Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Kids love laughing at silly things.
Thinking back on the things that we used to find the most funny in our childhood were the lamest of things. One stupid quote can make a kid laugh all day long.
There is nothing more precious to us than our kid's smile. The smile on their face after hearing something extremely stupid is absolutely priceless and something that we would want to experience every day. It is a child's innocence that makes them laugh at funny and stupid sayings. Our kids keep doing silly things all day long. When they read some silly quotes, they will be able to relate. Below are some silly quotes and sayings that will not only be enjoyed by kids but will give us a good laugh too. Read these super funny and relatable silly quotes and sayings that will put a smile on everybody's face.
Also, check out snarky quotes and [mind blowing quotes].
Best Silly Quotes
People like silly quotes because silly quotes and sayings are something that can be easily laughed at. People already have hard lives, they do not need hard quotes. Here are the best silly quotes and sayings that will make your day. Give them a read.
1. “'Have fun' is my message. Be silly. You're allowed to be silly. There's nothing wrong with it.”
- Jimmy Fallon.
2. “No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately.”
- Michel de Montaigne.
3. "Oh, Wikipedia, with your tension between those who would share knowledge and those who would destroy it."
- John Green.
4. "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."
- Jim Rohn.
5. “There are only a few things that are more entertaining than watching a cat trying to run across a freshly waxed wood floor after a ball.”
- David C Holley.
6. “Most of us would be upset if we were accused of being 'silly.' But the word 'silly' comes from the old English word 'selig,' and its literal definition is 'to be blessed, happy, healthy and prosperous.'”
- Zig Ziglar.
7. "The only person I lie to is my little sister, when I steal her clothes."
- Kendall Jenner.
8. “Everyone has a bad hair day; the trick is not to have one on picture day.”
‒ Mark R. Woodward.
9. "You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there."
- George Burns.
10. “You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.”
11. “Five out of four people have trouble with fractions.”
- Steven Wright.
12. “That's why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.”
- George Carlin.
13. “You should eat a waffle! You can't be sad if you eat a waffle!”
- Lauren Myracle.
14. “Every single person is a fool, insane, a failure, or a bad person to at least ten people.”
- Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
15. "If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes."
16. "You could write a book about things that you can't find on-line."
- Maggie Stiefvater.
17. “Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.”
- Robert Benchley.
18. “Creative people must entertain lots of silly ideas in order to receive the occasional strokes of genius.”
- Marshall Cook.
19. “The mathematician has reached the highest rung on the ladder of human thought.”
- Havelock Ellis.
20. “Never miss a good chance to shut up.”
- Will Rogers.
21. “Hooray! Hooray! The end of the world has been postponed! ”
22. “You can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page.”
‒ Jodi Picoult.
23. “I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap.”
- Bob Hope.
24. “Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else.”
- Will Rogers.
Popular Silly Quotes
Next, we have some popular silly quotes and sayings by some popular people. Every quote you will face in this list is relatable and silly. We often say that silly quotes are supposed to make your day. These silly quotes will make your every day a happy day. Give these super hilarious popular silly quotes a read.
25. “If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.”
- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
26. “Is taco yoga a thing yet? Someone get on that.”
- Chisty Lowe.
27. “If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
28. “My bed is sending out serious nap rays. I can't help myself. The fluffy pillows and warm comforter are more powerful than I am. I have no choice but to snuggle under the covers.”
- Laurie Halse Anderson.
29. "People who have so much of their personality invested in the Internet can't really survive as whole individuals without it."
- Mark A. Rayner.
30. “Mathematics consists of proving the most obvious thing in the least obvious way.”
- George Polye.
31. “Don't forget things that were painful or embarrassing or silly. Turn them into a story that tells the truth.”
- Paula Danziger.
32. “Once I pulled a job, I was so stupid. I picked a guy's pocket on an airplane and made a run for it.”
- Rodney Dangerfield.
33. “Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks.”
- Holly Black.
34. "For once in your life, listen to your younger sister. She's taller, and she knows better than you."
- Stephanie Perkins.
35. “Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.”
36. "Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if it weren't so exciting."
- Bill Gates.
37. “Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.”
- Phyllis Diller.
38. “People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don't know, I'm never there.”
‒ Dolly Parton.
39. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’”
- A.A. Milne.
40. "Pyjamas over People."
