Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Recognition is the process of getting acknowledged or accepted based on previous encounters or from memory or common knowledge.
As one goes through the many life stages, one would want to be appreciated for the work one has done. Recognition is that very action that makes one feel good and validated.
In a world that runs at breakneck speeds, people often forget to compliment their friends, family, coworkers, juniors, and peers for the efforts they have been putting in. It just takes a minute to make someone happy by genuinely appreciating the person. If you compliment someone or let them know that they have been working hard, it makes their day.
This behavior is mostly seen in businesses where there are so many employees that it is tough to keep a count. The thing is, it gets important in such areas to always keep the team motivated. Word of mouth or compliments can easily do this. This would mean putting into words heartfelt appreciation and gratitude for what an employee has done and achieved into a recognition card. Meaningful recognition is simply heartfelt recognition expressed either verbally or visually.
Below, we have collected recognition where recognition is due quotes, including quotes about doing good deeds without recognition, rewards and recognition quotes, essential worker quotes, employee anniversary recognition quotes, and so much more from many renowned personalities. The appreciation given by a company's office management for matters resolved can make any employee happy and recognized. If the employee feels happy, the employee engagement increases, they inspire customers and bring more in.
Self Recognition Quotes
Recognition of your own self is one of the most important things that everyone needs to learn nowadays. When you are working hard, often you might feel less worthy of compliments as you might be hard on yourself. In such a situation, the savior is actually your own mind. If you recognize your efforts, you are less likely to feel anxious or stressed. In this section, you will find leadership recognition quotes, performance quotes, recognition quotes for a job well done, and more.
1. "The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."
- William James.
2. "The craving for recognition is every artist's Achilles heel."
- Marty Rubin.
3. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do."
- Steve Jobs.
4. "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."
- G. K. Chesterton.
5. "Fame is the last infirmity of the human mind."
6. "Brains, like hearts, go where they are appreciated."
- Robert McNamara.
7. "I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
8. "Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."
- Oprah Winfrey.
9. "Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
- Northrup Christiane.
10. "Television is the quickest form of recognition in the world."
- Lucille Ball.
11. "Avoid popularity; it has many snares, and no real benefit."
- William Penn.
12. "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus."
- Bruce Lee.
13. "There is nothing I need so much as nourishment for my Self Esteem."
- Alfred Lunt.
14. "Recognition is not a scarce resource. You can't use it up or run out of it."
- Susan M. Heathfield.
Recognition Quotes For Work
Here you will find employee recognition quotes, quotes on awards and recognition, manager recognition quotes, recognition quotes for plaques, recognition quotes for coworkers, volunteer recognition quotes, work recognition quotes, and more.
15. "Never push loyal people to the point where they don’t give a damn."
- Peter F. Drucker.
16. "Paychecks can’t buy passion."
- Brad Federman.
17. "Recognition of function always precedes recognition of being."
- Rita Mae Brown.
18. "Highly engaged employees make the customer experience. Disengaged employees break it."
- Timothy R. Clark.
19. "Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary."
- Margaret Cousins.
20. "The only thing that happens overnight is recognition. Not talent."
- Carol Haney.
21. "Dream more than others think practical…Expect more than others think possible."
- Howard Schultz.
22. "Mary Kay knew that when you put people first and then surround them with processes and disciplines that recognize their efforts, performance will soar."
- David C. Novak.
23. "Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands."
- Zig Ziglar.
24. "Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far."
25. "If you don’t create a great, rewarding place for people to work, they won’t do great work."
- Ari Weinzweig.
26. "Treat your employees like an investment, not a cost."
- Dan Sullivan.
27. "Praise does wonders for our sense of hearing."
- Arnold H. Glasow.
28. "Work is not man's punishment. It is his reward and his strength and his pleasure."
- George Sand.
29. "It's more than who you recognize. It's how you recognize. It's when. It's why."
- O. C. Tanner Company.
30. "You’ve got to get your team to not only understand your company brand, but also to understand their personal brand."
