Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Fall is the season for romance, family, pumpkin spice, apple pies, and for all things golden and nice.
Are you one of those people who find themselves jumping for joy when sweater weather arrives? Well, you are not the only one.
There are more than a few people who think sweater weather is better. People love fall for the abundance of all things apple: apple pies, apple jam, apple tarts, and apple picking. Fall is also a great time to bond with family. The weather is better to get together over trips to the pumpkin patch, playing in the pumpkin patch, sharing ghost stories, drinking a pumpkin spice latte, and enjoying the fall foliage and maple leaves. What's not to love about fall?
Fall is also great for cozying up with your better half for Instagram photos. The perfect caption for a couple picture needs to evoke the romance of the season. Our list of cute quotes for fall is sure to make you feel all giddy and warm, as you'll find awesome new fall captions, fall sayings, and different ways to say "happy fall!".
If you want to find more Instagram captions for fall, then you can check out these October quotes and [nature quotes] too.
Romantic Fall Instagram Captions
Fall weather is great for celebrating "pumpkin spice and everything nice." "Pumpkin spice and everything nice" is not just a trend. It’s a tradition. Families bond over excursions to pumpkin patches, include pumpkin spice in their cooking, drink pumpkin spice latte, and use pumpkins in their autumnal home décor. Fall shows us how beautiful it is to let things go. There is also the ‘gourd-geous’ fall foliage to admire, cute fall décor, autumn skies and pumpkin-themed food with pumpkin spice, and parties. These all make us say "Gourd, I love fall!". This season, why not use fall quotes that embrace the changing season to say "happy fall"? We have listed more quotes that make perfect fall Instagram captions below. Enjoy!
1. "I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."
-Henry David Thoreau.
2. "Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all."
- Stanley Horowitz.
3. "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
- L.M. Montgomery.
4. "Don't you love New York in the fall?”
- Nora Ephron.
5. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
- Albert Camus.
6. "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it."
- George Eliot.
7. "Autumns seem that season of beginning, spring."
- Truman Capote.
8. "How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."
- John Burroughs.
9. "Fall has always been my favorite season.”
- Lauren Destefano.
10. "Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
11. "Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence."
- Yoko Ono.
12. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.”
13. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.”
14. “And I rose
In rainy autumn
And walked abroad in a shower of all my days.”
15. “Days decrease,
And autumn grows, autumn in everything.”
16. “If a year was tucked inside a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.”
17. “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.”
- Nathaniel Hawthorne.
18. “She looked like autumn, when leaves turned and fruit ripened.”
-Sarah Addison Allen.
19. “Nothing dies as beautifully as autumn.”
20. “It was one of those perfect fall days when the air is cool enough to wake you up but the sun is also kissing your face.”
21. “It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.”
22. "It is autumn. The leaves are falling from the trees like burning tears.”
Cheerful Fall Quotes
The perfect fall caption is one that encapsulates the beauty of the season of golden skies and pumpkin pies. And, let’s not forget the millennial love of pumpkin spice things that has now extended to all ages. Whether it's pumpkin pies and pumpkin spice lattes or pumpkin scented candles and pumpkin costumes, the season definitely has a flavor and it truly is all about "pumpkin spice and everything nice." Making a pumpkin pie, decorating a pumpkin pie, buying a pumpkin pie, and enjoying other pumpkin-themed products are all ways to get into the spirit of the season. But fall is not just about golden skies and pumpkin pies. Fall is also great for taking photos of the autumn leaves that crisp in the fall. Good fall captions for Instagram are those that celebrate the season in all its glory. Here we have collected some of the best fall Instagram captions to fit every mood. You're sure to love these cheerful and funny fall quotes.
23. “The fallen leaves in the forest seemed to make even the ground glow and burn with light.”
24. “It’s a beautiful fall day. Gentle wind teases stubborn autumn leaves.”
-Fidelis O. Mkparu.
25. “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.”
26. “There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees.”
27. “For as long as she could remember, she had thought that autumn air went well with books.”
28. “The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer.”
- Jane Hirshfield.
29. “The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.”
- Charlotte Bates.
30. “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.”
-Sarah Addison Allen.
31. “Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard.”
32. “I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.”
- Lee Maynard.
33. “My favorite color is October."
34. “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers, we more than gain in fruits.”
- Samuel Butler.
35. “It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider.”
- Diana Gabaldon.
36. “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.”
-Joe. L. Wheeler.
37. “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.”
38. "I see the turning of a leaf dancing in an autumn sun, and brilliant shades of crimson glowing when the day is done."
- Hazelmarie Mattie Elliott.
39. "If only all could feel this way, to be so captured and enthralled with autumn."
-Donna Lynn Hope.
40. "The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves."
41. “There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky.”
-Percy Bysshe Shelley.
42. "The tints of autumn... a mighty flower garden blossoming under the spell of the enchanter, frost."
-John Greenleaf Whittier.
43. "Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods."
44. "Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day."
- Shira Tamir.
45. "Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron, and russet."
- Sharon Kay Penman.
Enchanting Fall Instagram Captions
With the changing weather, indoor activities like crafting and cooking become beloved pastimes. Families channel their creativity by making pumpkin pies and decorating the house with maple leaves. Sweater weather is better together while watching leaves crisp in the fall and being inspired by the golden autumn skies and abundant pumpkin patches. We sure are lucky to live in a world that experiences fall! You are sure to find your perfect pick for the best fall Instagram captions from our collection.
46. "Dancing of the autumn leaves on a surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake."
