Formula Fast Indoor Karting
- Feel the adrenaline rush at one of the biggest race tracks in the UK.
- Race against each other as a family, or as individuals.
- Check your race times online with the FF-Live service.
- Put on a party and celebrate with some fast-paced action.
If you’re on the lookout for things to do with kids in Milton Keynes, look no further. For those with a need for speed, getting involved in some go-karting is the ideal way to spend a family day out. In Bletchley, Milton Keynes, you will find the fantastic Formula Fast Indoor Karting, which will help sports lovers and beginners alike to act out their Formula One dreams. Mini Lewis Hamiltons will have the time of their lives at this fantastic indoor go-karting venue. Home of the British Rental Karting Championship, this is the place to go for kids who can’t wait for the day they pass their driver’s license. While there is a big focus on speed, with impressive turns and over 500m of race track, this activity is perfectly safe, and you will be provided with protective gear and a safety briefing.
There are several options available for your day out karting, including group sessions, tuition classes and even a Holiday Track Day for kids, which involves half a day of karting and a pizza buffet lunch!
The youngest age that kids can start racing is eight years old, and they are counted as ‘Junior’ level until they are 14. You can book Junior groups in different sessions, with options for 1-5 drivers, 6-12 drivers and larger groups too. In addition, there is the option to either book a Brightsparks Induction, which is a special 30 minute session aimed at first-timers, or get stuck in with a straight-up timed practice, where they can race straight against the clock.
For families who want to try go-kart racing together, try one of the exclusive family sessions on offer. These 20 or 30 minute sessions allow up to seven people to have a go at racing, with tuition and race gear included. You will also have exclusive use of the track, and at the end, you’ll receive a printed version of the lap time analysis for your group. For a fee, you can also upgrade to the family special, which includes pizza for all, or medals. Other options include adding some extra trophies to your package, an on-board camera or a ballast to smaller driver’s karts for fairer racing.
Formula Fast Indoor Karting is keen to make sure everyone has a great time at the race track, so they have an Access Karting Scheme for those with learning difficulties, limited mobility or any other requirements. You can book a session as part of this scheme by contacting the venue, and they usually run on weekday mornings when the track is quieter. There is the option of driving alone or with an instructor in the 390cc two-seater cart, and the AKS group will have exclusive use of the track. While everyone is encouraged to have a go at driving themselves if possible, there is no pressure to drive, and individuals are also welcome to experience the karting as a passenger, with an instructor driving. Alternatively, spectators are always welcome at the track, and guests are welcome to take a guided tour or watch if they prefer.
For somewhere to eat or drink, there are hot food options on site, including pizza, and it is recommended you pre-order. Or, pop over to Café Sen, which is also located on the Bond Estate, and offers delicious Vietnamese food, as well as sandwiches, snacks and drinks. There is also an option to eat in or takeaway, which is perfect if you want to get back to the racing action as quickly as possible.
If your family loved their day out at Formula Fast Indoor Karting, for your next trip why not ramp up the action at the nearby Snozone in Milton Keynes, or head out to Beaconsfield for a look at the famous Bekonscot Model Village & Railway?
What to know before you go
- You must wear balaclavas and gloves to drive. You can either bring your own or buy a balaclava at the Formula Fast shop for £2.
- There is an on-site café and catering options if you are visiting as a group.
- While there aren’t any baby changing facilities available here, the site is accessible and wheelchair friendly, and there are accessible toilets available.
- The minimum height for riders is 123cm, and the maximum is 193cm. There is also a maximum weight limit of 114kg.
- The central car park is at the end of Bond Estate road, to the right.
- The venue is close to Stadium MK, so if travelling by train or bus, you can go to the Stadium MK bus stop, and then take the short walk to Formula Fast. The nearest train station is Bletchley Railway station, with connections to Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.