- Christopher Hudspeth.
41. “I don't hate you... I just don't like that you exist”
- Gena Showalter.
42. “Don't be so humble - you are not that great.”
- Golda Meir.
43. “Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death.”
‒ Steven Morrissey.
44. “Oh, Gilbert, don't let's ever grow too old and wise... no, not too old and silly for fairyland.”
- L.M. Montgomery.
45. “I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don’t have to.”
- Albert Einstein.
46. "Men scream and go crazy in the gym. I'm a silent workout partner, but when my adrenaline gets up, I talk trash."
Silly Best Friends Quotes
We all have that one friend with who we can be silly. These friends say silly things at least ten times every day and we cannot even say that we do not enjoy that. Here are some silly quotes for you to read and share with that one friend who does silly things all day long.
47. “We weren't really friends yet, just knowers of each other's secret stuff.”
- M. Beth Bloom.
48. “Most of us don't need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with.”
- Robert Breault.
49. "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
- Linda Grayson.
50. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.”
- Laurence J. Peter.
51. “It is the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected.”
- Charles Lamb.
52. “My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem. But they don't really know me.”
- Garry Shandling
53. “There are a good many fools who call me a friend, and also a good many friends who call me a fool.”
- Gilbert K. Chesterton.
54. “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun.'”
- Groucho Marx.
55. "If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater."
- Pam Brown.
56. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”
- Bernard Meltzer.
57. “It takes a long time to grow an old friend.”
- John Leonard.
58. “The best time to make friends is before you need them.”
- Ethel Barrymore.
59. “Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside.”
- Robert Bloch.
60. “I have lost friends, some by death...others by sheer inability to cross the street.”
- Virginia Woolf.
Short Silly Quotes
Every silly quote is unique and every silly quote has its own relevance. This next list of silly quotes is super easy to laugh at and relate to whenever we are having a bad day. These silly quotes can also turn a good day into a better day - no one can say no to silly quotes! Check out these good silly quotes and laugh thinking about them all day long.
61. “Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.”
- Oscar Wilde.
62. “The ‘silly’ question is the first intimation of some totally new development.”
― Alfred Whitehead.
63. "Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes."
- Mickey Mouse.
64. "At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment."
- Benjamin Franklin.
65. “When you're young, you're stupid. You do silly things.”
- Ozzy Osbourne.
66. "Fitness: If it came in a bottle, everyone would have a great body."
67. “I'm not napping this is savasana.”
- Berndt Vogel.
68. “Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.”
‒ Gene Fowler.
69. "Sometimes if you have a difficult decision to make, just stall until the answer presents itself."
- Tina Fey.
70. "Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant."
- Mitch Kapor.
71. “If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?”
- Steven Wright.
72. “Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.”
- Yogi Berra.
73. “With silly stuff, it's seventy-five percent confidence.”
- Tim Vine.
74. "More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good."
- Linda Sunshine.
75. "I think it's interesting that 'cologne' rhymes with 'alone.'"
- Demetri Martin.
76. “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.”
- Cathy Guiswite.
77. "Stories may well be lies, but they are good lies that say true things, and which can sometimes pay the rent."
‒ Neil Gaiman.
78. “If you want to know the correct way to perform an exercise, the answer is: Whatever hurts most."
- Jason Love.
Silly Love Quotes
We will not be able to survive a single day without love and we will not be able to survive a single day without silly things. These silly girls quotes, silly boys quotes, and silly romantic quotes will make us laugh all day long.
79. “There is something beautiful about watching two people lovingly act silly together; behaving as though no one else existed.”
- Steve Maraboli.
80. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.”
– Joan Crawford.
81. "Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are."
- Will Ferrell.
82. “Otis always told me love is a leap. Lamentably, I was never inspired to jump.”
- Leoplod, ‘Kate and Leopold’.
83. “I say if you love something, set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies.”
- Mindy Kaling
84. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.”
– Albert Einstein
85. “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.”
- Albert Einstein.
86. "Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing."
- Natasha Leggero.
87. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
– Charles M. Schulz.
88. “The brain is the most outstanding organ. It works 24/7, 365 from birth until you fall in love.”
- Sophie Monroe.
89. "By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
90. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.”
– Erma Bombeck.
91. “Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.”
92. "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
- Rita Rudner.
