Made In The USA Day | Kidadl

FOR AGES 1 YEARS TO 99 YEARS

Made In The USA Day

Arts & Crafts
Learn more
Reading & Writing
Learn more
Math & Logic
Learn more
Sports & Active
Learn more
Music & Dance
Learn more
Social & Community
Learn more
Mindful & Reflective
Learn more
Outdoor & Nature
Learn more
Read these Tokyo facts to learn all about the Japanese capital.

Where is Made In The USA Day celebrated?  

 Made In The USA Day is celebrated in the USA, and it is celebrated to increase the demand for local products.

Who is Made In The USA Day celebrated by?

 Made In The USA Day is celebrated by American consumers by buying American-made products and by American brands and companies that manufacture their products in the USA.

When did Made In The USA Day first start?

 Made In The USA Day first started in 1989, and it encourages the manufacturing and purchasing of goods made in the USA.

Who started Made In The USA Day?

 Made In The USA Day was first started in 1989 by Joel Joseph, a Made In The USA Foundation member.

Worlds' number one car, Tesla cars, is manufactured by America.

History And Timeline

Now that you already have some idea about Made In The USA Day, let's find out its history and timeline to know about its past.

1830

Mass Production Of Goods

In 1830 in the USA, mass production of goods took place with the help of interchangeable parts available.

1901

Beginning Of The Golden Age Of Manufacturing

1901 is the beginning of the golden age of manufacturing. There was the mass production of the curved dash oldsmobiles.

1913

Popularization Of The Assembly Line Of Production

The assembly line of production was popularized by Henry Ford. The time required for mass production of automobiles was reduced, from 12 to 1 hour and 33 minutes only.

1989

Made In The USA Day First Celebrated

Made In The USA Day was first celebrated in 1989 by American consumers and manufacturers to promote American goods. It's celebrated every year two days before the patriotic holiday, Independence Day.

1997

Guidelines Were Laid Out By Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

In 1997, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) laid out guidelines for manufacturers to define what makes a product American-made. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) states the country of origin and regulates the label.

Traditions And Customs

On Made In The USA Day, small businesses are supported. American businesses that make local handmade soaps, jewelry, garments are promoted. It is also a way of supporting the local community.

American companies, brands, businesses, and manufacturers promote their products and encourage people to continue buying products that are made in the USA.

Donations are also made to big organizations like Made In The USA Foundation and Made in America Company.

Ways To Observe Or Celebrate Made In The USA Day

You can celebrate Made In The USA Day by purchasing American-made products and continuing to buy them.

Another way to celebrate is by helping consumers to connect with organizations like Made in the USA Foundation. You can also celebrate this day by watching an American documentary movie.

The best thing you can do is go shopping and buy products that are made in the USA.

Facts And Stats

  • Made In The USA Day is celebrated two days before the patriotic holiday, Independence day.
  • Made In The USA Day encourages manufacturing goods in America and local customers to purchase these goods instead of products imported from another country.
  • 80% of Americans prefer buying products made in the US. Hence, this day is important for people to be proud of themselves for buying those products and encourage the remaining 20% to buy American products.

FAQs About Made In The USA Day

What was Made In The USA?

Made In The USA Day encourages brands that make products in the USA.

Does made in USA matter?

Yes, made in the USA matters because it encourages American products and American goods.

What is the main purpose of Made In The USA Day?

The main purpose of Made In The USA Day is to motivate the American economy, brands, manufacturers, textiles, automobiles, and consumers to use made in the USA stamp.

Does Made in the USA mean anything anymore?

Made in the USA means that only products made in the United States, including products made by small businesses.

What products are only made in America?

Some products that are only made in the USA are automobiles, textiles, furs, and wool, and they are required to use the USA label.

Hashtags To Use On Social Media

#MadeInTheUSADay

When Is This Day Celebrated

Date Day
July 02, 2020 Thursday
July 02, 2021 Friday
July 02, 2022 Saturday
July 02, 2023 Sunday
July 02, 2024 Tuesday

Read The Disclaimer

Was this article helpful?