Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Earth contains five major wind zones, we will look at these four types of local winds.
These four types of winds go by the name of sea breezes, land breezes, mountain breezes, and valley breezes. In simpler terms, the types of wind are hot, cold, conventional, and slope.
A wind consists of the bulk air movement which either brings us a soothing experience that makes us want to use the wind sayings or leads to destructive outcomes that makes it easy for us to relate it with the quotes about storms. One of the best quotes about wind by Kahlil Gibran in his book 'The Prophet' is, "... for the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind."
If you liked the quote above do check a list of wind quotes below for you will truly love them. If you want to read more about the climate and seasons do check weather quotes and [sun quotes].
Inspirational Wind Quotes About Words And Nature
The wind blowing softly has a language of its own. When writers write something based on these feelings, their work becomes all the more effective. Check these wind quotes below to know what we mean.
1. "A wind has blown the rain away and blown, the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think I too have known autumn too long..."
- E.E.Cummings, 'A Wind Has Blown The Rain Away And Blown'.
2. "This wind is mystical yet tame, and it sings to me."
- Marianne Curley, 'Old Magic', 2012.
3. "The winds with wonder whist,
Smoothly the waters kist,
Whispering new joys to the mild Ocean..."
- John Milton, 'On The Morning Of Christ's Nativity', 1629.
4. "The wind is us- it gathers and remembers all our voices, then sends them talking and telling through the leaves and the fields."
- Truman Capote, 'The Glass Harp', 1951.
5. "Blow, blow, thou winter wind Thou art not so unkind, As man's ingratitude."
- William Shakespeare, 'As You Like It', 1564-1616.
Famous Wind Book Quotes
A book has so many words that can make the wind tags easy to associate with. Check this quote list focusing on the wind quotes from popular literary work that you'd never want to miss.
6. "October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces."
- J.K. Rowling, 'Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix', 2003.
7. "A cold wind was blowing out of the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things."
- R.R. Martin, 'Game Of Thrones: A Song Of Ice And Fire', 2017.
8. "And let the winds of the heavens dance between you."
- Kahlil Gibran, 'The Prophet', 1923.
9. "It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."
- Charles Dickens, 'Great Expectations', 1861.
10. "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in a storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman."
- Patrick Rothfuss, 'The Wise Man's Fear', 2011.
11. "For if it's ka, it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than my da's barn stood before the cyclone when it came."
- Stephen King, 'The Dark Tower', 2003.
Relatable Quotes About Wind And Soul
Being able to relate to something is a factor that can be linked with every element in nature. Here are a few wind quotes that you may want to share with your friends from a book or an essay by well-known writers.
12. "Certainly on the vast windy plain, there was plenty of nothing to be looked at."
- Larry McMurtry, 'The Last Kind Words Saloon', 2015.
13. "... the winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
- Edward Gibbon, 'The History Of The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire', 1806.
14. "Adversity is like a strong wind. I don't mean just that it holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are."
- Arthur Golden, 'Memoirs Of Geisha', 2008.
15. "The cool wind blew in my face and all at once I felt as if I had shed dullness from myself."
- Burl Ives, 'Wayfaring Stranger', 2017.
16. "The winds that never moderation knew, Afraid to blow too much, too faintly blew..."
- John Dryden, 'Astraea Redux', 1631-1700.
17. "What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?"
- E. M. Forster, 'Howards End', 1910.
18. "I hear the howl of the wind that brings, the long dreary storm on its heavy wings."
- William C. Bryant, 'Rizpah', 1794-1878.
19. "The substance of the winds is too thin for human eyes, their written language is too difficult for human minds, and their spoken language mostly too faint for the ears."
- John Muir, 'The Wilderness Essays', 2019.
20. "The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun."
- Danielle Wright, 'Sleepy Magic', 2015.
21. "Thou art more lovely and more temperate, Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May."
- William Shakespeare, 'Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?' Sonnet 18, 1564-1616.
22. "Wild Spirit, which art moving everywhere;
Destroyer and preserver; hear, oh hear!"
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, 'Ode To The West Wind', 1820.
Wind Quotes By Authors That Will Make You Feel Motivated
If a writer can find the mind to write a book that has strong allusions to the wind, he/she can surely make a great way in to give a quote or two about their rather windy experience while growing to motivate us. These wind quotes by authors will exactly do that job.
23. "They who plow the sea do not carry the winds in their hands."
- Publilius Syrus, 'The Moral Sayings Of Publilius Syrus: A Roman Slave', 1856.
24. "Worldly fame is but a breath of wind that blows now this way and now that, and changes name as it changes direction."
- Dante Alighieri.
25. "The winds of God's grace are always blowing, it is for us to raise our sails."
- Sri Ramakrishna.
26. "The wind shows us how close to the edge we are."
- Joan Didion, 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem', 1968.
27. "The human heart is like a ship on a stormy sea driven about by winds blowing from all four corners of heaven."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
28. "A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind."
- Lewis Mumford.
29. "You get the stronger the wind gets - and it's always in your face."
- Pablo Picasso.
30. "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees."
- Kahlil Gibran.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Wind Quotes then why not check out [cloud quotes], or [storm quotes].