Codonas Amusement Park
Please be aware of government guidelines before setting off.Government Guidelines
- Codonas Amusement Park in Aberdeen is brimming with activities for everyone, no matter what they like.
- In the outdoor section, enjoy rides for everyone whether you want to dive down on Dead Man's Drop Tower or slowly enjoy the views on the Apple Family Coaster.
- Enjoy the Adventure Golf courses, whether you want to see Pirate Island Adventure Golf or Congo Adventure Golf.
- Have fun with some 10 pin bowling at Lucky Strike, and play some brilliant arcade games.
Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen, is a theme park near the Scottish coast. It's the home of rides, indoor play areas, a laser tag arena, go-karts, super dodgems and much more. If your family is looking for something incredible to do in Scotland or just one of the best Aberdeen attractions, you'll have a great time at Codonas Amusement Park. While in Scotland, you also might like Duthie Park or the Aberdeen Maritime Museum.
If you're looking for a ride to enjoy, whether it's indoor or outdoor rides, Codonas is full of them. The Scallywags Bumper Boats will have you battling it out against your family; be careful not to get soaked! You can voyage around the 5000 ft square area, visiting the cliff edge waterfall and the Smugglers Tree Hurts. Dead Man's Drop Tower is the family thrill that will leave your heart at the top. Lift the 80ft pirate mast and, after a quick look at the beautiful surrounding area, you'll quickly drop. The Galleon Pirate Ship well send your family swinging as you fly back and forth through the air. The Apple Family Coaster is brilliant for children of all ages, as you turn, dip, and rise gently around the beautiful coastal track. The Disco Waltzers are a traditional family favourite for you to enjoy, sending you spinning as you listen to the funky disco music. The Spinning Bumper Cars are one of the newest attractions and combine traditional bumper cars and the spinning waltzers for a brilliant and fun new way to play. The 100 feet high Grampian Eye is perfect if you want to see the beautiful views of the Aberdeen coast. It's even featured on the Aberdeen Monopoly board. The Spinning Tea Cups are great fun for the youngest members of the family, along with the Kiddies Carousel.
Want to try some things that are a little different like a game of golf or a fun family race? Codonas Karting Track will have you speeding around their lanes as you try and beat each other with your lap times. It's even multi-level, with straights, chicanes and ramps. Pirate Island Adventure Golf is the home of golf at Codonas Amusement Park. The 18-Hole outdoor adventure golf course involves great special effects and is full of pirate themes. There's even a 25ft volcano! Whether you're at Codonas for a party or have decided to come for a late-night great time, the Pirate Island Adventure Golf course can be played at any time. The Smugglers Cove Smugglers Tree Huts are three giant tree huts to play on, with places to slide, climb and run. If the outdoor weather isn't particularly bright, there's also the Smugglers Cove indoor play area. There is a massive play frame and play area inside, including a section for the little ones, the Smugglers Cove Little Nippers section. Smugglers Cove lets you go through chutes, across bridges, down huge slides and lots more to discover. Why not also have a play at the Indoor Smugglers Street. This role play street will let kids pretend to be vets, shopkeepers and more as they enjoy makings stories.
For more indoor fun, why not get involved with some 10 pin bowling at Lucky Strike? Lucky Strike is the home of 10 pin bowling lanes for the whole family and is great fun. Get on a bowling lane, which you can even book online before coming, and get the balls rolling down them. Have time to get adventurous? Why not get involved with the Battle Royale Laser Tag arena, with the latest in this safe family warfare. Capture video base stations, activate energy gates and upgrade to different weapons, there's nothing quite like it anywhere else. Will you win against your family in time? For more golf fun, the indoor Congo Adventure Golf is an 18 hole course with jungle trees, Tikki huts, a volcano, waterfall and tropical palm trees. The Skydeck Super Dodgems are opposite the Prize Shop. They're bumper cars with a difference. You can also have a go with the Dino Safari 4D Motion Road, Karaoke Rooms, American Pool Suites, and more. Why not also go retro with the huge Indoor Arcade? The Blast 4D Shooting Simulator will have you getting rid of the enemies. Play 'n' Win for fantastic prizes with the basketballs, skill games, skee balls and whacker games as well as the largest and most up to date selection of video games in Scotland. You can even have a go in VR. For the parents or your eldest child, there's also Caesar's Emporium and the Betting Lounge.
Looking for some food after such a brilliant day? There are five places to eat at Codonas. The Lucky Strike Bar and Restaurant serves a variety of food and drinks with everything from pizza to cocktails, no matter what you're celebrating. It's right near the 10 pin bowling too, so you're never too far away from your own next lucky strike. If you'd like a warm drink or a cake, there is a Starbucks available for all your café needs. The Smugglers Cove Family Restaurant offers great food for everybody with pizzas, pasta, paninis and sandwiches, baked potatoes, hot dogs and burgers, and much more to keep everyone full so there are no hungry family members. The Snack House is near all of the rollercoasters, as well as the Carousel Café and is great for all kinds of sweet treats.
What to know before you go
- Codonas Amusement Park opening times are varied across the year and each section of the park. Always check online to find out if it's open to avoid disappointment.
- Some of the rides have height restrictions, but these will be clearly labelled before you go in.
- Some parts of Codonas Amuseument Park may not be accessible to wheelchair users; a member of staff will be able to advise about this on the day.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are available.
- Accessible toilets are available.
- Different wristbands allow access to different rides; staff can advise you at the start of your day.
- Codonas Amusement Park is a two - three-hour drive away from Edinburgh and a nine - 10-hour drive from London.
- It's a 22 - 25-minute walk from Aberdeen Station to Codonas Amusement Park. You could also get a bus; you'll need the Number 15, the X60, X63, X67 or X68 to get to Codonas.
- There are plenty of bus stops surrounding Codonas Amusement Park. The closest is Cotton Street, serviced by the Number 15. It's a three-minute walk from the stop to the park.