Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Good habits can make all the difference in life.
Good habits are worth nurturing and turning into successful habits to bring in positive life changes. It may not be an easy task but with motivation, self-control, and a strong will, good habits can be woven into daily life routine.
Developing successful habits towards positive thinking, regular exercise, balanced diet, sleeping on time, cleaning up, good manners, mindfulness, managing time, being content, setting goals, spending wisely, planning your day are successful habits that one should practice.
Motivation is the fuel for anything successful; the same goes for developing successful habits! With so many good habit quotes to inspire, changing attitude, lifestyle, maintaining focus, and moving towards the goal seems even easier. It’s not only true for children but adults too. 10 good habits include waking up early, exercising, healthy eating, gratitude, managing money wisely, good study habits, respecting the environment, never give up, ask for what you want, read regularly and so many more.
If you're looking for healthy habit quotes, "the power of habit" quotes, "breaking the habit" quotes, good study habit quotes, work habit quotes, and more, we've got you covered.
Quotes About Starting Good Habits
Habits tell a good deal about us! Good habits play a big role in making people successful. Understanding how good habits help you become simpler with quotes to inspire them.
1. “I have learned that champions aren’t just born; champions can be made when they embrace and commit to life-changing positive habits.”
2. “Good habits are worth being fanatical about.”
3. “By developing and practicing good habits each day, you affirm that you do have control over the very core of your life in the midst of the chaos.”
4. "Self-doubt is the greatest enemy of any new good habit.”
- Victoria Moran.
5. “If you want to change your world, you need to start cultivating good habits.”
– Mina Tadros.
6. “Good habits, once established are just as hard to break as are bad habits.”
– Robert Puller.
7. “First we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.”
― Rob Gilbert.
8. "Make it a habit to tell people thank you….Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.”
- Ralph Marston .
9. “Good habits are the key to all success.”
- Og Mandino.
10. "Stop the habit of wishful thinking and start the habit of thoughtful wishes."
- Mary Martin.
11. "All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire."
Quotes About Breaking Bad Habits
People often use quotes to inspire themselves to break away from bad habits and to take up good ones. This list of quotes will show you why!
12. “Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.”
13. “The secret to permanently breaking any bad habit is to love something greater than the habit.”
― Bryant McGill.
14. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.’”
15. “The best way to stop a bad habit is to never begin it.”
16. “Everyone has habits. Some are good; others are not. Considering that we are all defined by our actions, it is important that we lose our bad habits. By doing that, our lives will be much better.”
17. “Bad habits are easier to abandon today than tomorrow.”
18. “Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.”
- Jules Renard.
19. “Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.”
20. “Not managing your time and making excuses are two bad habits. Don’t put them both together by claiming you ‘Don’t have the time’.”
- Bo Bennett.
21. "Positivity is like a muscle: keep exercising it, and it becomes a habit."
- Natalie Massenet.
22. "Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."
- Vince Lombardi.
Inspirational Quotes About Habits
There are plenty of quotes to inspire positive habits and deter negative habits. Here are some of the best quotes to inspire you to stay focused.
23. “Depending on what they are, our habits will either make us or break us. We become what we repeatedly do.”
24. “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”
— Abdul Kalam.
25. “Happiness is a habit. Cultivate it.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
26. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
–John C. Maxwell.
27. “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation.”
28. “We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.”
– John Dryden.
29. “It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them.”
― Benjamin Franklin.
30. “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
– Warren Buffet.
31. “Great habits sharpen our thoughts and make us great.”
– Debasish Mridha.
32. “Habit is a cable; we weave a thread each day, and at last we cannot break it.”
33. “In a nutshell, your health, wealth, happiness, fitness, and success depend on your habits.”
- Joanna Jast.
34. “Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.”
35. “The future depends on what we do in the present.”
– Mahatma Gandhi.
36. “There are two types of habits: ones which comfort us, and ones which would be a comfort if we stopped.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
37. “Habit is a second nature that destroys the first…I am very much afraid that nature itself is only a first habit, just as habit is a second nature."
- Blaise Pascal.
38. “Change might not be fast and it isn't always easy. But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.”
― Charles Duhigg.
39. “Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.”
― Mark Twain.
40. “Habits change into character.”
41. “It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man’s life is made up of nothing but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.”
– Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky.
42. “It is dangerous to mortgage your future to unhealthy or harmful habits. They will sabotage your future.”
– Dr T.P. Chia.
43. “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”
– Zig Ziglar.
Motivating Quotes to Inspire Successful Habits
Positive quotes to inspire developing good habits work well if you understand the deep meaning.
44. “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
45. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.”
– Brian Tracey.
46. “If you believe you can change - if you make it a habit - the change becomes real.”
― Charles Duhigg.
47. “Habits are safer than rules; you don’t have to watch them. And you don’t have to keep them either. They keep you.”
―Frank Hall Crane.
48. “The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.”
49. “To change bad habits, we must study the habits of successful role models.”
- Jack Canfield.
50. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
– Robert Cooler.
51. “If your habits don’t line up with your dream, then you need to either change your habits or change your dream.”
- John Maxwell.
52. “Successful people aren’t born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don’t like to do.”
―William Makepeace Thackeray.
53. “Habits are powerful but delicate. They can emerge outside our consciousness or can be deliberately designed...”
– Charles Duhigg.
54. "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
- Jim Rohn.
55. “And actually, it’s not repetition that creates habits. It’s emotions that creates habits.”
- Rangan Chatterjee.
56. “Creativity is a habit, and the best creativity is the result of good work habits.”
– Twyla Tharp.
57. "Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."
- Peter Ustinov.
58. "Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event."
59. “You are what you do repeatedly every day. If excellence is something you’re striving for, then it’s not an accident. It’s a habit.”
— Greg Plitt.
Short and Punchy Habit Quotes to Inspire Everyone
Here are some short quotes to inspire you in a few words.
60. “The truth is, you don’t break a bad habit; you replace it with a good one.”
— Denis Waitley.
61. “Your habits will determine your future.”
— Jack Canfield.
62. “A large part of virtue consists in good habits.”
– Barbara Paley.
63. “A nail is driven out by another nail; habit is overcome by habit.”
64. “We build our character from the bricks of habit we pile up day by day.”
— Zig Ziglar.
65. “Powerful indeed, is the empire of habit.”
– Publilius Syrus.
66. “Nothing is stronger than habit.”
67. “Your character is the harvest of your habits.”
68. “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.”
– Mike Murdock.
69. "All people are the same; only their habits differ."
70. “Commit to stop making excuses. When we make excuses, we lie to ourselves and continue bad habits.”
— Joyce Meyer.
71. “Success is hastened or delayed by one’s habits.”
— Paramahansa Yogananda.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for habit quotes about the tiniest ways to change your life for good, then why not take a look at be nice quotes or change the world quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.