leadership mountain, but only humility will keep you there."
13. "It is unbelievable how powerful you can be when you have a clear vision."
14. "If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you."
15. "The very essence of leadership is that you have a vision. It's got to be a vision you articulate clearly and forcefully on every occasion."
16. "When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
Inspirational Quotes On Vision For Your Life
Sometimes we need inspirational quotes to help us think about big things that we can achieve in life. A vision is "an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more", as Rosabeth Moss Kanter says.
17. "Don't underestimate the power of your vision to change the world."
18. "Create a vision that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning."
19. "Your vision of where or who you want to be is your greatest asset."
20. "The most important thing is to simultaneously deal with reality, but also have a vision about where you want to go."
21. "If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily."
22. "Knowledge is love and light and vision."
23. "You've got to think about big things while you're doing small things so that all the small things go in the right direction."
24. "Directions are instructions given to explain how. Direction is the vision offered to explain why."
25. "A clear vision backed by definite plans gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power."
26. "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there."
-Norman Vincent Peale.
27. "My eyes are my favorite part of me. Not for how they look, but how they see."
28. "A vision is not just a picture of what could be; it is an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more."
-Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
29. "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
30. "Visions don't change, they are only refined. Be stubborn about the vision, but flexible with your plan."
-John C Maxwell.
31. "Once we have lived, the inner spark of vision does the rest."
32. "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe."
33. "Progressive visionaries are the vehicles of effective long term reform."
34. "Big thinking precedes great achievement."
35. "The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when nobody else is looking."
36. "Envision, create, and believe in your own universe, and the universe will form around you."
37. "Dissatisfaction and discouragement are not caused by the absence of things but the absence of vision."
38. "The one thing you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can."
39. "Have a vision. It is the ability to see the invisible. If you can see the invisible, you can achieve the impossible."
Quotes On Visions And Your Dreams
Helen Keller said that "worse than being blind is having sight but no vision" and Thomas Edison said that "vision without execution is a hallucination". Find these powerful quotes and more from the likes of Roy T Bennett here.
40. "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."
41. "Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others."
-Roy T Bennett.
42. "In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision."
43. "Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
-Joel A Barker.
44. "Vision without execution is hallucination."
45. "Vision is a picture of the future that produces passion."
46. "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise."
47. "A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future."
48. "When you believe in your dream and your vision, then it begins to attract its own resources. No one was born to be a failure."
49. "Create a vision for the life you really want and then work relentlessly towards making it a reality."
-Roy T Bennett.
50. "Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements."
51. "Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be. Your Ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil."
52. "When you open your mind, you give your imagination freedom to act for you. You utilize the gift of vision."
53. "Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."
54. "Vision gets the dreams started. Both are part of something I believe is absolutely necessary to building the life of a champion, a winner, a person of high character who is consistently at the top of whatever game he or she is in."
55. "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
56. "If you stay true to yourself and true to your vision and your own values, you can power through and make an impact on modern life."
57. "The power of the word and the power of the book has played a major role in turning my vision... into reality."
-John C Bogle, while talking about his twin careers as an investment executive and financial writer.
Quotes About How Vision Is The Art Of Seeing
Vision is a skill that we have to practice, learn more with these quotes from Jonathan Swift and more.
58. "Great art is the outward expression of an inner life in the artist, and this inner life will result in his personal vision of the world."
59. "Vision is the true creative rhythm."
60. "I'm interested in contemporary vision - the flicker of chrome, reflections, rapid associations, quick flashes of light. Bing! Bang!"
61. "Your thoughts shape your vision. You see what you choose to see."
62. "If you don't have a vision you're going to be stuck in what you know. And the only thing you know is what you've already seen."
63. "Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others."
64. "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside, awakens."
65. "If I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse, but surely you will see the wildness!"
66. "An artist is not just paid for his labor, but for his vision."
67. "You can't buy vision, and you can't buy aesthetic."
68. "True originality consists not in a new manner but in a new vision."
69. "Vision looks upward and becomes faith."
-Stephen Samuel Wise.
70. "Clarity of vision is the key to achieving your objectives."