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
47. "October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter."
- Nova S. Blair.
48. "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons."
- Jim Bishop.
49. “I come alive in the fall time.”
-The Weeknd, 'Starboy'.
50. “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place.”
-Taylor Swift, 'All Too Well'.
51. “Oh, the leaves are turning gold. Each night’s a little bluer, but autumn’s not that cold."
-Lorrie Morgan, 'Autumn's Not That Cold'.
52. "It's harvest time in this little town."
-Luke Bryan, 'Harvest Time'.
53. "I want to see you dance again. Because I'm still in love with you on this harvest moon."
-Neil Young, 'Harvest Moon'.
54. “The autumn days swung soft around me, like cotton on my skin.”
-Fiona Apple, 'Pale September'.
55. "It’s autumn in New York; it’s good to live again."
-Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, 'Autumn In New York'.
56. “But I miss you most of all, my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall.”
57. “But now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way.”
-Led Zeppelin, 'Ramble On'.
58. “Fall, go on and fall apart. Fall into these arms of mine, I’ll catch you every time.”
-Clay Walker, 'Fall'.
59. “I come by light of an autumn moon.”
-Broken Bells, 'October'.
60. “Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard.”
61. “Your heart, Bessie, is an autumn garage.”
- J.D. Salinger.
62. “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly.”
-Delia Owens, 'Where The Crawdads Sing'.
63. “If you run, then allow those first few breaths on a cool autumn day to freeze your lungs.”
64. “Autumn lingered on as if fond of its own perfection.”
65. “Never let me lose what I have gained, and adorn the branches of your river with leaves of my estranged autumn.”
- Federico García Lorca.
66. “Autumn is the antidote to stifling summer.”
67. “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?”
Charming Fall Instagram Captions
You can seek inspiration for the perfect fall caption from literature, music, or cinema. Look for charming quotes by writers like F Scott Fitzgerald, who wrote about this picturesque time of the year in his novel ‘The Great Gatsby’. Here we have a collection of quotes from music, books, and movies that are perfect for fall Instagram captions for every kind of person. Pick your favorite short cute fall quotes here.
68. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”
-F Scott Fitzgerald.
69. “Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end.”
-Rémy de Gourmont.
70. “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.”
-William Cullen Bryant.
71. “I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.”
72. “I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.”
-Melvyn Douglas, 'Being There'.
73. “Seasons may change, winter to spring... I love you 'til the end of time.”
-Nicole Kidman, 'Moulin Rouge'.
74. “The ground's too hard. If they wanted a decent funeral, they should have got themselves killed in summer.”
-Jeff Bridges, 'True Grit'.
75. “Autumn comes, Summer dies, I see the passing of the years in your eyes.”
-Rex Harrison, 'Doctor Dolittle'.
76. “Autumn brings the falling of leaves and cool days.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
77. “Mothman flew away from town, like a giant bat, and then disappeared from sight behind a thicket of skeletal autumn trees.”
- Don Roff.
78. “The air has that bracing autumnal bite so that all you want to do is bob for apples.”
79. “Autumn is my spring!”
- August Strindberg.
80. “Autumn flings her fiery cloak over the sumac, beech and oak.”
81. “As autumn cedes to winter, I ceded to the mist.”
82. “Life is like an autumn; short but colourful.”
83. “Life turns grey as the leaves fall in autumn.”
84. “I can see the young man on dizzily autumn mornings, the fog of which he inhaled just like the rapidly evaporating freedom.”
85. “Wind warns November’s done with. The blown leaves make bat-shapes.”
86. “You must remain. I must depart. Two autumns falling in the heart.”
87. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”
88. “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves.”
89. “Autumn leaves are falling; filling up the streets.”
Uplifting Fall Quotes And Sayings
A good fall caption must be uplifting and capture the diversity of autumn. After all, fall is a precursor to the year’s best festivals like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Here we have some romantic fall quotes to make you feel optimistic during sweater weather, with a cup of pumpkin spice latte in your hand.
90. “Another fall, another turned page.”
91. "Autumn is the best season to sniff, and to sniff for pleasure."
- Bertha Damon.
92. “Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt.”
- William Allingham.
93. “Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.”
- Faith Baldwin.
94. “Only lovers see the fall, a signal end to endings.”
- Maya Angelou.
95. “I am struck by the simplicity of light in the atmosphere in the autumn.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
96. “She loved the fall, all the sun-faded colors of summer repainted by vivid reds and golds.”
- Naomi Ragen.
97. “And the sunsets of autumn—are they not gorgeous beyond description?”
98. “Fall colors are funny. They’re so bright and intense and beautiful.”
- Siobhan Vivian.
99. “Autumn needs no clock or calendar.”
- Hal Borland.
100. "Autumn leaves shower like gold, like rainbows.”
- Dan Millman.
101. “As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see.”
- Vincent van Gogh.
102. "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."
- Elizabeth Lawrence.
103. “The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.”
– Henry Beston.
104. “My sorrow, when she’s here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be.”
– Robert Frost.
105. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.”
106. “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.”
107. "I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze."
- Ann Drake.
108. “I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived.”
109. "If the leaves are changing, I feel poetry in the air."
- Laura Jaworski.
110. "And autumn is the best time for adventures."
- Marisa Casciano.
111. "Leaves are falling. Autumn is calling."
112. "Wake me up when September ends."
- Green Day, 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 110+ cute fall quotes for Instagram captions, then why not take a look at these September quotes or apple quotes too?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.