Grab Tickets To City Sightseeing
What to expect
- One of the world’s leading open-top bus tour operators, City Sightseeing operates in almost 100 locations worldwide!
- A hop-on hop-off bus service, City Sightseeing is a fun and convenient way to explore a city.
- The iconic red City Sightseeing bus operates in the UK’s top destinations, including London, Edinburgh, Bath, Glasgow, Cardiff, York, Oxford, Bournemouth, Belfast, and many more.
- Depending on what city you visit, there is a live guide or multi-lingual commentary.
Created in Seville, Spain in 1999, the red City Sightseeing bus is now a familiar sight in many destinations within the UK and is the ideal way to navigate a city and enjoy extraordinary attractions and landmarks with ease. The franchised brand was launched in London at the 1999 World Travel Market and expanded to Glasgow and then around the world to Canberra in Australia. Now in more than 100 international cities worldwide, the red sightseeing bus operates in 19 of UK’s cities, including Bath, Cardiff, York, Oxford, Bournemouth, Derry-Londonderry, Windsor, Cambridge, Oban, Norwich, London, Llandudno, Inverness, Chester, Stratford-upon-Avon, Belfast, Chester, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
The open-top double-decker sightseeing bus tour allows visitors to hop on and off as much as they want at any of the bus stops on the route, which are strategically located near the best landmarks and attractions throughout the city. Depending on where you visit, tickets are usually valid for 24, 48 or 72 hours or as a one-day, two-day or three-day ticket. Not all cities offer the same ticket types. There is also a live guide or audio commentary on board sharing fascinating facts about the city’s culture, landmarks and history. The audio commentary is available in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French and German. A brilliant family-friendly experience, all the tours are planned with kids in mind. Some of the tours even include exclusive kids’ commentary in some of the cities and free kids club activity packs.
The city bus sightseeing tours can now be combined with boat tours to maximise what visitors see and do, as well as attractions, walking tours, themed cruises and day tours from London.
Whether you enjoy visiting historical attractions or beautiful green spaces, City Sightseeing provides a fun and unique experience wherever you choose to go! Book your bus tickets here for a hop-on hop-off bus, activities, tours, attractions and cruises.
What to know before you go
- Most of the buses are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs measuring to 70cm wide, 120cm long and 135cm high will fit in the spaces on the bus to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Buggies can be stored in the wheelchair space if they are not being used by a wheelchair user.
- There are no toilets or baby-changing facilities on the buses. Staff can suggest a suitable attraction where you can find these facilities.
- All UK cities allow small, well-behaved dogs on the bus tours.
- Food is not permitted on the buses, but staff are happy to recommend places to eat.
- Bus stops in all cities have signs indicating that they are for City Sightseeing. Sign sizes may vary from one tour to another.
- The frequency that a bus passes a stop varies from city to city. The average waiting time is 30 minutes.
- The sightseeing bus tours have a number of different starting points. It’s possible to hop on and off the bus at any of the designated stops.
- Each city follows a designated route, but you can start your tour wherever is convenient for you.