Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Resurrection means coming back to life again after you've died.
Even though it seems magical, there have been cases of resurrection. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the most famous incidents to be known.
Resurrection only symbolizes one thing: hope. When a person dies, all is gone. But if they rise from the dead, they resurrect, which means that there is hope alive. They say that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and days later, he rose from the dead to the shock and awe of all people.
There are so many sayings from Billy Graham, Clarence W. Hall, and others that say that easter says he is risen, and it is the time to put truth in front and keep a lie aside. Hope is alive, and those who know the resurrection know this. Jesus Christ, like his teaching, came back to help us all.
Resurrection Quotes And Sayings
Below, we have collected resurrection quotes about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
1. "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in the books alone, but in every leaf in springtime."
- Martin Luther.
2. "The entire plan for the future has its key in the resurrection."
- Bill Graham.
3. "The Gospel is the Gospel of the Risen Christ. There would be no Gospel for sinners if Christ had not been raised."
- H.A. Ironside.
4. "The message of Easter is that God's new world has been unveiled in Jesus Christ and that you're now invited to belong to it."
- N. T. Wright.
5. "Salvation is the root–the resurrection is the fruit."
- T.D. Jakes.
6. "The symbolic language of the crucifixion is the death of the old paradigm; resurrection is a leap into a whole new way of thinking."
- Deepak Chopra.
7. "God is love and he has defeated evil."
- Pope Francis.
8. "A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me."
- Andrew Murray.
9. "Reading the epitaphs, our only salvation lies in resurrecting the dead and burying the living."
- Paul Eldridge.
10. "Resurrection means that the worst thing is never the last thing."
- Frederick Buechner.
11. "The devil, darkness, and death may swagger and boast, the pangs of life will sting for a while longer, but don’t worry; the forces of evil are breathing their last. Not to worry…He’s risen!"
- Charles R. Swindoll.
12. "Death is the prerequisite to resurrection, the new life God intends."
- John Ortberg.
13. "Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sing, ye heavens and Earth reply."
- Charles Wesley.
Resurrection Easter Quotes
This section involves CS Lewis resurrection quotes and resurrection Sunday quotes.
14. "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song."
- Pope John Paul II.
15. "The spring is a lively emblem of the Resurrection."
- Anne Bradstreet.
16. "The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise."
- Carl Knudsen.
17. "The great gift of Easter is hope - Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake."
- Basil Hume.
18. "Let us consider this settled, that no one has made progress in the school of Christ who does not joyfully await the day of death and final resurrection."
- John Calvin.
19. "People come together with their families to celebrate Easter. What better way to celebrate than to spend a few hours going on the journey of Christ's life."
- Roma Downey.
20. "The message of Easter is not that Jesus is alive, it is so much more. The message of Easter is that Jesus has risen!"
- Colin Smith.
21. "To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
- Bernhard Langer.
22. "Live in the awareness that Christ lives and that He lives in His people."
- Julien B. Well.
23. "If the Resurrection is resurrection from the dead, all hope and freedom are in spite of death."
- Paul Ricoeur.
24. "Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless."
- Charles M. Crowe.
Christian Quotes On The Resurrection
Here, you will find Max Lucado quotes on the resurrection, resurrection biblical quotes, and Jesus resurrection quotes.
25. "Want to know the coolest thing about the One who gave up the crown of heaven for a crown of thorns? He did it for you. Just for you!"
- Max Lucado.
26. "As preachers of the gospel of Jesus, do not expect worldly honors: these Jesus Christ neither took to himself, nor gave to his disciples."
- Adam Clarke.
27. "Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life."
- Janine di Giovanni.
28. "Because of the empty tomb, we have peace. Because of His resurrection, we can have peace during even the most troubling of times because we know He is in control of all that happens in the world."
- Paul Chappell.
29. "Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection."
- Watchman Nee.
30. "Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.
31. "The reappearance of the light is the same as the survival of the soul."
- Victor Hugo.
32. "The cross is a one time visual representation of God’s grief over sin."
- Dean L. Harvey.
33. "I believe that his death and resurrection transformed humanity's relationship with God."
- Timothy Radcliffe.
Funny Resurrection Quotes
The quotes below are resurrection quotes that are funny.
34. "The tomb of Christ is famous because of what it does not contain."
- Sam Morris.
35. "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."
- Oscar Wilde.
36. "We live and die; Christ died and lived!"
- John Stott.
37. "Nothing is more cheerful than talking about our friends' shortcomings."
- Mason Cooley.
Happy Resurrection Day Quotes
This section is all about Ressurection quotes of Jesus Christ who rose from the dead.
38. "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last."
- Job 19:25.
39. "Luke associates John with Peter in Acts, when, after the Resurrection, that strange boldness had come upon the disciples."
- Alfred Noyes.
40. "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."
- Pablo Neruda.
41. "Jesus's resurrection is the beginning of God's new project."
- N. T. Wright.
42. "Women are the first witnesses to the resurrection and pillars of the early church."
- John Ortberg.
43. "It was inevitable that Jesus Christ should be crucified. It was also inevitable that He should rise again."
- H.R.L. Sheppard.
44. "I think one thing that's amazing about 'Resurrection' is that we weren't afraid to lay it all out there lyrically."
- Chad Gilbert.
45. "Imagination has always had powers of resurrection that no science can match."
- Ingrid Bengis.
46. "After death something new begins, over which all powers of the world of death have no more might."
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
47. "Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail."
- Martin Luther.
48. "Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed."
- John 20:29.
49. "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
– Jesus Christ.
50. "There is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ."
- Brooke Foss Wescott.
51. "The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances."
- Robert Flatt.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for resurrection quotes, then why not take a look at renewal quotes or [redemption quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.