Mead Open Farm
- Meet the adorable animals and even have a go at feeding them.
- Play all day in the Magical Veggie Wood and Shaggy's PlayWorld.
- Vroom vroom! Speed off in a go-kart and race against your family and friends.
- Tee off on the crazy golf course or get bouncing on the jumping pillows.
The summer holidays aren't complete without a trip to the farm. Luckily Mead Open Farm has it all with an animal petting zoo, adventure playground and more. This family day out is sure not to disappoint with so much to see and do for all ages. When it's time to refuel, the award-winning Grain Store Kitchen serves delicious meals and snacks or you could pack a picnic to eat whilst enjoying the summer sunshine.
If you're looking for more farms to visit, check out these London farms which have also reopened recently. Or for something a bit different, see which National Trust Houses have opened their doors again.
At Mead Open Farm there are lots of animal activities to get involved with including feeding the goats and sheep, stroking the rabbits which are hopping about at hand height and grooming the ponies. There are also baby animals being born throughout the year including alpacas, calves and piglets, so keep an eye out for those!
As well as animals, there are a huge range of outdoor play areas to keep the children entertained. There is an adventure playground filled with wobbly bridges, treetop towers and big slides. The park has a separate under-5s area and is surrounding by picnic tables, perfect for a quick sit down whilst keeping an eye on the kids. If you need to burn off some extra energy then the jumping pillows are perfect, there is one for smaller children and one for bigger kids so everyone can bounce safely.
Make sure you pack your buckets and spades because the sand and water play area will provide tons of fun. It has a water pump, bamboo water channels and buckets on a pulley. For more excitement in the sand head to digger village where you can climb into the diggers and dump trucks to push the sand around.
Also included in Mead Farm prices is the nine hole crazy golf course. You can collect clubs and balls from the Paddock Kiosk which is next to the go karts. The go karts are available at an extra cost.
What to know before you go
- Mead Open Farm opening times are 10am - 6pm daily.
- There are toilets, disabled toilets and baby changing facilities in the Grain Store Kitchen.
- There is an outdoor area for picnics.
- Socks are needed for the jumping pillows.
- Under-2s go free. All tickets are subject to an additional 50p booking fee. Mead Open Farm membership is also available at £80 per child and £85 per adult.
- The farm can be found at Mead Open Farm, Stanbridge Road, Billington, Bedfordshire, LU7 9JH.
- The farm is accessible from the M1, take the exit labelled 'A5/Aylesbury/A505/Dunstable'. Follow the A5 and A505 to Stanbridge Road.
- From Leighton Buzzard follow Billington Road to the B440 and then turn left on Stanbridge Road.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- If you're planning to travel by public transport, the nearest bus and train services go to Leighton Buzzard and from there you can hop in a taxi.