- Amber Hurdle.
Employee Recognition Quotes
This section is all about performance recognition quotes, praise quotes, thanks for recognition quotes, an employee of the month recognition quotes, peer recognition quotes, and more.
31. "You don’t tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they’ll surprise you with their results."
- General George Patton.
32. "You can’t sell it outside if you can’t sell it inside."
- Stand Slap.
33. "The honors and rewards fall to those who show their good qualities in action."
34. "Recognition is the greatest motivator."
- Gerard C. Eakedale.
35. "Good things happen to those who hustle."
- Anaïs Nin.
36. "The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don't feel valued, neither will your customers."
- Sybil F. Stershic.
37. "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
38. "It’s very inexpensive to give a compliment."
- Joyce Meyer.
39. "Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of the employees, they’ll take care of the clients."
- Sir Richard Branson.
40. "When someone comes along who genuinely thanks us, we will follow that person a very long way."
- Alan Loy McGinnis.
41. "To have the recognition of your colleagues is great. The public attention is a mixed blessing."
- Joshua Lederberg.
42. "Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune."
- Sam Walton.
43. "It is a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation."
- Roberto Benigni.
44. "Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out."
- Theodore Roosevelt.
45. "You need the right people with you. Not the best people."
- Jack Ma.
46. "Men want recognition of their work, to help them to believe in themselves."
- Dorothy Miller Richardson.
Employee Appreciation Quotes
Here you will find company thanks you quotes for employees, employee recognition quotes and sayings, team recognition quotes, and much more. You can even use some of these in a recognition card!
47. "Treat your employee right so they won’t use your Internet to look for new jobs."
- Mark Zuckerberg.
48. "Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don't keep it a secret."
- Mary Kay Ash.
49. "Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs."
- Malcolm Forbes.
50. "A pat on the back is only a few vertebrae removed from a kick in the pants, but is miles ahead in results."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
51. "Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers."
- Stephen R. Covey.
52. "People want to know they matter and they want to be treated as people. That’s the new talent contract."
- Pamela Stroko.
53. "Work hard, have fun, make history."
- Jeff Bezos.
54. "I always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job. Because he’ll find an easier way to do it."
- Bill Gates.
55. "People work for money but the extra mile for recognition, praise and rewards."
- Dale Carnegie.
56. "Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard."
- Tim Notke.
57. "Take time to appreciate employees and they will reciprocate in a thousand ways."
- Dr. Bob Nelson.
58. "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George Patton.
59. "If you talk about change but don't change the reward and recognition system, nothing changes."
- Paul Allaire.
Motivational Quote For The Workplace
This section includes quotes about service, work-related quote, service recognition quotes, and more. These are perfect for helping you to give meaningful recognition.
60. "Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan.
61. "To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace."
- Douglas Conant.
62. "Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there."
- Bo Jackson.
63. "Don't work for recognition, but do work worthy of recognition."
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr..
64. "Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him."
- Wayne W. Dyer.
65. "Correction does much, but encouragement does more."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
66. "Applause waits on success."
- Benjamin Franklin.
67. "Motivating employees to work at their full potential is the main premise of successful management."
- Eraldo Banovac.
68. "Talent is never enough. With few exceptions the best players are the hardest workers."
- Magic Johnson.
69. "Employee engagement is an investment we make for the privilege of staying in business."
- Ian Hutchinson.
70. "Nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without deep thought and hard work."
- JRD Tata.
71. "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
- Zig Ziglar.
72. "Success isn’t given, it is earned. On the track, on the field, in the gym. With blood, sweat, and the occasional tear."
73. "Recognition is the most inexpensive, easy-to-use motivational technique available to management."
- Jim Clemmer.
74. "This is the only country in the world where today’s employee is tomorrow’s employer."
- Marco Rubio.
75. "Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
- Ken Blanchard.
76. "Great success requires greater sacrifice."
- Sachin Prabhu.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for recognition quotes, then why not take a look at positive energy quotes, or thank you mom quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.