Grab Tickets To Sister Act! The Musical
What to expect
- Based on the 1992 smash-hit film, Sister Act! The Musical is coming to the Eventim Apollo.
- Starring Oscar-winning actress Whoopi Goldberg as the main character Deloris Van Cartier, Oliver Award winning Clive Rowe as Eddie Souther and BAFTA winner Jennifer Saunders as Mother Superior.
- With original songs inspired by Motown, disco and soul music, this feel-good musical will have you jumping to your feet.
Get ready for the ultimate nostalgia-filled theatre trip as you enjoy the newly-adapted Sister Act at the Eventim Apollo Theatre in Hammersmith.
Central London's well known as the place to see an incredible West End show, but outside Theatreland, Hammersmith has its own pocket of entertainment, hosting hilarious musicals and even pantomimes.
Set in California in 2021, this musical follows the story of lounge singer Deloris Van Cartier who witnesses a murder and is placed in protective custody in a convent. To stay out of trouble, Deloris is assigned to the choir by her fellow nuns. Deloris teaches the nuns how to sing and find their voices and at the same time, she discovers her own. Whoopi Goldberg is back to reprise her Sister Act role as Deloris, starring alongside Jennifer Saunders as Mother Superior. The star-studded cast will have you up on your feet before you even realise!
The musical features original songs from the one and only Alan Menken, the award-winning songwriter and composer who’s known for his scores in Disney classics including Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Enchanted.
Expect feel-good songs, mesmerising dance routines and plenty of laughs in this story about the power of sisterhood. You will be blown away by this fantastic London musical! The show is brought to stage by the independent theatre production company James Wilson Productions, who produce some of your favourite award-winning musicals, including Nativity! The Musical and On Your Feet! The Story of Emilio and Gloria Estefan.
Whilst you are in West London, why not enjoy some outdoor spaces during the day, like the stunning Japanese gardens in Holland Park or Hammersmith Park.
What to know before you go
- The show is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
- It is recommended for children aged 10 and over. Children aged under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under two are not permitted.
- Brenda Edwards will replace Whoopi Goldberg as Deloris Van Cartier for Thursday matinee performances.
- The appearance of any cast member is subject to change and may be affected by holiday, contracts, events or illness beyond the producers' control.
- The Eventim Apollo is fully accessible. There are two disabled access toilets located at the rear of the stalls by the house left disabled access platform. Assistance dogs are welcome at the Eventim Apollo and staff are happy to look after them during the show.
- You can enjoy some light snacks from the Eventim Apollo bar. There is also a great variety of family-friendly restaurants in Hammersmith if you want to enjoy a pre-or post-theatre meal. You will find a Yoshi Sushi, Tortilla, Nando’s and family Italian Casa Mia on King Street.
- Eventim Apollo is just opposite the Hammersmith's Kings Mall shopping centre.
- Hammersmith Tube station is close by. The Piccadilly and District line terminus is a two-minute walk while the separate Hammersmith & City line station is a five-minute walk. Bear in mind these are technically two different stations, though you would not be charged extra if you needed to transfer between the two.
- The nearest train station is Kensington (Olympia), serving the London Overground and Southern.
- By bus, routes 9, 10, 27, 33, 419, 72, H91, 190, 211, 220, 267, 283, 295 and 391 all stop near the venue.
- If you're driving, there are a limited number of on-street parking spaces near the Eventim Apollo and in Hammersmith. The nearest car park is located behind the Kings Mall. Novotel London West has secure parking facilities and is a five-minute walk away.