Those who are born under Scorpio are known to be intense, mysterious, passionate, and highly intuitive.
They are also known to be overprotective of those they love. Although they are unquestionably one of the most intense of all zodiac signs, they are extremely loyal and good to have around.
If you want to learn all about the Scorpio sign and Scorpio traits, then you've come to the right place. Some of these facts might shock you, and some may simply just make you smile.
Facts About The Astrological Sign Scorpio
If you're not a fan of astrology, then it is best to take everything you read with an open mind and have fun learning more about Scorpio traits. Although it is not a science, astrology has gained millions of followers over the decades, and for a good reason. Here are some interesting facts you need to know about the Scorpio sign, according to the stars and planets.
1. The Scorpio sign is a sign for November and the eighth sign of the zodiac. November and December are the months of Scorpio Season.
2. The dates for Scorpio are those that are born on or between the dates 23 October to 21 November.
3. As you can probably guess by its name, those born under the Scorpio zodiac have been believed to mimic the personality of a scorpion.
4. It is part of the water signs of the zodiac, together with the zodiac signs Cancer and Pisces.
5. The zodiac sign Scorpio is ruled by two planets: Mars, the planet of war and action and Pluto, the planet of transformation and rebirth.
6. The birthstones of Scorpio are Topaz, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Opal and Tourmaline.
The Personality Of A Scorpio Woman
Out of all the water signs, Scorpio women are known to be the ones who aren't afraid to show the most depth and emotion. The Scorpion characteristics depicted by a woman are very emotive. Here are some amazing facts you should know if you have a Scorpio female in your life.
7. A Scorpio woman is fiercely loyal, but only to those who deserve it.
8. She will offer you reliability and safety that a lot of star signs crave in a friend or partner. However, you must prove that you are trustworthy of these traits.
9. There is a good chance that she won't tell you exactly how she feels. However, if something is wrong, it will easily show.
10. Their inner desire, even if they don't realize it themselves, is to guide the people they love to conquer their hidden fears so that they may be able to reach a meaningful transformation.
11. Having a Scorpio girl as a best friend can easily make life more exciting with some crazy adventures and intellectual conversations.
The Traits Of A Scorpio Man
When they decide to trust you, a Scorpio's love means they will have your back for life, despite their intensity and overprotective nature. Here are some attitudes, beliefs and characteristics of a Scorpio man. If you have one in your life, we're sure the following traits on this list will not come as a surprise to you.
12. A man born under the Scorpio zodiac is a rebel with a cause. They are great at leading, encouraging and inspiring other people.
13. He is set in his ways, values a few relationships and hates being involved in a conflict, but because of the intensity of his emotions, he tends to contradict himself, therefore attracting the very conflict he tries to avoid.
14. When you matter to a Scorpio man, they like to really show you how much they care. There's no room for secrets with them.
15. He is skilled at establishing boundaries and great at respecting others' boundaries as well.
16. A Scorpio man's biggest fear is betrayal. This kind of love problem hits the Scorpio personality much harder compared to the rest of the Zodiac.
Positive Scorpio Characteristics
These October and November zodiac signs are friends for keeps. That is if you learn how to love them the way they need to be loved. The Scorpio zodiac sign is drowning in brutal honesty, mystery and depth.These positive Scorpio traits are worth a read if you are under the Scorpio zodiac yourself, or if you want to find more reasons to have that Scorpio personality and energy around more often.
17. Known to strike the balance between being fiercely independent and extremely sensitive, a Scorpio is a walking contradiction, which isn't always a bad thing.
18. They are very patient, trusting and loyal. They would make great partners even for long distance relationships.
19. Once they have their mind set towards a certain goal or outcome, they remain motivated and headstrong until they achieve what they want.
20. With a Scorpio, what you see is what you get. They mean everything they say, even if it reaches a point of being too blunt.
21. They are hardworking, efficient workers who are pros at multitasking.
22. A Scorpio pays close attention to detail, loves to read people's minds and finding out what makes them tick, even if they seem aloof on the outside.
23. The Scorpio zodiac sign is adventurous and there will rarely be any dull moments with them.
24. Scorpios absorb the things you tell them like a sponge and will surprise you by knowing the little details later on. You will be pleasantly surprised to know that they have been listening to you all this time.
25. They are persistent, independent freethinkers who are usually succeeding in whatever they decide to set their minds to.
26. All someone needs to do to maintain a lifelong relationship with a Scorpio is to be honest, upfront and transparent.
Negative Scorpio Characteristics
Like the yin has yang, there are also some Scorpio traits that disrupt the balance of good and bad, and which they need to improve. This does not necessarily make them bad people, and of course many of these are stereotypes and do not apply to all Scorpios! These elements of scorpio personalities can be their downfall.
