Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Whisper refers to the sound made by a person while speaking quietly.
Whisperings are generally used so as to speak to a specific person and not let anyone else know about it. The place where whispering is most abundantly followed is a library.
In performing arts, in a drama or a play, vocal actors use the whispering technique based on their part. There are also many poems that you could whisper into the ears of your partner. So, be quiet as you go through these carefully chosen whisper quotes.
Romantic Quotes To Whisper
In this category, you will find deep whisper quotes, whisper of the heart quotes, and whisper love quotes.
1. "I wonder, by my troth, what thou and I
Did, till we loved?"
-John Donne, 'The Good Morrow', 1633.
2. "Ah, love, let us be true
To one another!"
-Matthew Arnold, 'Dover Beach', 1867.
3. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 'Sonnet 43', 1850.
4. "If I should meet thee
After long years,
How should I greet thee?—
With silence and tears."
-Lord Byron, 'When We Two Parted', 1816.
5. "Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle.
Why not I with thine?"
-P.B.Shelley, 'Love's Philosophy', 1819.
6. "I arise from dreams of Thee
In the first sweet sleep of night,
When the winds are breathing low
And the stars are shining bright."
-P.B.Shelley, 'Lines To An Indian Air'.
7. "There be none of Beauty's daughters
With a magic like Thee;
And like music on the waters
Is thy sweet voice to me."
-Lord Byron, 'There Be None of Beauty's Daughters', 1816.
8. "And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry."
-Robert Burns, 'A Red, Red Rose', 1794.
9. "My whole heart rises up to bless
Your name in pride and thankfulness!"
-Robert Browning, 'The Last Ride Together', 1855.
10. "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate..."
-William Shakespeare, 'Sonnet 18: Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day?', 1609.
11. "I whispered, 'I am too young',
And then, 'I am old enough';
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love."
-W.B.Yeats, 'The Young Man's Song'.
12. "So shalt thou fly above the vulgar throng,
Still to survive in my immortal song."
- Michael Drayton, 'How Many Paltry, Foolish, Painted Things', 1619.
13. "The reason no man knows; let it suffice
What we behold is censured by our eyes.
Where both deliberate, the love is slight:
Who ever loved, that loved not at first sight?"
- Christopher Marlowe, 'Hero And Leander', 1598.
14. "Because I liked you better
Than suits a man to say,
It irked you, and I promised
To throw the thought away."
-A.E. Housman, 'Because I Liked You Better',1936.
15. "You are the call and I am the answer,
You are the wish, and I the fulfillment,
You are the night, and I the day.
What else—it is perfect enough,
It is perfectly complete."
-D.H.Lawrence, 'Bei Hennef', 1913.
16. "Then, if when I have lov'd my round,
Thou prov'st the pleasant she."
-Richard Lovelace, 'The Scrutiny, 1642'.
17. "Had we but world enough and time,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which way
To walk, and pass our long love's day."
-Andrew Marvell, 'To His Coy Mistress', 1861.
18. "My River runs to thee.
Blue sea, wilt thou welcome me?
My river awaits reply."
-Emily Dickinson, 'My River Runs To Thee', 1852.
19. "Do you suppose yourself advancing on real ground toward a real heroic man?
Have you no thought, O dreamer, that it may be all maya, illusion?"
-Walt Whitman, 'Are You The New Person Drawn Toward Me?', 1860.
20. "And thus, my Love! as on the midway slope
Of yonder hill I stretch my limbs at noon,
Whilst through my half-closed eyelids I behold
The sunbeams dance, like diamonds, on the main,
And tranquil muse upon tranquility."
- S. T. Coleridge, 'The Eolian Harp', 1795.
Whisper In My Ear Quotes
Enlisted below are the finest whisper quotes and sayings and quotes about whispers in the wind including the famous quote from Lord John Russell. You will also get some cute whisper quotes, funny and quirky whisper quotes.
21. "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenements halls and whispered in the sounds of silence."
- Paul Simon, Simon and Garfunkel, 'Sound Of Silence', 1964.
22. "The way to deal with worldly people is to frighten them by repeating their scandalous whisperings aloud."
- George Bernard Shaw.
23. "We exist with a wind whispering inside and our moon flexing. Amid the ducts, inside the basilica of bones."
- Jack Gilbert.
24. "Skepticism is forever whispering in your ears. You're very new at this. You may be mistaken. You've been wrong before."
- D. J. Grothe.
25. "As winds come whispering lightly from the West, Kissing, not ruffling, the blue deep's serene."
26. "As for murmurs, mother, we grumble a little now and then, to be sure; but there's no love lost between us."
27. "Heard ten thousand whispering and nobody listening. Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughing. Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter."
-Bob Dylan, 'A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall', 1963.
28. "If the sun refused to shine,
I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea,
There will still be you and me."
29. "The whisper of the dusk is night shedding its husk."
30. "In faith, I hear a whisper in the air as it sweeps:
secrets sparkling from the waters unto the shore;"
31. "The whisper of a pretty girl can be heard further than the roar of a lion."
32. "Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering 'it will be happier'."
- Alfred Lord Tennyson.
33. "That whisper you keep hearing is the universe trying to get your attention."
34. "The watch-dog's voice that bay'd the whispering wind, And the loud laugh that spoke the vacant mind."
35. "I can hear your whisper and distant mutter. I can smell your damp on the breeze and in the sky I see the halo of your violence. Storm I know you are coming."
36. "We may stumble, but always there is that eternal voice, forever whispering within our ear, that thing which causes the eternal quest, that thing which forever sings and sings."
- Ernest Holmes.
37. "The Higher Self is whispering to you softly in the silence between your thoughts."
- Deepak Chopra.
38. "It is impossible that the whisper of a faction should prevail against the voice of a nation."
-Lord John Russell.
39. "The fear of your own solitude, of its vast surface and its infinity… Remorse is the voice of solitude. And what does this whispering voice say? Everything in us that is not human anymore."
- Emile M. Cioran.
40. "A whisper can be stronger, as an atom is stronger, than a whole mountain."
41. "Within the whispers of love, I found my heart. Within a glimmer from a ray, I found my soul. Within both, I found myself."
42. "Let your heart guide you...it whispers so listen closely."
43. "To those of you who seek lost objects of history, I wish you the best of luck. They're out there, and they're whispering."
- Clive Cussler.
44. "One whisper, added to a thousand others, becomes a roar of discontent."
45. "Ever notice that the whisper of temptation can be heard farther than the loudest call to duty."
46. "God's voice was not in the earthquake, Not in the fire, nor the storm, but it was in the whispering breezes."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
47. "The melancholy river bears us on. When the moon comes through the trailing willow boughs, I see your face, I hear your voice and the bird singing as we pass the osier bed. What are you whispering?"
- Virginia Woolf.
48. "Our self-trust is such a subtle thing that it still comes around whispering to us even after we are sure it is gone."
- Aiden Wilson Tozer.
49. "In the Heaven's above, the angels, whispering to one another, can find, among their burning terms of love, none so devotional as that of 'Mother.'"
- Edgar Allan Poe.
50. "Watering the flowers and the trees, whispering to them, talking to them. Then, they will grow to be more bright and luxuriant."
- Gautama Buddha.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for whisper quotes then why not take a look at introvert quotes, or [aesthetic quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.