93. “If you’re not willing to sound stupid, you’re not worthy of falling in love.”
- Emily Friehl, ‘A Lot Like Love’.
94. “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?”
- Lily Tomlin.
95. "Love is a lot like a backache: it doesn't show up on X-rays, but you know it's there."
- George Burns.
96. “Give me golf clubs, fresh air, and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.”
– Jack Benny.
97. “Marriage is a romance in which the heroine dies in the first chapter.”
- Cecilia Egan.
98. “When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.”
– Mark Twain.
Funny Silly Quotes
Next, some cool sayings that are silly enough to make people of all ages laugh all day long. Read these hilarious silly quotes that will bring out the silly kid inside you.
99. "There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments."
- Chris Rock.
100. “If your hair is done properly and you’re wearing good shoes, you can get away with anything.”
‒ Iris Apfel.
101. "Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five."
- Pam Brown.
102. “Awesome ends with me; but Ugly starts with u...”
103. “In mathematics, you don’t understand things. You just get used to them.”
- John von Neumann.
104. “I joke that every time I'm in the playoffs, it feels like I'm in the Super Bowl.”
- Chris Long.
105. “Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts.”
‒ Jim Morrison.
106. "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."
– Steven Wright.
107. "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it."
- Albert Einstein.
108. "My policy on cake is pro having it and pro-eating it."
- Boris Johnson.
109. "That awkward moment when you finish a math problem and your answer isn’t even one of the many choices."
- Ritu Ghatourey.
110. "If the nineteenth century was the age of the editorial chair, ours is the century of psychiatrists couch."
- Marshall McLuhan.
111. “If there is a fifty-fifty chance that something can go wrong, then nine times out of ten it will.”
- Paul Harvey.
112. “Take the admission to the gym to avoid the admission to the hospital.”
- Amit Kalantri.
113. "I'll probably never fully become what I wanted to be when I grew up, but that's probably because I wanted to be a ninja princess."
- Cassandra Duffy.
114. “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.”
– Tom Hiddleston.
115. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Eddison.
116. “Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.”
‒ George F. Burns.
117. "If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up."
- Dorothy Gambrell.
118. "The first hundred years are the hardest."
- Wilson Mizner.
119. “I got my hair highlighted because I felt that some strands were more important than others.”
‒ Mitch Hedberg.
120. "Arithmetic is where numbers fly like pigeons in and out of your head."
- Carl Sandburg.
121. "If you're using two-pound weights, how did you even open the door to the gym?"
- Dave Attell.
122. "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?… He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"
- Billy Connolly.
123. “I recorded my hair this morning, tonight I'm watching the highlights.”
‒ Jay London.
Stupid Silly Quotes
Stupid quotes can never go wrong at making someone's day. One silly quote and they are good to spend a day full of laughter. The ability to laugh at silly quotes is something our kids teach us every day. Check these silly quotes out.
124. “I've been embarrassing myself since about birth.”
- Phil Lester.
125. "I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability."
- Oscar Wilde.
126. "I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me."
- Fred Allen.
127. "Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn, it's working."
- Brian Tackett.
128. “Have you ever heard a blindfolded octopus unwrap a cellophane-covered bathtub?”
- Norton Juster.
129. "There are no traffic jams along the extra mile."
- Roger Staubach.
130. “Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head.”
- Swami Satchidananda.
131. "It's very hard not to be condescending when you're explaining something to an idiot."
- Bill Maher.
132. "Doing research on the Web is like using a library assembled piecemeal by pack rats and vandalized nightly."
- Roger Ebert.
133. "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit! Yet it remains the funniest."
– Oscar Wilde.
134. “My doctor recently told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already.”
- Milton Berle.
135. “Arithmetic is numbers you squeeze from your head to your hand to your pencil to your paper until you get the answer.”
- Carl Sandburg.
136. "I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone."
- Audrey Hepburn.
137. “Gorgeous hair is the best revenge.”
‒ Ivana Trump.
138. "Whatever sociology may be, it is the result of constantly asking the question, what is the meaning of this?"
- C. Wright Mills
139. "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."
- Bob Hope.
140. “If you don't win a Super Bowl, you're not considered successful in the National Football League.”
- Tom Landry.
141. “A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.”
- Bill Cosby.
142. "I didn't fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong."
- Benjamin Franklin.
