Fun Bala Shark Facts For Kids
- What type of animal is a bala shark?
- What class of animal does a bala shark belong to?
- How many bala sharks are there in the world?
- Where does a bala shark live?
- What is a bala shark's habitat?
- Who do bala sharks live with?
- How long does a bala shark live?
- How do they reproduce?
- What is their conservation status?
- What do bala sharks look like?
- How cute are they?
- How do they communicate?
- How big is a bala shark?
- How fast can a bala shark swim?
- How much does a bala shark weigh?
- What are the male and female names of the species?
- What would you call a baby bala shark?
- What do they eat?
- Are they dangerous?
- Would they make a good pet?
- Did you know..
- How did bala sharks get their name and what other names do they have?
- Are bala sharks endangered?
Bala Shark Facts
What Did They Prey On?Insects, some crustaceans, pellets, flakes, and plant parts
What Type of Animal were they?Omnivore
Average Litter Size?N/A
How Much Did They Weigh?N/A
What habitat Do they Live In?fast-flowing rivers and streams
Where Do They Live?southeast asia
How Long Were They?14 in (35.56 cm)
How Tall Were They?N/A
Scientific NameBalantiocheilus melanopterus
What Do They Look Like?Gray, black, and yellow
Skin TypeWet and slimy scales
What Are Their Main Threats?overfishing and habitat degradation
What is their Conservation Status?Vulnerable
We Want Your Photos!
More for You
1) Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising. We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the Buy Now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published but we cannot guarantee that on the time of reading. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
2) At Kidadl, we strive to recommend the very best activities and events. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability. Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
3) Because we are an educational resource, we have quotes and facts about a range of historical and modern figures. We do not endorse the actions of or rhetoric of all the people included in these collections, but we think they are important for growing minds to learn about under the guidance of parents or guardians.