Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Life is great, but death is not far away which calls for celebration of life at each and every moment.
Celebration of life events are another way to celebrate the life of your loved ones whom you have lost. But the celebration of life event is basically a ceremony rather different than a traditional funeral as it promotes the book of life of your loved ones that you have lost.
Celebration of life balances the grief and encourages pleasure of their remarkable deeds rather than grief and sorrow, and provides information about the lost ones to others. The ceremony is usually like a memorial organized and includes close family, friends, and other people that were influenced by the lost soul. All the people who have lost someone close, come together to cherish and refresh their memories to celebrate the life and memorials of the lost soul rather than encouraging grieving. Let’s take a look at some of the best poignant celebration of life quotes, words and sayings to help you overcome the grief, and celebrate the life of your loved ones. If you like this article, make sure to check out The End quotes and [Grieving quotes].
Best Celebration Of Life Quotes
Death is inevitable. But people must live their life to the fullest and should ensure that their lives are remembered for the good deeds done, and their life is celebrated by their loved ones. Let’s take a look at some of the best quotes for a funeral, given by different authors to encourage you to do the same.
1. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.”
- Ernest Hemingway
2. “...we must find ways to celebrate people's lives and contributions while they are still alive. We need far more celebrations of life . . . even before people know they are dying.”
- Tom Rath
3. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.”
- Maya Angelou
5. “Happiness requires that we celebrate the positive sides of life. Peace requires that we accept both the positive and the negative outcomes of life and move on.”
- Terry Mark
6. “There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- Albert Einstein
7. “They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. Death cannot kill what never dies.”
- William Penn
8. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It’s life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.”
- Steve Jobs
9. “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all.”
- Emily Dickinson
10. “Perhaps they are not stars but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones shines down to let us know they are happy.”
- Eskimo legend
11. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.”
- Helen Keller
12. "Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can. But life leaps over oblivion lightly, losing only a thing or two of no importance, and gloom is just a passing shadow of a cloud."
- Yann Martel
13. “What would life be worth if there were no death? Who would enjoy the sun if it never rained? Who would yearn for the day if there were no night?”
- Glenn Ringtved
14. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It’s what the sunflowers do.”
- Helen Keller
15. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- Dr. Suess
16. “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments but what is woven into the lives of others.”
17. "Life is meant to be a celebration! It shouldn't be necessary to set aside special times to remind us of this fact. Wise is the person who finds a reason to make every day a special one."
- Leo F. Buscaglia
Inspirational Quotes Celebrating The Good Life
Death of your loved ones could be painful, but remember they have served their purpose through remarkable actions and text in life, and they should be remembered for their works, and deeds. We are here with a collection of most inspirational rest in peace quotes and words of different people to help you with the pain and grief of losing your loved ones, and to celebrate their life. Some of these quotes are the best sayings in life that can help you appreciate the gift of life and its celebration rather than mourn for its loss.
18. “The grave is but a covered bridge, leading from light to light, through a brief darkness.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
19. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
- Oprah Winfrey
20. “Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.”
- Sir Arthur Wing Pinero
21. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”
22. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- Maya Angelou
23. “People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend."
- Jim Morrison
24. "What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
- Albert Pike
25. “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief.
But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared
with the pain of never risking love.”
- Hilary Stanton Zunin
26. “My Father didn’t tell me how to live;
and let me watch him do it.”
- Clarence Budington Kelland
27. “How can the dead be truly dead when they still live in the souls of those who are left behind?”
- Carson McCullers
28. “As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well used brings happy death.”
- Leonardo da Vinci
29. "Dying is nothing to fear. It can be the most wonderful experience of your life. It all depends on how you've lived."
- Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
30. “Celebrate Life. Care for others and share whatever you have with those less fortunate than you. Broaden your vision, for the whole world belongs to you.”
- Sri Ravi Shankar
31. “Why should we celebrate certain things at certain times? We don't need extra celebrations on anything, as every moment is already a great celebration moment to celebrate that we're just alive!”
- Mehmet Murat ildan
32. "The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and the other begins?"
- Edgar Allan Poe
33. “Death is not extinguishing the light. It is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.”
- Rabindranath Tagore
34. “Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.”
- John Muir
35. “On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.”
36. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'”
- Hunter S. Thompson
37. “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.”
- Jack Thorne
38. “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.’”
- Erma Bombeck
Celebration Of Life Quotes For Loved Ones
Everyone lives their life to the fullest and believes that their life would be celebrated by their loved loves even after they are not with them anymore. We are here with a collection of memorial quotes for your loved ones that you can say at their funeral. These quotes on death express love and loss at the same time.
39. "There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love."
- Washington Irving
40. “Perhaps passing through the gates of death is like passing quietly through the gate in a pasture fence. On the other side, you keep walking, without the need to look back. No shock, no drama, just the lifting of a plank or two in a simple wooden gate in a clearing. Neither pain, nor floods of light, nor great voices, but just the silent crossing of a meadow.”
- Mark Helprin
41. “Life will undertake to separate us, and we must each set off in search of our own path, our own destiny or our own way of facing death.”
- Paulo Coelho
42. “If you don’t know how to die, don’t worry; Nature will tell you what to do on the spot, fully and adequately. She will do this job perfectly for you; don’t bother your head about it.”
43. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
- Abraham Lincoln
44. "Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forget life, to be at peace."
- Oscar Wilde
45. “Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.”
46. “We might not be the ones to change the world. We might not belong to the few that 'put a ding in the universe.' We might not be something the whole world would celebrate. But...In the little corners that we live; in the lives that we’ve played a part in, we should be nothing but unforgettable.”
- Nesta Jojoe Erskine
47. “If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.”
- James O’barr
48. “While we are living in the present, we must celebrate life every day, knowing that we are becoming history with every work, every action, every deed.”
- Mattie Stepanek
49. “Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.”
- Rossiter Worthington Raymond
50. “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
- Mark Twain
51. “Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.”
- Alan Sachs
52. “When it’s time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived.”
- Henry David Thoreau
53. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”
- Chuck Palahniuk
54. "Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men."
- Quintus Ennius
55. “The best portion of a good man’s life is his little nameless unrememberd acts of kindness and of love.”
- Tintern Abbey
56. “No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.”
- Terry Pratchett
Beautiful Celebration Of Life Quotes
A person is present in everyone’s heart, even after their death, especially their loved ones. Let’s take a look at some of the most beautiful celebration of life quotes and poems to be said on this occasion that displays a perfect balance between the loss and love towards the lost soul on their funeral.
57. “Once you start celebrating the little victories in life, you will realize just how infinite they truly are.”
- Alicia Emamdee
58. "The service we render to others is really the rent we pay for our room on this earth. It is obvious that man is himself a traveler; that the purpose of this world is not 'to have and to hold' but 'to give and to serve."
- Sir Wilfred Grenfell
59. “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”
- Chuck Palahniuk
60. "Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile."
- Julie Burchill
61. “If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character… Would you slow down? Or speed up?”
- Chuck Palahniuk
62. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark to have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever.”
- Albus Dumbledore, 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Celebration Of Life Quotes And Sayings then why not take a look at [Shakespeare quotes about death], or [Funeral quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.