The Torah is the first five books of the Old Testament.
For quotes about Judaism, the Torah provides the perfect solution. Also, providing inspirational Jewish quotes is the Talmud, which is the main source of rabbinic Judaism.
The Talmud wisdom is seen through Talmudic sayings, Talmud quotes on friendship, Talmud marriage quotes, Talmud quotes about success, Talmud quotes about love, and quotes about Jewish education. However, here we'll be focusing on the Torah. The Torah is an important source of the best Hebrew quotes and Jewish quotes about leadership, wisdom and strength. In the Torah, you will also find many Tzedakah quotes which is the Hebrew concept of righteousness. Inspirational Hebrew quotes from the Torah may help Rabbis by providing great Rabbi quotes and Jewish teacher quotes. Scroll down for that Torah verse and Torah passage that may help now and the people to come by giving them inspirational Hebrew words.
Best Torah Quotes About Love
These are the famous Torah quotes on love that may help with the loved ones in your life.
1. "There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land."
- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 15:11.
2. "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."
- Leviticus (Wayiqra) 19:18.
3. "If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need."
- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 15:7 to 15:8.
4. "Then Moses said, 'Now show me your glory.' And the Lord said, 'I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.'"
- Exodus (Shemot) 33:18 to 33:19.
5. "And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, 'The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.'"
- Exodus (Shemot) 34:6.
Wise Torah Quotes About Family
Check out the famous Jewish Torah quotes on family in this list.
6. "Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, 'Abraham!' 'Here I am,' he replied. Then God said, 'Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.'"
- Genesis (Bereshith) 22:1 and 22:2.
7. "Even if their own father or mother or brother or sister dies, they must not make themselves ceremonially unclean on account of them, because the symbol of their dedication to God is on their head."
- Numbers (Bamidbar) 6:7.
8. "Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."
- Exodus (Shemot) 20:12.
Wonderful Torah Quotes About Helping Others
Here are some Jewish quotes about helping others and Jewish quotes about giving.
9. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 31:6.
10. "If you see your fellow’s ox or sheep straying, do not ignore it; you must take it back to your fellow."
- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 22:1.
11. "In your unfailing love, you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength, you will guide them to your holy dwelling."
- Exodus (Shemot) 15:13.
12. "If any of your people—Hebrew men or women—sell themselves to you and serve you six years, in the seventh year you must let them go free. And when you release them, do not send them away empty-handed. Supply them liberally from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to them as the Lord your God has blessed you."
- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 15:12 to 15:14.
Torah Quotes About Peace
Scroll down for some Torah peace quotes. These will surely bring you some peace and calm.
13. "They answered, 'We saw clearly that the Lord was with you; so we said, ‘There ought to be a sworn agreement between us’—between us and you. Let us make a treaty with you that you will do us no harm, just as we did not harm you but always treated you well and sent you away peacefully. And now you are blessed by the Lord."
- Genesis (Bereshith) 26:28 to 26:29.
14. "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."
- Numbers (Bamidbar) 6:24 to 6:26.
15. "I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove wild beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country."
- Leviticus (Wayiqra) 26:6.
Torah Quotes About Life
Read this list for some amazing Torah verses about strength and Jewish quotes on life to help you in the world to come.
16. "On six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the Lord."
- Exodus (Shemot) 35:2.
17. "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God commanded the man, 'You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.'"
- Genesis (Bereshith) 2:15 to 2:17.
18. "The people rise like a lioness; they rouse themselves like a lion that does not rest till it devours its prey and drinks the blood of its victims."
- Numbers (Bamidbar) 23:24.
19. "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
- Exodus (Shemot) 20:11.
20. "God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day."
- Genesis (Bereshith) 1:5.
21. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light."
- Genesis (Bereshith) 1:1 to 1:3.
22. "The Lord said to Moses, 'Say to the Israelites: Any man or woman who wrongs another in any way and so is unfaithful to the Lord is guilty 7 and must confess the sin they have committed. They must make full restitution for the wrong they have done, add a fifth of the value to it and give it all to the person they have wronged.'"
- Numbers (Bamidbar) 5:5 to 5:7.
23. "But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you."
- Leviticus (Wayiqra) 18:26 to 18:28.
24. "He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life. "
- Genesis (Bereshith) 3:24.
25. "For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life."
- Leviticus (Wayiqra) 17:11.
26. "God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good."
- Genesis (Bereshith) 1:16 to 1:18.
Torah Quotes About God
Here are some famous Hebrew quotes and Hebrew phrases about God.