71. "I think that the greatest gift God ever gave man is not the gift of sight but the gift of vision. Sight is a function of the eyes, but vision is a function of the heart."
72. "Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such."
73. "Vision is perhaps our greatest strength... it has kept us alive to the power and continuity of thought through the centuries, it makes us peer into the future and lends shape to the unknown."
74. "If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him."
-John F Kennedy.
75. "The best vision is insight."
Quotes About What Will Happen If You Don't Have A Good Vision
Let these quotes encourage you to sharpen your vision and remind you of the downfall of vision without action.
76. "The tragedy in life does not lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy of life lies in having no goal to reach."
-Benjamin E Mays.
77. "When there is no vision, there is no hope."
-George Washington Carver.
78. "Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything."
79. "Without vision, even the most focused passion is a battery without a device."
80. "Capital isn't scarce; vision is."
81. "If you do not have an absolutely clear vision of something, where you can follow the light to the end of the tunnel, then it doesn't matter whether you're bold or cowardly, or whether you're stupid or intelligent. Doesn't get you anywhere."
82. "Leaders are limited by their vision rather than by their abilities."
-Roy T Bennett.
83. "When you have vision it affects your attitude. Your attitude is optimistic rather than pessimistic."
-Charles R Swindoll.
84. "Strategic planning is worthless unless there's a strategic vision."
85. "Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs."
86. "Panic causes tunnel vision. Calm acceptance of danger allows us to more easily assess the situation and see the options."
87. "The only limits are, as always, those of vision."
88. "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
89. "Faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be."
90. "If you don't have that vision for the end goal, you have no clue where you're going, and you're going to work very hard to go nowhere."
-J J Watt.
91. "We might possess every technological resource... but if our language is inadequate or our vision remains formless, our thinking and feeling are still running in old cycles, our process may be 'revolutionary' but not transformative."
Career Vision Quotes
Here are some vision board quotes about how plans can help us achieve what we need.
92. "A strong team can take any crazy vision and turn it into reality."
93. "A lack of realism in the vision today costs credibility tomorrow."
-John C Maxwell.
94. "Personal ambition is 'I want to be CEO.' Greater vision ambition is, 'I want to lead this company so that people want to work here.'"
95. "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and magic, and power in it. Begin it now."
96. "Chase the vision, not the money. The money will end up following you."
97. "Develop both short-term and long-term vision."
98. "The more clear you are about what you want the more likely you are to achieve it."
99. "Have a vision for a world where business is the most powerful force for positive change."
100. "Vision: to reach our greatest potential, we must set our sights clearly and embrace the unknown confidently."
101. "To succeed in business you need to make others see your vision."
-John Henry Patterson.
102. "If you have a great mission statement from a great vision statement then your greatness will surpass your own generation."
-Joel Nyarangi Akoya.
103. "A brand is the intersection of vision, corporate values, and culture, as perceived by the customer."
Political Quotes On Vision
Many politicians and famous people who are related to politics have some great vision quotes.
104. "Universal basic income is not a solution in search of a problem - it's the obvious solution that's been in front of us for years. It only requires us to have the vision, empathy and courage to adopt it for the people before it is too late."
105. "We must never stop fighting for a vision of American democracy in which we strive for and encourage the highest levels of voter turnout and participation."
106. "The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision."
107. "We still have a good deal more work to do to guarantee the strategic vision of a Europe whole, free and at peace."
108. "Being a socialist means that you hold out a vision of society where poverty is absolutely unnecessary, international relations are not based on greed, but on cooperation; where human beings can own the means of production and work together rather than having to work as semi-slaves to other people who can hire and fire."
109. "My 2020 vision for India is to transform it into a developed nation. That cannot be abstract; it is a lifeline."
-Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam.
110. "A political vision is not a grab-bag of discrete problems and solutions. It is the visionary anticipation of a direction."
111. "Vision is not a political rhetoric."
At Kidadl, we have curated lots of family-friendly quotes for everyone! If you liked these vision quotes, why not take a look at our [daydreaming quotes] or [dream big quotes] for more inspirational quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.