Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Do you want to start living in the present?
Nothing lifts the pall from our gloomy spirits than positive words of encouragement that fill us with renewed hope and vigor to live life to the fullest. "The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it." Who knows what tomorrow may bring, right? Read on to discover the best living in the moment quotes so you don't waste any time.
“Forever is composed of nows". Today’s beautiful moments become tomorrow’s wonderful memories. The present is a gift, and one must use it to its fullest extent. No one knows what the future has in store for us. Therefore, nothing makes more sense than to realize that today is the first day of the rest of our lives and to live in the present.
"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience" as Eleanor Roosevelt said. So, we have created a great list of living in the moment quotes along with some fascinating enjoy life quotes, seize the day quotes, and quotes about living life. Philosophers, leaders, and authors have stressed the importance of enjoying the day and living in the moment. So here is a list of 51+ living in the moment quotes and not wasting any second of your lives.
Live In The Moment And Be Present Quotes
You can have lived your life only when you have genuinely enjoyed the present. What does it mean to live in the moment? Living in the present moment is crucial, and these quotes will answer just that. So live in the moment and be present, say goodbye to the worries that never would help you anyway. Here is a list of the best remember to live in the moment quotes.
1. “Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final.”
- Rainer Maria Rilke.
2. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
3. “You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is...now.”
- Jay Asher, ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’.
4. “Happiness, not in another place but this place...not for another hour, but this hour.”
- Walt Whitman.
5. “Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
- Groucho Marx, ‘The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx’.
6. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the now the primary focus of your life.”
- Eckhart Tolle, ‘The Power Of Now: A Guide To Spiritual Enlightenment’.
7. “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
- Maya Angelou.
8. “Enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.”
- Mandy Hale, ‘The Single Woman: Life, Love, And A Dash Of Sass’.
9. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
10. “The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.”
- Lauren Kate, ‘Fallen’.
11. “Live today. Not yesterday...Not tomorrow...Just today...Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.”
- Jerry Spinelli, 'Love, Stargirl'.
12. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time.”
- Betty Smith, ‘A Tree Grows In Brooklyn’.
13. “That’s life. It hurts, it’s dirty, and it feels very, very good.”
- Orson Scott Card, ‘Children Of The Mind’.
14. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
Fantastic Live In The Present Moment Quotes
For the preparation of the future, we must be present in the moment. It can help us enjoy life with newer and richer experiences. Life is to live in the moment. With our lives being so rushed today, who knows what it means to live in the moment? So be aware that each moment is precious. Read on to find some inspiration with the amazing live in the moment tattoo quotes along with living in the moment quotes Buddha and more
15. “Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever.”
- Horace Mann.
16. “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift”
- Oprah Winfrey.
17. “Why do they not teach you that time is a finger snap and an eye blink, and that you should not allow a moment to pass you by without taking joyous, ecstatic note of it, not wasting a single moment of its swift, breakneck circuit?”
- Pat Conroy.
18. “No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.”
- Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab.
19. “The present is a great treasure, live in the present.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
20. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it matter, as if it is your last.”
- Anthon St. Maarten.
21. “What day is it? asked Pooh. It s today, squeaked Piglet. My favorite day.”
- Winnie The Pooh.
22. “This day, this hour, this minute, will not come around again in our entire life.
Let us speak with love to everyone we meet and remind each other how beautiful we really are.”
- Mimi Novic, ‘Essence Of Being’.
23. “I live in the moment . . . If you do not expect anything from the future, then whatever winds may blow, they won’t be able to sway you off your path, will they?”
- Tamuna Tsertsvadze, ‘Galaxy Pirates’.
24. “Play, pause, rewind and forward,
Memories to cherish and live by.
Some memories to set free,
To say goodbye!”
- Somya Kedia.
25. “Cast aside any predictions or assumptions that you have about life - what you think is going to happen never does.”
- Stewart Stafford.
26. “We are always either remembering the past or looking forward to the future,
Yet the only real place we stand that is real, is on the bridge of the now.”
