Walby Farm Park
- Walby Farm Park, Cumbria gives 'family fun on the farm'.
- Cuddle with the adorable animals throughout the farm.
- Enjoy some indoor play at the indoor play barn, or go outside and feel the Carlisle air at one of the other play areas on site.
- Play crazy golf on the crazy fun course.
Walby Farm Park, Carlisle, Cumbria is a farm near to the village Crosby-on-Eden. This Carlisle farm has fun inside and out, as you can join in with meeting the animals at interactive sessions, play around the 30 acres of farm, and eat some delicious home-cooked style food. If you enjoy other Cumbria farms like Blencogo Farm or love Herrings Green Activity Farm in Bedfordshire, then you'll have a great day out at Walby Farm Park.
Perhaps the most important part of any farm attraction is the animals. Walby Farm Park works with the Rare Breeds Survival Trust, so you might get to see some rare animals while you're there. There are pigs, cows, sheep and goats, but you can also find reindeer, alpacas, and wallabies. Wallace the Wallaby is currently the only wallaby at the farm, but you'll still get to see him running around and having fun. The Animal Barn will let you get closer to the animals you love, and the demonstration area has the opportunity for a cuddle. There are activities on throughout the day such as sheep racing, pony grooming, a ferret show, and feedings at certain times of the year.
The indoor adventure play barn has everything you could want in an indoor play area. There's a dedicated area for younger members of the family, as well as a 24-foot Demon Drop Slide which the adults can try out too if they dare. Keep an eye out for Custard the Cow, the friendly farm mascot. There are plenty of other play areas too. Milecastle 62 is an undercover play area, giving you all the benefits of an indoor play area but still getting that fresh Carlisle air. With climb ropes, tree trunk beams, transparent tunnels and more, this is a three-level Roman fort recreating history in a brilliant and fun way. You can also enjoy a vehicle-inspired attraction outside the play barn; with JCB Diggers, pedal Tractors, and trampolines, as well as plenty more, this is the crown on top of a great day out.
Feeling hungry? Why not visit The Curly Tails Café or Piglet's Pantry. The Curly Tails Café is found in the centre of the farm, serving hot and cold drinks, ice-cream, cakes and also hot home-cooked food. Piglet’s Pantry is situated to the rear of the Play Barn, serving hot and cold drinks, ice creams and cakes. All food is locally sourced where possible. Want to remember your day? The Walby Farm Park Gift Shop is perfect for countryside lovers, with books, toys and other souvenirs to remember every attraction.
Feel like exploring after your day? Enjoy a meal in Crosby-on-Eden and explore the historic village. Why not have a go at the Carlisle Flight Training & Aero Club? If you'd like to go into the city centre, there's even more to find, or you could go north all the way up to Hadrian's Wall.
What to know before you go
- Walby Farm Park has brought in new safety measures such as pre-booked tickets and hand sanitizer.
- The Walby Farm Park opening times are 10am to 5.30pm.
- No dogs are not permitted on site except for assistance dogs.
- There is one toilet area with two accessible toilets, baby changing facilities, and several hand washing facilities.
- The farm is wheelchair accessible.
- The restaurant caters for Vegetarians, Dairy Intolerances, Nut allergies and Diabetics. There's also Gluten-free food.
- Walby Farm Park is 4 miles from Carlisle and the M6 motorway.
- The Walby Farm Park prices for parking are free.
- Walby Farm Park is walkable from Crosby-on-Eden. The Walby Crosby-on-Eden walk is 1.5 miles.
- There is also a bus currently running on Tuesdays and Fridays from the village.