27. "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.'"
- Exodus (Shemot) 3:14.
28. "You shall have no other gods before me."
- Exodus (Shemot) 20:3.
29. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
- Genesis (Bereshith) 1:26.
30. "God is not a human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"
- Numbers (Bamidbar) 23:19.
31. "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts."
- Deuteronomy (Devarim) 6:4 to 6:9.
32. "You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own."
- Leviticus (Wayiqra) 20:26.
33. "I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
- Genesis (Bereshith) 12:2 to 12:3.
34. “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."
- Exodus (Shemot) 20:4 to 20:6.
35. "A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD."
- Leviticus (Wayiqra) 27:30.
Jewish Community Quotes About The Torah
There are many quotes from the Jewish community about the significance of the Torah.
36. "Torah is not just a book, not just a bunch of laws, and not just a history, but so much more. The Torah is a way of life to learn and live, and when studied, a spiritual way to understand life as well as providing instructions on getting closer to Adonai (God)."
- Laura Weakley, author of a number of books on Torah.
37. "I think part of being Jewish is that innate desire to question things. Rabbis sit around all day and question the Torah. Giving yourself the room to question things, in a religion, just breeds thinking."
- Iliza Shlesinger, comedian and actress.
38. "The sages advise us to study Torah lishma-'for its own sake' rather than to impress others with our scholarship. A paradox of parenting is that if we love our children for their own sake rather than for their achievements, it's more likely that they will reach their true potential."
- Wendy Mogel, 'The Blessing Of A Skinned Knee: Using Jewish Teachings To Raise Self-Reliant Children' (2001).
39. "The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence."
- Meir Kahane, 'Selected Writings By Meir Kahane From The Year 5732-33 (1971-73)'.
40. "The law envisions a different kind of life, characterized by self-discipline and self-giving love. Imagine a community where every member actively worked to love and protect their neighbor!"
-Carmen Joy Imes, 'Bearing God's Name: Why Sinai Still Matters'(2019).
41. "I don't think you could pull one Bob Marley song that didn't have quotes from the Torah or the Old Testament."
- Matisyahu, American musician.
42. "The religious Jew is to study Torah for the sake of studying Torah. Torah lishmah. The ingenuity of the edict, I realized was that it relieved you of the obligation to be qualified. You studied because you had to study, and those who taught had to take you as a student."
-Judith Shulevitz, 'The Sabbath World: Glimpses Of A Different Order Of Time'(2010).
43. "The Jewish tradition presents itself as the greatest revelation of God's truth that can be known in the world. That is why we call ourselves 'the chosen people.' It is not that we choose ourselves. It means that we have been elected by God and given the Torah."
- David Novak, Jewish theologian.
44. "It's no coincidence that the word 'holiday' suggests a holy day, or that the longest book in the Torah concerns the Sabbath. If you wish to advance in any sphere, the best way is to take a retreat."
- Pico Iyer, in a CNN article in 2015.
45. "I cling to this notion now because it is what allows me to feel a connection to a vast body of knowledge of which I am not master, much as I am able to live in a society bursting with information that I will never wholly comprehend. I take comfort from a lesson that seems implicit in the Talmud itself, which is that not knowing Torah is part of the lesson of Torah."
- Jonathan Rosen, 'The Talmud And The Internet: A Journey Between Worlds' (2000).
46. "Empires came and went while we, the Jewish people, persecuted relentlessly, facing expulsions and pogroms and the Holocaust, survived. We survived thanks to the Torah and faith in the Lord."
- Eli Yishai, Israeli politician.
47. "But every soul has a Torah. To hear another say Torah is a precious gift. For each soul, by the time of his or her final hour, the Torah is complete, the teaching done."
- Lawrence Kushner, 'God Was In This Place And I, I Did Not Know' (1991).
48. "The giving of the Torah is a story of God seeking to provide humanity with the opportunity to make moral decisions."
- Meir Soloveichik, 'The Virtue Of Hate' (2003).
49. "We must not become so overly obsessed with the minute details of the Torah that we neglect the more important parts. However, we also must not say that the “less important” parts of the Torah aren’t important at all."
- David Wilber, 'When Faith Works: Living Out The Law Of Liberty According to James'(2019).
50. "There is a very beautiful expression in the Hebrew language that's borrowed from spoken Torah... 'All is predicted, and permission is given at any point to change anything.'"
- Neri Oxman, Israeli-American designer.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Torah Quotes, then why not take a look at Abraham Joshua Heschel quotes, or Faith in God quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.