Curiosity is the true essence of our existence, answers are derived only when questions are posed.
Only in 1969 did Neil Armstrong, perhaps the most famous astronaut of all, take his first step on the moon, saying, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." Today we have satellites installed in space that helps us forecast the weather on Earth, just one of the plethora of things that astronauts do while in space.
The biggest organization for aeronautics is NASA, it is an independent body of the US Federal Government, responsible for all the civilian space programs. In general, to become an astronaut, one must first become a pilot, often in the U.S. Air Force, before training directly with NASA. Scientists in various disciplines have acquired knowledge and helped to unravel the mysteries of our world, however, the souls of our soil who face serious danger and dedicate their lives to the search beyond the earth become heroes. Feed your nerdy souls with some of our famous astronaut quotes or if you are a fan of NASA.
You may also go enjoy [sun and moon quotes] and star quotes.
Best Space Quotes
Here is a list of best space quotes you may enjoy.
1. "Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."
2. "Words of wisdom are spoken by children at least as often as scientists."
3. "There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief."
4. "One truth I have discovered for sure: when you believe that all things are possible and you are willing to work hard to accomplish your goals, you can achieve the next 'impossible' dream. No dream is too high!"
5. "Your mind is like a parachute: if it isn't open, it doesn't work."
6. "I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul … we're required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream."
7. "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."
8. "Fix your little problem and light this candle."
9. "The dream is alive."
10. “I felt pride that I was a part of this, and also wonder how NASA managed to do it without a glitch. They did it. We did it. It was really kind of a relief.”
Space Exploration And Astronaut Quotes About Earth
Explore these quotes and feed your space curiosity.
11. "Even though I didn't make it to the moon, my machines did."
12. "Here, men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon July 1969, A.D. We came in peace for all mankind."
- Neil Armstrong.
13. "I believe that this Nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to earth."
-John F. Kennedy.
14. "The scenery was very beautiful, but I didn't see the Great Wall."
- Yang Liwei.
15. “The Lunar landing of the astronauts is more than a step in history; it is a step in evolution.”
-'The New York Times Editorial', 20 July, 1969.
16. "Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."
17. “It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.”
― Neil Armstrong.
18. “I looked and looked but I didn't see God."
― Yuri Gagarin.
19. "The biggest technical challenge to sending astronauts on farther and longer missions is biomedical: how do we keep them healthy?"
20. "We had been told many times that astronauts would not make any mistakes. They were trained to be perfect."
-Margaret H. Hamilton.
Rebellious Quotes By Sally Ride
Sally Ride is an empowering female astronaut who became a role model for many youngsters. Enjoy reading Sally Ride quotes.
21. "The stars don't look bigger, but they look brighter."
22. "I think that the two things that almost any astronaut would describe [as most fun about being in space] are the weightlessness and the view of Earth. Weightlessness is just a lot of fun!"
23. "All adventures, especially into new territory, are scary."
24. "Yes, I did feel a special responsibility to be the first American woman in space."
25. "Even though NASA tries to simulate launch, and we practice in simulators, it's not the same - it's not even close to the same."
26. "The most anxious time was during launch, just because that is so dramatic."
27. "I think it's important for little girls growing up, and young women, to have one in every walk of life. So from that point of view, I'm proud to be a role model!"
World's Best Movie Quotes From 'Apollo 13'
'Apollo 13' featuring Tom Hanks has stolen millions of hearts with his performance. The movie stirs the spirit of any astronomy enthusiast.
28: "I have never lost an American in space, sure as heck aren't going to lose one now. This crew is coming home. You got to believe it. Your team must believe it. And we must make it happen."
-'Apollo 13', 1995.
29. "Our mission was called 'a successful failure', in that we returned safely but never made it to the moon. In the following months, it was determined that a damaged coil built inside the oxygen tank sparked during our cryo stir and caused the explosion that crippled the Odyssey."
-'Apollo 13', 1995.
30. “From now on, we live in a world where man has walked on the moon. And it's not a miracle, we just decided to go.”
-'Apollo 13', 1995.
31. “NASA Director: This could be the worst disaster NASA's ever experienced.
Gene Kranz: With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.”
- 'Apollo 13', 1995.
32. “Congressman: Now Jim, people in my state keep asking why we're continuing to fund this program now that we've beaten the Russians to the moon.
Jim Lovell: Imagine if Christopher Columbus had come back from the New World and no one returned in his footsteps.”
-'Apollo 13', 1995.
Memorable Quotes Of Space Travel
Miles away from the world of humanity in a closed space shuttle, astronauts toiled to create history on the lunar surface. Elon Musk dreams to create habitation million miles away on the surface of Mars, it was only recently that men walked on the surface of the moon, and it wouldn't be list of space quotes without a Neil Armstrong quote! Here are some of the best space mission quotes.
33. “I really believe that if the political leaders of the world could see their planet from a distance of, let’s say 100,000 miles, their outlook would be fundamentally changed. The all-important border would be invisible, that noisy argument suddenly silenced.”
– Michael Collins.
34. “You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty.”
― Edgar Mitchell.
35. “The desire to live life to its fullest, to acquire more knowledge, to abandon the economic treadmill, are all typical reactions to these experiences in altered states of consciousness. The previous fear of death is typically quelled.”
― Edgar Mitchell.
36. "I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
37. "When I first looked back at the Earth, standing on the Moon, I cried.”
38. “Frequently on the lunar surface I said to myself, ‘this is the moon, that is the earth. I’m really here, I’m really here!'”
– Alan Bean.
39.“The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena.”
- Carl Sagan.
40. “The greatest enemy of progress is the illusion of knowledge.”
Funny Astronaut Quotes
Exploring the universe seems fascinating and astronauts spend their entire life training for their outer space journey. Here are few funny quotes from their journey as an astronaut.
41. “The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.”
– Konstantin Tsiolkovsky.
42. “Space is for everybody. It’s not just for a few people in science or math, or for a select group of astronauts. That’s our new frontier out there, and it’s everybody’s business to know about space.”
– Christa McAuliffe.
43. “To some, this may look like a sunset. But it’s a new dawn.”
– Chris Hadfield.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for astronaut quotes then why not take a look at [moon landing quotes], or [outer space quotes]?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.