- Mimi Novic, ‘Essence Of Being’.
27. “I was afraid to be confident for a long time. I had to quit second guessing everything because I worried so much about being wrong or worse, offending anyone. It was never intentional, but I wasted far too much energy and time holding myself back.”
- Emilyann Allen.
28. “Somewhere between life’s hide and seek game,
we are being clueless of where to hide and what to seek.”
- Paul Sachudhanandam.
29. “Sometimes, abandon the moving crowd and try to be a care-free sage.
Rather than a roaring, or a drizzling black cloud, try to become a rainbow adding all hues to the end of the sky.”
- Misbah Khan, ‘Blanks & Blues’.
30. “Maybe,” Nina had yawned. Who cares? It was war. Day was night. Life was death. Sorrow was joy. Who cared about anything but the now?”
- Kate Quinn, ‘The Huntress’.
31. “So today, learn to live consciously. Listen to the rhythm of your heartbeat and how the air feels on your skin and watch life as it happens around you. Worries go away when you live in the now.”
- Nesta Jojoe Erskine, ‘Unforgettable: Living A Life That Matters’.
32. “Living consciously involves being genuine; it involves listening and responding to others honestly and openly; it involves being in the moment.”
- Sidney Poitier.
33. “Don't let the past steal your present.”
- Cherralea Morgen.
Best Live In The Moment Quotes
What is it called when you live in the moment? You may spend the rest of your life thinking about that answer. And the only way to know the solution is to live life in the present moment. Sometimes living in the moment means letting go of something that is holding you in the past. Continue reading for more best living in the moment quotes and quotes about living to the fullest.
34. “We can’t do anything to improve our past, but we can learn from it to improve our future.”
- Frank Sonnenberg, ‘Soul Food: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life’.
35. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.”
- Thomas S. Monson.
36. “Lift up your eyes from your books, from your past, from your hurts and look upon all people with love, because when you look into another’s eyes and see innocence, you find it in yourself.”
- Dragos Bratasanu.
37. “You stay in today, Joe,
’cause tomorrow’s a story that ain’t been written yet.
No use in rehearsing it.
No use at all.”
- Sarah Crossan, ‘Moonrise’.
38. “Everything is just for a while. Everything is just for its time. Everything is finite. Live and love with these precious moments in mind.”
- Rasheed Ogunlaru.
39. “Happiness is not a destination. Happiness is a decision.
Decide on the reality you want to live!”
- Wesam Fawzi.
40. “Worry about today, tomorrow will take care of itself.”
- Tapan Ghosh, ‘Faceless The Only Way Out’.
41. “Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.”
- Albert Einstein.
Live In The Moment Celebrity Quotes
These quotes let you remember to live in the moment. With the hectic lives that celebrities live, they must always look for moments for themselves to steal. No one can know about living in the moment more than people who are still on the go. Here is some celebrity living in the moment quotes.
42. “The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
43. “History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside.”
- John F. Kennedy.
44. “Nothing ever gets anywhere. The earth keeps turning round and gets nowhere. The moment is the only thing that counts.”
- Jean Cocteau.
45. “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh.
Live In The Moment Love Quotes
If relationships are based on selfies and checking messages all the time instead of talking to the person sitting in front of you, then the life of a romance would be short-lived. Some love quotes on living in the moment.
46. “There are more glorious days ahead, this should be your joy for today.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita, ‘Think Great: Be Great!’.
47. “You can take all the pictures you want, but you can never relive the moment the same way.”
- Audrey Regan.
48. “Don’t waste today by talking about yesterday until it’s finally tomorrow.”
- Tim Fargo.
49. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.”
- Abraham Maslow.
50. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”
- Mother Teresa.
51. “Time. Either you are for it or against it. So be here now. Not later.”
- Carew Papritz, ‘The Legacy Letters: His Wife, His Children, His Final Gift’.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for live in the moment quotes, then why not take a look at [let your light shine quotes], or leap of faith quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.