- Treat the family to a day out at 40 acres of family theme park, farm and water park at Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park.
- This all-weather park near Manfield in Nottinghamshire has all your favourite screen characters, including Peppa Pig and Chase and Marshall from PAW Patrol.
- Splash down the wet and wild water slides, jump around in the water fountains and keep your eyes peeled for the bucket tips for the ultimate drenching!
- From out in the paddocks to the Big Red Barn, meet all your favourite animals in the brilliant Animal Adventure Zone.
- Delve into the Land of the Pharaohs Zone and explore ball pools, giant slides, rope swings and towers in the awesome 20,000 sq. ft play centre.
Enjoy limited adventures of family fun at the awesome Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park situated in Farnsfield in the county of Nottinghamshire in the East Midlands region of England. With unlimited entertainment, countless rides and slides and an abundance of animals, the Wheelgate family theme park has a brilliant variety of attractions and family rides set in 40 acres of natural beauty.
Enjoy a full day of excitement exploring different zones of unprecedented and exhilarating indoor play adventures. Delve into the Land of the Pharaohs Zone where you can explore the Hexo Hedge Maze and play on giant trampolines, bouncy castles, rope swings, towers and huge slides. For kids under five years old, there is a brilliant toddlers play area. Venture into the Alien Galaxy Zone and blast into outer space on the Launch Tower. There is also a brilliant craft's corner, sport's pitch, mirror maze and climbing wall. For under fives, there is a Cosmic Cuties play area.
Head outdoors to more exciting attractions and rides in the Black Diamond Mining Zone. Little adventures will love exploring the adventure play park and playing crazy golf. There is also a Mini Mine Coaster, an Astra Glide Racing Slide, a huge jumping pillow and an awesome Victoria carousal.
The outdoor fun continues at the Animal Adventure Zone. See all your favourite farm animals in the Big Red Barn - you can see plenty of ponies, goats, pigs and donkeys. There is even a Baby Animal Barn , which is full of cute pets, from rabbits of every colour and size, to long-coated guinea pigs. Check out the snakes, tarantulas and lizards in the Reptile House, and see if you can spot Ottermus Prime and Harry Otter, the attraction's twin Asian short clawed otters at the Otter Enclosure. At 11am and 2.45pm each day, families can join the farm keepers for an awesome interactive feeding session and ask as many questions about the two otters. And if you want to learn more about animals, from the correct way to hold a rabbit to handing a guinea pig, the keepers will show little animal enthusiasts how to care for their pets in the Handling the Animals Time. Every weekend and during school holidays, little unicorn fans can take a ride on one of the adorable unicorns along the Robin Hood Wheelgate Park woodland.
Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park also boasts the number one Family Falconry Centre in the UK. See a variety of beautiful birds of prey and watch their speed and grace as they fly about in the Falconry Display. The expert falconers will show you how the outlaws hunted and captured prey in medieval times; you'll even get the chance to see a Peregrine falcon, which is able to fly faster than a Ferrari.
A highlight of the theme park is the Robin Hood's Water Park and Splash Land, the largest outdoor water park in the UK. With bucket loads of fun, children and adults can enjoy shooting down the five thrilling water slides. There is even a Splash Shop if you have forgotten anything.
If you are looking for more family-friendly attractions in the area, be sure to visit Sherwood Pines, which is a 15-minute drive away. As well as having the opportunity to camp overnight, there are bushcraft activities, walking trails, cycling trails and play areas available. There is also Go Ape venue in Sherwood Pines. where little explorers can enjoy a treetop adventure.
What to know before you go
- There is an additional charge for unicorn rides. You can purchase a token from the Farm Shack.
- Pick up an activities hand out at admissions to discover what is going on in the Animal Adventure Zone.
- There is are a great number of places to eat throughout Wheelgate Park with a variety of adult and children's meals, from the Rendezvous Cafe at Pharaohs Funderdrome, the Cosmic Kitchen at the Alien Galaxy Zone, Python Pizza at the Tropical Zone, Friar Tucks BBQ Shack and Hansels Ice Cream Shack.
- If you are planning on staying overnight, there are some great options, including a Travelodge at Mansfield, Sherwood Forest cabins, Tattershall Lakes Country Park, Stoke Rochford Hotel in Grantham and Sysonby Knoll Hotel in Melton Mowbray.
- The park is most suited for children aged between 2 and 13.
- Kids aged 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by by an adult.
- Please wear sensible clothing and footwear whilst at Wheelgate Park as this can prohibit you from using certain rides for health and safety reasons.
- It's not possible to take bags and other items on the rides, and there are restrictions on what can be left on the ride platform due to safety and trip hazards.
- Please be aware that some of the rides at the attraction have height, weight and age restrictions and can be physically demanding and vigorous. There are some rides that may use flashing lights, strobe lighting and lighting effects. Wheelgate Park has the right to refuse admission to specific rides.
- There is wheelchair access at Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park. Due to the historic farm grounds, some of the pathways are uneven with a rough terrain. Some areas may be unstable for wheelchair users. Please be aware that not all of the rides are wheelchair accessible and some may have restrictions in place, but the park will do all that is possible to ensure a pleasurable and safe visit.
- Baby-changing facilities are available in the park.
- The rides in Wheelgate Family Theme Park are not recommended whilst pregnant.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are welcome in the park. No other animal or pet is permitted in the park.
- Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park is buggy friendly. It is not possible to take bicycles, roller blades and edgeways into the theme park due to health and safety reasons.
- The nearest train station is Mansfield. It is six and a half miles away and can be reached by taxi within 18 minutes or by bus within 40 minutes. Take the 28, 28b or 29 bus towards Newark and disembark at White Post Farm. Wheelgate Park is a four-minute walk away.
- There are also regular buses from Nottingham (Bay 9) and Victoria bus station in Nottingham to the White Post Roundabout stop, which is 50 metres from Wheelgate Park.
- If you are coming to Wheelgate Park by car, there is free parking. It is not possible to leave the car in the car park outside of the opening hours.
- Permission must be obtained from Wheelgate Park to park a camper van, motor home, caravan or similar in the car park.