Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Raksha Bandhan is an Indian festival of the love between brothers and sisters.
It is known as 'Rakhi'. The ceremony is celebrated across India, in July or August.
Rakhi has been celebrated by brothers and sisters for long, but after the partition of India, Rabindranath Tagore tried to unite everyone with this festival, by tying the auspicious charm on everyone's hand. Since then, it has been celebrated among other people too, besides siblings. Read these happy Raksha Bandhan wishes to know more.
Below are some brother and sister quotes and short quotes for Raksha Bandhan that say happy Raksha Bandhan in style.
1. "Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends..."
- Suzie Huitt.
2. "Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can."
- Gregory E. Lang.
3. "Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk."
- Susan Scarf Merrell.
4. "Our siblings are the only people in the world who know what it's like to have been brought up the way you were."
- Betsy Cohen.
5. "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero."
- Marc Brown.
6. "Be nice to your siblings, they're your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future."
- Baz Lurhmann.
7. "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."
- Isadora James.
8. "Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together."
- Sam Levenson.
9. "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."
- Amy Li.
10. "They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood."
- Karen White.
11. "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet."
- Vietnamese Proverb.
12. "My siblings are my best friends."
- America Ferrera.
Raksha Bandhan Quotes For Sister
Here are Raksha Bandhan wishes from greeting cards. They're great quotes to wish your brother on Raksha Bandhan or wish your sister Rakhi. If you know the source please let us know!
13. "Happy Raksha Bandhan sister and one thing I never told you is that- I may search the world over, but there could not be a better sister than you."
14. "On this auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I just want to tell you that you are my world and being your sister is an honor for me."
15. "Life is beautiful because of you my darling sister. I feel proud to have a sister like you. Be the same strong minded girl always!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
16. "You are the luckiest boy because you have a sister like me. Happy Raksha Bandhan bro!"
17. "I miss those times when you did my homework, the times you stand by me when I need someone to cry on, Thank You So Much, sis! Happy Rakhi to you."
18. "The best part about having a sister like you is that you always have someone to pass on the blame to. Jokes aside, I love you sis… you’re the best."
19. "One thing I never forget to pray to God is - to protect my sweet sister from all the evil and fill her life with happiness. Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
20. "May god bless my angelic sister with loads of happiness, health and success. Happy Raksha Bandhan."
21. "Dear sister, I promise to always protect you and have your back no matter what. Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
22. "On this auspicious occasion of Rakhi, I wish our special bond grows with every moment. Happy Raksha Bandhan to You My Dearest Sister."
23. "You make this life beautiful for me. I promise to protect you from every evil eye and will support you in every decision you make. I love you, my beautiful sister. Have the best day today and always!"
Raksha Bandhan Quotes For Brother
Here are happy Raksha Bandhan wishes from cards to wish your brother on Raksha Bandhan.
24. "Sending my best wishes and lots of love to you, dear brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
25. "We might be poles apart, but I respect and love you. Sending my love and best wishes on Rakhi today. Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
26. "You are the best gift that I received from my parents. Love you so much brother! Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
27. "I feel very blessed to have such a caring and loving brother like you. Happy Raksha Bandhan."
28. "This Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God that, may our bond of love continue to grow stronger with each passing year."
29. "I have the loveliest and sweetest brother in this world. Thanks for being the best one!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!"
30. "Happy Raksha Bandhan to my lovely brother, my guardian, and the only person who knows me inside-out. Thanks for always being there."
Raksha Bandhan Festival Quotes From Books
These are Rakhi quotes from various books.
31. "Janai Purnima or Raksha Bandhan or Rishitarpani (The Sacred Thread Festival) This festival falls on the full-moon day of Shrawan, and is celebrated by both the Hindus and Buddhists."
- Trilok Chandra Majupuria, S. P. Gupta, 'Nepal, The Land Of Festivals: Religious, Cultural, Social, And Historical Festivals'.
32. "Rakshabandhan... is another All-India related festival."
- Øyvind Jaer, 'Karchana'.
33. "The same symbolic protection is also requested from the high caste men by the low caste women in a work relationship situation. The ritual thread is offered, though not tied and higher caste men customarily give some money in return."
- Prem Chowdhry, 'The Veiled Women'.