27. They seem to always be cool and collected, but if you upset them, prepare for a long and invisible war.
28. Once you break a Scorpio's trust, it might be impossible to get it back.
29. Dishonesty, deception and lying cut a Scorpio deeper than any other zodiac sign. They will react with harshness and willingness to hurt your feelings back.
30. Some people with this zodiac sign may be exhausting to be around. This is because Scorpios want those around them to match their level of intensity.
31. Scorpios tend to be confrontational yet at the same time, they hate drama. This can confuse other people.
32. They are quite mysterious and distant to strangers or those they do not like, which can sometimes make it hard for them to make genuine connections.
33. They have a tendency to hold grudges and cut ties easier than any other water sign, or zodiac sign for that matter.
34. They have a need for control that could get a bit out of hand, especially for the younger and less mature Scorpios.
35. They do not have the patience to listen to people who create drama for no substantial reason at all.
36. Sometimes, Scorpios become too selective and only want to be surrounded by those who inspire them and no one else.
37. They are infuriated with passive-aggressive and non-conforming types because of their need to have full control of every single situation in their life.
38. Scorpios can be quite stubborn. They refuse to admit they are wrong and fail to see things from another's point of view from time to time.
Surprising Facts About World Famous Scorpios
These celebrities born under the sign of Scorpio are passionate, successful and really talented artists. From some of your favorite movie stars to one of the richest men on earth, below are some interesting facts about these famous Scorpios. If you are born under the sign Scorpio, know that sharing the same zodiac sign with these public figures means that you too, can achieve great success in anything you put your heart into.
39. When he's not acting, the 'Joker' star Joaquin Phoenix spends his time creating change as an environmentalist and animal rights activist. But did you know that Joaquin Phoenix has been following a vegan diet since he was four-years-old? According to our research, this is true. He is also a Scorpio.
40. The muse of Halloween cult classics 'Edward Scissorhands', 'Beetlejuice', and now 'Stranger Things', there is no doubt that Winona Ryder is the ultimate Halloween Queen. She is also a Scorpio.
41. David Schwimmer, better known as Ross Geller from the sitcom 'Friends' is a November sign Scorpio. He is turning 54 this year.
42. Comedy and action films are his specialities, but offscreen he is a family man, martial arts expert and entrepreneur. One thing's for sure, the Scorpio traits are strong with Ryan Reynolds.
43. Billionaire Tech Mogul Bill Gates is also a Scorpio, and he just turned 65 this year.
44. Model Kendall Jenner and her parents Kris and Caitlyn Jenner are all Scorpios.
45. Julia Roberts is a certified Scorpio woman. This may be a reason why people are so drawn by her charisma and inspired by her realness.
46. Leonardo De Caprio is another famous Scorpio. That may explain why he enjoys playing these mysterious and intense characters.
47. Another Scorpio Hollywood heartthrob is Ryan Gosling who is turning 40 this year.
48. From playing a goofy and relatable teenage princess to more intense roles like the Queen Of Hearts in 'Alice In Wonderland' and Fantine in 'Les Misérables', Anne Hathaway has transformed from a Scorpio girl to woman right before our eyes.
More Scorpio Facts That Are Too Cool Not To Publish
Here are more interesting and quirky Scorpio zodiac traits and attitudes, as well as the best matches for the Scorpio zodiac sign and facts about Scorpio love.
49. Scorpios tend to get along more with their fellow water signs Cancer, Pisces and other Scorpios. A person with the Scorpio zodiac sign could happily marry any one of these zodiac signs.
50. Earth sign Taurus is also a good zodiac sign match for Scorpio. This is because the zodiac signs are polar opposites and balance each other out.
51. The most incompatible pair for a Scorpio would be the signs Gemini, Aquarius and Sagittarius, as all three signs cannot tolerate signs who have the need to control. Ironically, this is one of the most common Scorpio traits.
52. Aries and Scorpio may not be a match made in heaven, but both of them are filled with intensity and passion. They will either hate each other or love each other immensely. There is no in between.
53. Scorpios tend to stick to hobbies that require them to be active and close to nature like water sports or skateboarding.
54. A great, positive affirmation for the Scorpio zodiac sign can be: "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul".
55. At their worst or most challenging times, their mantra would be: "I trust nobody unless my intuition says otherwise."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly facts for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Scorpio facts then why not take a look at these zodiac facts, or love facts?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.