Willows Activity Farm
- Willows Farm is a magical activity village, just outside North London in St Albans. Here the whole family can enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Hertfordshire and lots of fun activities.
- With a Peter the Rabbit adventure playground, full of exciting rides and farmyard friends, this is perfect for Peter the Rabbit fans.
- Don't miss out on the Peter the Rabbit shows, guaranteeing hours of entertainment. Make sure you meet the whole crew at the Jeremy Fisher's Music Pond or Lily Bobtail's Nature Discovery Area.
- Willows Farm offers activity days for children, day nursery and pre-school and holiday events.
Willows Activity Farm is fantastic for a family day out, especially if the sun is out and shining! They offer plenty of activities and events for the family. There are sandpits to play in, mini JCBs to roll around in, tractor and trailer rides, a country fun fair, adventure trails, a soft play area and so much more. The Peter Rabbit adventure playground focuses on learning through interactive and imaginative play, which is great for so many ages.
On top of this, Willows Farm provides the chance for kids to feed and handle the animals safely in the petting farm. It's a gentle and introductory way to show little kids what different types of wildlife. After meeting the alpaca and sheep, they can go on an egg hunt! There's so much to do; they'll never want to leave.
Willows Farm is a special place offering Nursery and pre-school for the little ones. Willows Farm Day Nursery will motivate the young ones to engage with the countryside from the earliest of ages. On supervised visits to Willows Farm and within the Nursery, children are encouraged to develop their language skills, enjoy early maths, undertake creative play and touch and see the animals on the farm.
Similarly, there are plenty of fun and educational activities for pre-schoolers which are led by qualified practitioners. The programme structure for the activities is rich and varied, including a focus on music, creative play and gardening and science experiments. Packed with learning experiences, the childcare provided operates on a 'planning in the moment' mentality, where spontaneity is embraced, to turn any play activity into a learning activity.
Don't miss out on the tractor ride with Tristan the Tractor and Tilly the trailer, which is about a five-minute tractor ride in the surrounding field area. The ride was bumpy sometimes, and if it has rained, maybe you'll go through a few puddles, but it's great fun.
Willows Farm also offers an Activity Day Camp, which provides holiday childcare from 8 am to 6 pm (inclusive of early and late clubs), with the typical day running from 8.30am to 5.30pm. Some of the fun at Willows Activity Farm includes The Peter Rabbit Theatre, Captain Chicken Egg Dodge, the Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground, Mr Tod's Lair, Trampolines and farmyard animal care, where they can feed and pet the animals. The indoor play area is always a hit with the children, offering fun and stimulating activities in the exclusive base rooms. Lunch and a two-course hot meal, plus drinks and snacks, are included in the day. Childcare vouchers are accepted and half days are available too.
What to know before you go
- Toilets are open, and there are great baby changing facilities, most toilets large enough to fit a pushchair in too.
- There are places to eat on site with catering units, a canteen, plus picnics are welcome. Some of the food options include the Farmhouse BBQ, Woolly Jumpers Coffee Shop, Curly Tail's Café and more.
- As a countryside location, the paths and walkways at Willows Farm can be uneven, and so they require care to navigate. The pathways may not always be suitable for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility but can be accessed with care.
- Assistance and guide dogs only are allowed on site.
- Several car parks are offering free parking, including a hard standing car park with designated disabled parking bays.
- If travelling via public transport, there is no convenient drop off points and you will be required to walk approximately 0.6 miles from the nearest bus stop, which features some uneven pathways.
- Via train, use the exit on the mainline at St Albans and walk into the town centre, and take the bus route 84.
- Via Tube, you should exit at High Barnet and then bus route 84 as above.
- Via Bus, take the bus route 84, for St Albans and exit at The Bull public House, Barnet Road, London Colney, which is close to the Colney Fox Hotel and opposite Lowbell Lane. Then Walk up Lowbell Lane till you find the Farm Office. Walk further than the gate and walk until you arrive near one of the car parks, walk through the car park and turn left where you will see the entrance to Willows Activity Farm directly in front of you.
- There is car parking on site, with five disabled car parking spots available on both grass and hard parking areas.