34. "Raksha Bandhan as celebrated in North India has won the affection of many South Indian families. For this festival has the peculiar charm of renewing sibling bonds."
- Renuka N. Khandekar, 'Faith: Filling The God-Sized Hole'.
35. "Raksha Bandhan traditionally celebrated in North India has acquired greater importance due to Hindi films."
- Vaijayanti Pandit, 'Business @ Home'.
36. "In modern rakhi, technologically mediated and performed with manufactured charms, migrating men are the medium by which the village women interact, vertically, with the cosmopolitan center."
- Leo Coleman, 'A Moral Technology: Electrification As Political Ritual In New Delhi'.
37. "In August comes Raksha Bandhan, the festival celebrating the bonds between brothers and sisters."
- Linda Hess, 'Bodies Of Song: Kabir Oral Traditions And Performative Worlds In North India'.
38. "The heavy emphasis placed on the continuing nature of brother-sister relations… That relation is celebrated and epitomised in the annual ceremony of Rakśābandhan..."
- Jack Goody, 'The Oriental, The Ancient And The Primitive'.
39. "In North India, ...sisters tie an amulet round the right wrists of brothers wishing them long life and prosperity. "
- K. Gnanambal, 'Festivals Of India'.
40. "On this date Brahmins go from house to house tying string bracelets (rakrī) on the wrists of household members... It has no connotation of brother-sister devotion … It is readily identified with Raksha Bandhan."
- Gerald Duane Berreman, 'Hindus Of The Himalayas'.
Raksha Bandhan Special Quotes From Indian Personalities
Lastly, we have some Rakhi wishes, 'brothers and sister love quotes for brother', and 'sister, happy Raksha Bandhan' wishes from Indian celebrities. These are perfect for wishing happy Rakhi.
41. "Happy Raksha Bandhan!! My sisters... my world!!!..."
- Sonu Sood, 29 August 2015.
42. "Happy #Rakshabandhan to all u beautiful brothers n sisters. Especially to my big bro ... Thanks for always being by my side! Love."
- Neha Dhupia, 10 August 2014.
43. "Bonds not by birth but by the heart!!! My sweet brother, who is forever there no matter what !"
- Gauhar Khan, 15 August 2019.
44. "May the sacred threads of rakhi strengthen your family bonds."
- Manoj Bajpayee, 29 August 2015.
45. "Rushing home 2 my brother Baba. Raksha Bandhan is a festival I am most sentimental about.it just touches a v deep emotional chord in me."
- Shabana Azmi, 10 August 2014.
46. "Happy Rakhi to my baby brother Missing you today- touching my, giving me, feeding me and hugging me. I promise to bully you, extort you, greedily eat all your food and force love and cuddles out of you forever."
- Sara Ali Khan, 15 August 2019.
47. "Women don't need 'Raksha'. They need respect, equality & freedom to make their own choices. Happy Raksha-Bandhan, all. Eat lotsa mithai!"
- Vishal Dadlani, 29 August 2015.
48. "Happy Raksha Bandhan to all!!"
- Farah Khan, 10 August 2014.
49. "This is a bond of Love, A bond of Togetherness, It’s a thread that binds, Our life and our hearts."
- Rohan Mehra, 15 August 2019.
50. "Blessed to tie Rakhi every year to my 2 precious brothers. Happy Raksha Bandhan bros."
- Shraddha Kapoor, 29 August 2015.
51. "To my precious gift- my lil bro- Happy Rakhsha Bandhan.. So proud ur my brother."
- Genelia Deshmukh, 10 August 2014.
52. "Who says protection is male and only one sided? Flexing my big sis muscles this Raksha Bandhan!"
- Kajol, 15 August 2019.
53. "Siblings r best friends that u can totally take 4 granted!Cause they will always love u.Happy Rakhi 2all. Take a moment.Celebrate ur sibling."
- Priyanka Chopra, 29 August 2015.
54. "Happy Rakhi to all! Blessed with a great bro! Soham! Love ya!"
- Bipasha Basu, 10 August 2014.
55. "Rakshabandhan. The bond that protects and strengthens sibling love for life."
- Ajay Devgn, 15 August 2019.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for happy Raksha Bandhan quotes then why not take a look at Sai Baba quotes, or Sanskrit quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.