Warner Bros. Studio
- Withdraw some Galleons from Gringotts Wizarding Bank and delve into the depths of the Lestrange vault.
- Explore the Great Hall, Diagon Alley, and even the Forbidden Forest.
- Wonder at the special and visual effects straight from the film sets, including the Chamber of Secrets door and Whomping Willow.
Become an expert in the Wizarding World as you and your family wind your way around the Harry Potter studios. Find the best wand for you, sort yourselves into your Hogwarts house, and explore the two sound stages and a backlot filled with animatronic creatures, special effects, and stupendous original sets. There’s so much to do that you should plan to spend at least three hours on site (but there’s no time limit imposed on your enjoyment).
The Harry Potter films were shot on the Leavesden, London studio site for many years, and when production wrapped, the many glorious artefacts, props, costumes, and sets were preserved so that Harry Potter fans could experience the world of The Boy Who Lived beyond the page and screen. On 31 March 2012, the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour London opened, ready for you and your family to experience the Harry Potter universe as never before.
Wave hello to Buckbeak, the regal Hippogriff, and squeal at the giant spider Aragog’s eight eyes and 18-ft leg span (eek!). Count the potion jars in the Hogwarts classroom, and discover whose memories are stored in the cabinet in Professor Dumbledore’s office. Fly a broomstick over London in the green screen experience, and giggle over the lace on Ron Weasley’s Yule Ball dress robes. There really is something for Potterheads of all ages, making a trip to the Harry Potter studio in Watford the most magical day out.
Still not enough wizarding world for your family? Follow a tour of the London film locations, or, if you’re looking for something closer to home, plan a Harry Potter escape room yourselves. We solemnly swear you’ll be up to no good.
What to know before you go
- The Harry Potter Studios London is open from 8.30am and closes at 10pm, with the first and last tours starting at 9am and 6.30pm respectively.
- Toilets are found within the lobby of the Warner Bros. Studio, with baby-changing facilities and an accessible toilet in each block.
- An area for parents and babies can be found next to the Backlot Café, where you’ll find a nursing chair and changing tables. The café can provide hot water for bottles should you need it.
- The Backlot Café serves hot food and some grab-and-go options. Be sure not to miss out on trying Harry, Ron & Hermione’s drink of choice - butterbeer - in the Backlot Café, which is available in souvenir tankards.
- Alternatively, the Chocolate Frog Café, Hub Café and Food Hall are all in the lobby and serve a range of refreshments.
- Fully trained assistance dogs are welcome in the Studio Tour.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible but note that certain areas may be more difficult to navigate.
- Personal induction loops should be reserved in advance from the Visitor Services team.
- Handheld audio-visual guides are available to help bring the magic to life.
- A Sensory Room is also available, providing a calming environment located next to the Backlot Café.
- There are several studio shops at which all fans can spend their galleons. Purchase memorabilia, souvenirs, replica wands, clothing and more - keep your eyes peeled for the Chocolate Frogs and Peppermint Toads!
- If driving, follow the brown traffic signs to the site as you approach, signed for ‘Warner Bros. Studio Tour’.
- Parking is free in the car park directly outside the Studio Tour and Blue Badge bays are available. You'll need your booking confirmation ready on approach to the parking site.
- The nearest railway station is Watford Junction. If travelling from London, there is a direct 20-minute service from London Euston; a one-hour service is also available from Birmingham New Street. There is a shuttle service available from the station to the studio.
- You can travel to the Studio Tour by bus from central London and Birmingham; Warner Bros. Studio Tour recommends using the service of Golden Tours.