Stonehurst Family Farm
- Having won the Leicestershire Tourism Award for Best Visitor Experience, Stonehurst Family Farm and Motor Museum is a charming working farm in Mountsorrel.
- Families can visit all of their favourite farm animals and enjoy feeding opportunities, tractor and pony rides, playgrounds and nature trails in this scenic countryside location.
- There is also a fascinating Motor Museum on-site featuring vintage cars, motorcycles and plenty of motor memorabilia.
- This family farm is dedicated to fresh, organic and Free Range produce which they sell on-site in their Farm Shop and Tearoom.
Established in 1951, Stonehurst Family Farm is an authentic working farm in Mountsorrel offering the freshest local produce and no end of family farmyard fun, as well as a retro Motor Museum on-site. Children and adults alike will love marvelling at the classic cars and memorabilia in this free museum space, meeting and feeding the adorable animals that live around the farm park, discovering adventure trails and even taking a ride on a tractor, trailer or pony,
As well as being a working farm producing the best organic and home-grown produce on-site, from milk and meat to fruits and vegetables, Stonehurst Family Farm also offers a huge range of activities for children of all ages to enjoy. You'll find all of your favourite farmyard animals on-site including sheep, cows, pigs, rabbits, ponies, goats, ducks and hens, many of which can be cuddled and fed in the Petting Farm and using the animal feed bags available on-site. Mini farmers-in-the-making can collect freshly lain eggs from Stonehurst's chickens and even take a ride on a pony themselves, or opt for something more man-made with their thrilling tractor rides. Young kids will love the two wonderful play areas at Stonehurst Farm, swinging in the straw barn, having a go at 'pond dipping' and venturing out on a Stonehurst adventure trail or farm walk around the countryside grounds.
Within the eclectic Stonehurst Farm, you'll also find an exciting Motor Museum, featuring a collection of classic and vintage cars built up since the 1950's by the farm's owners, the Duffin family. This awesome Leicestershire museum includes cars, motorcycles and a whole load of motor memorabilia such as original Wolseleys, Vauxhall 30's, Vincent motorbikes, 1960's sports cars and much more. These vintage vehicles often attend regular motoring events across the United Kingdom, and the museum exhibit on-site at Stonehurst Farm is freely open to all curious visitors.
Whilst you're visiting the animals and cars of Stonehurst Family Farm, be sure to check out their lovely Farm Shop and Tea Room Restaurant which showcase the best of the farm's fresh produce. You can tuck into a locally-sourced cream tea or nourishing lunch in the cafe or take home your own organic farm produce such as eggs, milk, meat and vegetables. For a special day out, you can also find Leicestershire's only Michelin starred restaurant just down Bond Lane which is run by Stonehurst Farm born-and-bred head chef, John Duffin. John champion's farm-to-plate philosophy in the John's House Restaurant where many of the seasonal ingredients originate right on Stonehurst soil.
Whether you want to meet and pet the animals, explore the retro Motor Museum, pick some fresh produce or indulge in the delicious farm restaurant, Stonehurst is one of the best family farms in Leicestershire for a full day of unique farmyard fun. Whilst you're in the region, why not take your love of animals to the next level at the huge Twycross Zoo?
What to know before you go
- Admission tickets into Stonehurst Family Farm include access to the Motor Museum as well as the farm park, nature trails, play areas, and free tractor rides on site.
- Children under two enter for free and family tickets are available.
- The Farm Shop and Tea Shop are open to the public free of charge, and Stonehurst Family Farm also offers home deliveries of their farm produce via their online shop.
- Stonehurst's on-site Farm Shop sells their Free Range eggs, organic meat and milk, home-grown vegetables, a range of jams and preserves and includes a visitor gift shop.
- For eating, drinking and enjoying the family farm's produce on-site, stop off at The Farmer's Den Tea Shop & Restaurant, which serves cream teas, hot and cold food and homemade cakes all using their own fresh produce or ingredients from other local suppliers. They have a great children's menu and also cater for group or family occasions if you contact the farm.
- As well as this, on-site you will find an ice cream kiosk and picnic area.
- Also within Stonehurst Family Farm is John's House fine dining restaurant, Leicestershire's only Michelin starred venue, run by Stonehurst Farm-born John Duffin. Nearby you can also find Spice Cube Indian restaurant, The Swan Inn and The Waterside Inn pubs and The Butter Market Cafe.
- Animal feed bags can be purchased from the farm shop on-site for just 50p. Make sure you use sanitiser and wash your hands regularly at their cleaning stations.
- Pony rides are available for children for £1.
- There are toilets and baby changing facilities located near to the Straw Barn.
- An accessible toilet can be found next to the Farm Shop and Tea Shop Restaurant.
- Stonehurst Family Farm and Motor Museum is accessible for wheelchairs users and buggies, but please bear in mind that some surfaces may be uneven as it is still a working farm.
- Reduced rates are available for seniors, disabled visitors and their carers.
- Stonehurst Family Farm also offers great birthday party packages which include feeding sessions, animal meet and greets, playgrounds, tractor/pony rides, farm produce collecting and a freshly-made Hay Loft tea party.
- Stonehurst Family Farm and Motor Museum is located in Mountsorrel in the region of Leicestershire.
- If you are driving, the farm is situated just off of the A6, alongside the River Soar between Quorn and Mountsorrel.
- There is a free car park on site at Stonehurst Family Farm for cars and coaches to use.
- The nearest train stations are located at Barrow upon Soar and Sileby. Barrow-upon-Soar Station is a seven-minute drive or taxi ride from the farm or a 35-minute bus ride via the 2, 127 and X26 routes. Sileby Station is a 6-minute drive or taxi ride or a 45-minute bus ride using the 2 and then 127 routes.
- Buses 27, 126, 127, X26 and X27 also stop nearby Bond Lane on Loughborough Road.