Woodlands Family Theme Park
Please be aware of government guidelines before setting off.Government Guidelines
- Visit Woodlands Family Theme Park for an action-packed day out, home to an abundance of rides, for non-stop fun.
- The park is home to slides, swings, rollercoasters, bouncy castles, ball pools, jungle gyms, pedal boats, Ferris Wheels and Trauma Towers and more, all waiting to be discovered.
- There are ponds and a wildlife sanctuary to explore, plus even more fun rides in the form of a mirror maze, bumper boats, go-karts, plus an army commando course.
- For younger children, there’s a great toddlers play area with a little camper van to explore and enjoy.
- Amidst all the thrilling fun of the amusement park, there’s also a farm filled with exciting animals to discover.
Woodlands Family Theme Park, Totnes, is the largest family theme park in the South West, one of the best theme parks in Devon. This family theme park offers a fantastic variety of family rides and attractions in a gorgeous setting, situated within 100 acres of ancient woodland countryside, and boasting 11 giant play zones. It's always a memorable day, so don't miss out. Join the Woodlands Theme Park Super Hero and sidekick, Super Nutty, as you zoom up sky-high bridges, slide down the rapid Water-coasters in the West and climb the sheer vertical drop of the Avalanche. With 125,000 sq. ft. of indoor fun, too, this woodland theme park will have the kids' imaginations go wild, in the soft play areas, on the thrilling attractions, swooping down the Tornado Toboggan Run and petting some cute ponies.
With 10 impressive play zones, brimming with thrilling rides, slides and attractions for the little ones to enjoy, you won't be short of an unforgettable day. Featuring rides such as Vertigo, the Trauma Tower, Cyclone Canyon Zone, and the Circus Drome Zone, Fantasi Forest Zone, Arctic Zone, Action zone, there's something for everyone to enjoy! From adventures in the water to snowy climates and more, this is a great multi-sensory experience. Why not go wild in the Sea Monster Zone which features a huge swinging ship and toddler area. Or maybe you want to try out your ninja skills at the Ninja Area, with four towers hidden in the woods, can you find all of them? And, with mini-ninja playtime, younger children can also get involved.
Don't let the weather dictate the fun you can have, Woodlands Family Theme Park boasts vast indoor centres that are complete with mega rides, play equipment and thrilling slides. If you're an animal lover, explore the fantastic Zoo-Farm with hundreds of family favourites and exotic animals for you to encounter. You won't want to miss the fascinating flying displays in the Falconry Centre, the slithery snakes in the reptile house, or sika deer in their wild paddock. So, whether you want to pet animals, to meet a master predator, or face your fears at the Big Bug Show, Woodlands leisure park has something for you. If you're after some more animal-loving, playground fun, then check out The Big Sheep in Devon, too, an amusement park meets farm, where the little ones are sure to have a blast.
Woodlands Family Theme Park is the perfect base for all Super Heroes seeking a thrilling day of fun. Don't miss out on the fantastic line up of events from Fizz Pop Science workshops, Titan the Robot, interactive dinosaurs, Halloween themed rides and events, Christmas Grotto and more, whenever you come, they'll be something special on for you. The Woodlands Supastarz are here every school holiday, with plenty of chances to meet the Woodlands hero Ace and super sidekick Nutty in their Superhero Show.
Why not stay at Woodlands, too? You can enjoy camping in Devon at the family campsite, which is located just a stone’s throw from the park, and of course, encircled by stunning countryside landscapes. There's a general store, gift shop, café and everything else you might need. Explore the pretty Devonshire surroundings and wildlife by bike after finding the perfect location to pitch your tent. Moreover, Woodlands Theme Park is conveniently located; just a short drive from Dartmouth, which boasts some wonderful beaches in Torquay, and great scenery of Dartmoor, and the City life of Exeter. For the best relaxing experience enjoy Pedal Boats, as you float through the gorgeous scenery. After, take a breather from speeding down the Toboggan Run to appreciate the Mediterranean gardens in Cyclone Canyon and the Azaleas around the Avalanche Ride.
If you're looking for more activities to do in Devon, be sure to check out nearby Bygones, a recreated Victorian street of quaint shops, a model railway, and a replica wartime trench.
What to know before you go
- Pre-booking tickets is essential.
- There are toilet facilities on site, including accessible toilets and baby changing facilities. The baby changing facilities are quite hidden, so ask a staff member for directions. There is bottle and food heating available in the Empire of the Sea Dragon.
- When you're feeling peckish, there are a great number of places for you to eat, from Ray's Diner, the Chicken and Pizza Parlour, Courtyard Cafe, Love's Grove Cafe, plus some ice-cream kiosks dotted around.
- There are lockers available, and they are located in the Empire of the Sea Dragon, Circus Drome and Loves Grove Cafe.
- No dogs are allowed in the park apart from guide dogs, and kennels are provided on a first come first served basis, they aren't bookable.
- Areas are accessible to visitors with disabilities, and there are clear paths, navigable for wheelchair and pushchair users.
- Some rides involve water – so ensure to bring some spare clothes and put them the lockers.
- Some surfaces can be quite slippery, especially if wet, so wear sensible shoes.
- If travelling via car, you can reach Woodlands Family Theme park via both Southbound and Northbound routes. For southbound routes, From the M5 at Exeter, follow the A38 Southbound towards Plymouth. Take the Buckfastleigh/Totnes exit. For routes from Northbound, follow the A38 from Plymouth take the Avonwick/South Brent exit. Follow the brown tourist signs through Totnes, take the A381 road to Kingsbridge/Dartmouth Road. Turn left at Halwell on to the A3122 road to Dartmouth. Just two miles down the road, Woodlands is on your right. There is an on-site car park, free of charge.
- If travelling via public transport, the Stagecoach 92 Bus Service goes through Totnes and stops outside Woodlands. The nearest train station is Totnes. From the there, you will need to use et the 92 bus service.