- Have a blast on the renowned family rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
- Thrill-seekers will adore the rush of going on one of the 10 amazing roller coasters.
- Kids will love meeting their favourite cartoon characters in the UK's only Nickelodeon Land.
- Don't miss any of the fun shows and events held on the beach that all the family will enjoy.
If you're looking for family fun and things to do in Blackpool, Blackpool Pleasure Beach is the place to go. Founded in 1896 by Alderman William, over the years this location has expanded over 42 acres with 48 fun rides to discover. One of the UK's best theme parks, Blackpool Pleasure Beach offers activities like high-speed roller coasters, water rides, fun family activities, Nickelodeon Land and more! Treat the family and make some unforgettable memories at this fantastic location.
Get that rush of adrenaline with Blackpool Pleasure Beach's thrilling roller coasters. There are ten fast-paced, exciting rides here for visitors to enjoy. Take to the skies with the ICON ride, the UK's first double-launch roller coaster which sends visitors flying along the track at an incredible speed. The world-famous Big Dipper is a fan favourite, or why not check out the oldest ride in Blackpool, the Flying Machines - which have been spinning guests in the air since 1904!
For the younger visitors who are looking for an adventure that packs in the same amount of fun without the fast-paced speed of the thrill rides, there are many other things to see. The little kids will love the spooky-themed roller coasters like the Wallace and Gromit Thrill O' Matic and the haunting Ghost Train. For a more relaxed time, have a look at the Chinese Puzzle Gardens or the Thompson Carousel. All the family will find an activity here to love and enjoy again and again.
Get familiar with the iconic cartoon characters at Nickelodeon Land. Children will love meeting the mascots from their favourite shows and having fun on the many themed rides. Dive down to Bikini Bottom with the Spongebob themed attractions like the Spongebob Splash Bash and the Order Up Krusty Krab coaster. Younger kids will recognise iconic cousins Dora and Diego in the Rainforest Rescue and World Voyage rides.
Make the most of your visit at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, by scheduling in one of the brilliant events that are always taking place here. From pantomimes, to the Nickelodeon Slime Fest and the iconic Hot Ice show, there is always something exciting happening for the whole family to enjoy.
Blackpool Beach is also home to other entertainment features for the family to enjoy. The Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum is home to world records and freaky fun facts that the kids will love learning about. The Pasaje Del Terror will delight horror fans with its terrifying interactive trail. There are even an adventure golf course and an ice rink for a more sports centred day out. With plenty to do here, why not make a weekend of it and spend the night in one of the two highly acclaimed hotels on site?
What to know before you go
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach is open every day from 10am - 7pm until it closes in November for the winter season. The theme park is busiest on Saturdays during the summer months.
- There is an all-you-can-eat food court at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It houses many different food vendors that have a wide selection of food catering to different dietary requirements.
- For those who enjoy fine dining, the White Tower Restaurant is a great place for dinner with a stunning view of the beach.
- Make sure to visit the gift shop - selling unique souvenirs and Nickelodeon-themed toys to visitors.
- Toilets, including baby-changing facilities and wheelchair-accessible toilets, are situated all over the grounds.
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach is mostly accessible to wheelchair users; however, some facilities may not be suitable. There is a wheelchair renting service in place, and disabled visitors can avail of the Easy Pass scheme to avoid long queues.
- Assistance dogs are welcome on site; however, they may not be permitted in some areas.
How to get there
- The closest rail station is Blackpool Pleasure Beach, right outside the amusement park.
- If you are travelling by tram, there is a stop just outside the park's entrance.
- There are five car parks surrounding Blackpool Pleasure Beach with varying price points.