- AvoCuddle Playroom is a large stay-and-place space set in the colourful basement room of Greenwich’s organic cafe, Avocado x Coffee.
- They offer supervised play sessions for children of various ages as well as a whole host of exciting activity groups, craft classes, parent and baby sessions and private party hire packages.
- With an eclectic, avocado-centric and wonderfully child-friendly menu upstairs and expertly tailored classes downstairs, this South East London location is a great place for both children and parents alike to really make the most of their day together.
Just outside of Greenwich’s bustling and historic town centre in South East London, the AvoCuddle Playroom provides the perfect oasis oasis of calm, play and delicious treats that adults and children can enjoy together. Offering supervised Stay & Play sessions in their large, safe playroom, AvoCuddle lets parents relax, catch up on some work or simply sit back and watch as their kids have a wonderful time playing and learning with their peers.
AvoCuddle Playroom offers a range of fabulous Stay & Play sessions for babies, toddlers and children under five years of age within their colourfully illustrated walls. Surrounded by rainbows, flowers, bright fields and plenty of cartoon avocados, little ones will love playing and exploring the huge range of toys, games and soft play features on offer. This largely basement room includes play pens, jumparoos, rocking horses, tea tables, alphabet floor tiles and an indoor garden area complete with fake grass, as well as plenty of cuddly toys and sensory items for children to explore at their leisure. Stay & Play sessions run at various times throughout the morning and afternoon and parents can either relax on the comfy seats within the basement or enjoy a tasty treat from the upstairs café.
As well as their socially Stay & Play sessions, AvoCuddle Playroom also offers loads of family classes and workshops across a huge range of practices including art and design, music, physical activity, science and early years sensory sessions. Little movers and groovers will love the energetic Zumbini classes for under fives, crafty kids can get creative with Painted Peppermint’s ceramic classes or Memory Box’s family photography sessions, and there are plenty of early years learning opportunities to be had from Sing & Sign classes, Tot Tales storytelling sessions and even Safety First Aid training for a variety of ages. For any upcoming special celebrations, AvoCuddle Playroom also provides wonderful private party venue hire deals including delicious food and drink and the best decorations and children’s entertainment. Keep your eyes peeled for the regular events hosted by AvoCuddle, where kids can enjoy face painting, crafts, party games and much more.
Upstairs from the Playroom basement, you’ll find a completely charming cafe with an extensive menu and plenty of space to work, rest or tuck in as a family. Avocado x Coffee prides itself on healthy and organic food and delicious coffee, where avocado is ingeniously incorporated into every menu item. This unique cafe offers fresh juices, sandwiches, omelettes, salads and irresistible vegan cakes all served in generous portions with a lovely home-cooked feel.
This avocado paradise offers a great place for both adults and children to meet new people, have fun and relax in a welcoming and relaxing space where the friendliest staff will attend to all of your family’s needs. Whilst you’re in this famous corner of South East London, don’t miss the interactive National Maritime Museum, offering even more fabulous play spaces for kids, and the wonders of Greenwich’s Royal Observatory.
What to know before you go
- Stay & Play classes are running with up to ten attendees per session.
- AvoCuddle Playroom Stay & Play sessions run throughout the year, on both weekdays and weekends as well as during the school holidays.
- Sessions are available for all children aged from 0 to five years old, including newborns.
- Prices are per session or you can purchase a membership for discounted regular use.
- Parents must stay with their children for the duration of the play session.
- All staff are DBS checked and there are first aiders on site.
- There are accessible toilets and baby-changing facilities on site.
- The upstairs Avocado x Coffee café offers a large range of child-friendly menu items including breakfasts, sandwiches, hot meals and snacks as well as tea, coffee, juice and smoothies. They cater very well for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets. Alternatively, you can find many family-friendly restaurants in the nearby Greenwich town centre including Bill’s, Pizza Express, Zizzi’s, Nando’s, Honest Burger and more.
- There is free WiFi available as well as many plug points if you wish to work on site.
- The Avocado x Coffee cafe is open from 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 5pm on Sundays.
- AvoCuddle Playroom is located just east of Greenwich town centre in South East London.
- If you are travelling by car, there are some car parks in Greenwich centre but they can get quite busy and pricey. Some free on-street parking can be found further up Vanbrugh Hill, around the gates to Greenwich Park.
- The nearest railway stations are Maze Hill and Westcombe Park, both a 10-15 minute walk away. Greenwich Station and the Cutty Sark DLR station are also both a 20-minute walk from the venue or a short bus ride away.
- The nearest Tube station is North Greenwich, which serves the Jubilee line and is a 10-minute bus ride away via the 129, 188 or 422 routes.
- There are many bus stops near to the venue along Trafalgar Road, Blackwall Lane and Woolwich Road which serve the routes 108, 129, 177, 180, 188, 286, 386, 422 and N1.