Recent searches (0)
FOR ALL AGES
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Oskar Schindler was a German industrialist, owner of enamelware and ammunitions factories, and also a member of the Nazi party who was a wartime hero, as he saved the life of 1200 Jewish people.
Oskar Schindler, although he was a member of the Nazi party, rescued and saved many Jews by employing them in his enamelware and ammunitions factories. Being a German industrialist during World War II, he spent most of his fortune by bribing the authorities and keeping Jewish people in Oskar Schindler’s factory as workers.
One of Oskar Schindler’s assistants drew up several versions of a list of up to 1200 Jewish prisoners that needed to be employed in the factory under the German industrialist, these lists came to be known collectively as “Schindler's List.” Later after World War II, Thomas Keneally published Schindler's Ark based on Oskar Schindler and Stephen Spielberg converted that into a major motion picture in 1993 known as ‘Schindler’s list’.
Here is the list of quotes from Oskar Schindler and also from the movie which are very touching, as well as full of empathy. You can learn so much about history and the history of the Holocaust from this movie, it is an emotional journey, so get the tissues ready and enjoy!
Owner of enamelware and ammunitions factory, the self-indulgent businesses man who became an unlikely hero did everything in his power to save Jewish people. Here's a list of some of the best quotes by Oskar Schindler.
Here, this list of Oskar Schindler quotes and Oskar Schindler interview quotes distinguish him from the rest of the Nazi party.
1. “Beyond this day, no thinking person could fail to see what would happen. I was now resolved to do everything in my power to defeat the system.”
2. “Power is when you have every justification to kill someone, and then you don't.”
3. “I had to help them. There was no choice.“
4. “I knew the people who worked for me. When you know people, you have to behave towards them like human beings.”
5. “I hated the brutality, the sadism, and the insanity of Nazism. I just couldn't stand by and see people destroyed. I did what I could, what I had to do, what my conscience told me I must do. That's all there is to it.”
6. “The persecution of Jews in occupied Poland meant that we could see horror emerging gradually in many ways.
7. “We must differentiate between guilt and duty The soldier on the front, like the common man, who does his duty everywhere, should not be held responsible for the actions of a few who also called themselves Germans.”
8. “I am the conscience of all those who knew something - but did nothing.”
9. “I thank my personal staff for their restless sacrifice for my work.”
10. “If you saw a dog going to be crushed under a car, wouldn’t you help him?”
Spielberg later converted the life of Oskar Schindler into a massively successful motion picture portraying Oskar Schindler as a member of the Nazi and a German industrialist, owner of enamelware and ammunitions and going against the German policy, saving the jews from the horrendous holocaust by employing them as his workers protecting them from the Nazi. Here are some of the curated quotes in the memory of the Jews who lost their lives in the Holocaust.
11. “My father was fond of saying you need three things in life – a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I’ve never had much use for.”
12. “I'm not saying you'll regret it, but you might, you should be aware of that.”
13. “I go to work the other day, nobody's there, nobody tells me about this, I have to find out, I have to go in, everybody's gone.”
14. “I could have got more. I could have got more, I don't know. If I just...I could have got more.”
15. “Stern, if this factory ever produces a shell that can actually be fired, I'll be very unhappy.”
16. “The list is an absolute good. The list is life.”
17. “He who saves one life saves the world entire.”
18. “I know the destination. These are the evacuation orders, I’m to help arrange the shipments, put myself on the last train.”
19. “Today is history, today will be remembered.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Oskar Schindler quotes then why not take a look at holy talmud quotes, or torah quotes.
Main image credit: Radu Bercan / Shutterstock.com
Article image credit: Godlikeart / Shutterstock.com
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.