143. “You can close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place. Like on your sofa, not doing yoga.”
- Grant Tucker.
144. “The only yoga stretch I've perfected is the yawn.”
- Grant Tucker.
145. “I'm undaunted in my quest to amuse myself by constantly changing my hair.”
‒ Hillary Rodham Clinton.
146. "There's no secret about success. Did you ever know a successful man who didn't tell you about it?"
- Kin Hubbard.
Silly Quotes From Popular Culture
Our favorite characters have said some really silly things that make us laugh to date. Check out this list of silly quotes from our all-time favorite movies, series, and songs.
147. “But Dumbledore says he doesn't care what they do as long as they don't take him off the Chocolate Frog cards.”
- J.K. Rowling, ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’.
148. “First rule of leadership: everything is your fault.”
- Hopper, ‘A Bug’s Life’.
149. “Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.”
- Sheldon Cooper, ‘The Big Bang Theory’.
150. “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.”
- Michael Scott, ‘The Office’.
151. “I don't wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least... three times bigger than this!”
- Derek Zoolander, ‘Zoolander’.
152. “I finally found the one, Marshall. Her name is Bacon.”
- Ted Mosby, ‘How I Met Your Mother’.
153. "It's not a man purse. It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."
- Alan Garner, ‘The Hangover’.
154. “Jake, why don’t you just do the right thing and jump out of a window?”
– Gina Linetti, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine’.
155. “She's strong! And scary...I bet she's single...I'd put money on it..”
- Naruto Uzumaki, ‘Naruto’.
156. "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."
- Emily Charlton, ‘The Devil Wears Prada’.
157. “You have to let me dance my own battles.”
- Marshall Eriksen, ‘How I Met Your Mother’.
158. “Wh-wha-what's going on-on?
This is the Crazy Frog
- Axel F, ‘Crazy Frog’.
159. “Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?”
- Chris Tucker, ‘Rush Hour’.
160. “If I don’t have some cake soon, I might die.”
– Stanley Hudson, ‘The Office’.
161. “Captain Wuntch. Good to see you. But if you’re here, who’s guarding Hades?”
– Captain Holt, ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’.
162. “There’s no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you’ll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?”
- Elaine Dickinson, ‘Airplane’.
163. "It's like I have ESPN or something."
- Karen Smith, ‘Mean Girls’.
164. “Cause I'm an idiot, and I'm your boyfriend, yes I am”
- Jimmy Fallon, ‘Idiot Boyfriend’.
165. “It’s too late. He’s been murdered by someone in this room. Welcome to another classic Koothrappali murder mystery dinner.”
- Raj Koothrappali, ‘The Big Bang Theory’.
166. “I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, whereas rumors, true or false, are often revealing.”
- Hans Landa, ‘Inglourious Basterds’.
Being Silly Quotes
Listed below are some quotes that will motivate everyone to do silly things and enjoy their lives. Check them out.
167. “Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”
168. “They watched the snow fall and fall and fall until they thought that they were the ones falling.”
― Ann Patchett.
169. “By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it.”
- George Burns.
170. “I can’t understand why men make all this fuss about Everest – it’s only a mountain.”
– Junko Tabei.
171. “Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.”
- Shel Silverstein.
172. "I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarian and we're skeptical."
- Arthur C. Clarke.
173. “I didn't like the idea of being foolish, but I learned pretty soon that it was essential to fail and be foolish.”
- Daniel Day-Lewis.
174. “It's okay to be absurd, ridiculous, and downright irrational at times; silliness is sweet syrup that helps us swallow the bitter pills of life.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
175. "Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed."
- Charles Shulz.
176. "My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne."
- Tina Fey.
177. “The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair.”
‒ Mary Heaton Vorse.
178. “If I could pack my unhappiness into snowballs, I would throw them at these people.”
- Ava Hom.
179. "Please don't retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them."
- Anna Magnani.
180. "Getting to the top of a mountain is optional. Getting down is mandatory."
– Ed Viesturs.
181. “I live in my own little world. But it's ok, they know me here.”
- Lauren Myracle.
182. “I don't get embarrassed easily, and I do silly things all the time!”
- Emily Osment.
183. "Laughter is inner jogging."
- Norman Cousins.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for silly quotes then why not take a look at [sarcastic quotes], or [cute quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.