Fire Coral Facts
- What type of animal is a Fire Coral?
- What class of animal does a Fire Coral belong to?
- How many Fire Corals are there in the world?
- Where does a Fire Coral live?
- What is a Fire Coral's habitat?
- Who do Fire Corals live with?
- How long does a Fire Coral live?
- How does it reproduce?
- What is its conservation status?
- What do Fire Corals look like?
- How cute are they?
- How does it communicate?
- How big are Fire Corals?
- Can Fire Corals move?
- How much do Fire Corals weigh?
- What are their male and female names of the species?
- What would you call a baby Fire Coral?
- What does it eat?
- Is it harmful?
- Would it make a good pet?
- Did you know...
- How does fire coral sting?
- How to cure fire coral rash?
Fire Coral Facts
What Did They Prey On?Zooplankton, copepods, brine shrimps
What Type of Animal were they?Meat
Average Litter Size?Unknown
How Much Did They Weigh?Unknown
What habitat Do they Live In?tropical and subtropical oceans, seas
Where Do They Live?the red and caribbean sea, pacific, atlantic, indian oceans
How Long Were They?78.7-118.1 in (200-300 cm)
How Tall Were They?(30.4-300 cm)
Scientific NameSea ginger: Millepora alcicornis Blade fire coral: Millepora complanata Net fire coral: Millepora dichotoma Millepora boschma Millepora latifolia
What Do They Look Like?Brown, yellow-green, orange
Skin TypeBranching, box skeletons with pores and hair
What Are Their Main Threats?phyllidia nudibranchs, humans, the crown of thorns starfish
What is their Conservation Status?Millepora alcicornis: Least Concern Millepora complanata: Least Concern Millepora boschma: Critically Endangered Millepora latifolia: Vulnareble Millepora dichotoma: Least Concern
We Want Your Photos!
More for You
1) Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising. We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the Buy Now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published but we cannot guarantee that on the time of reading. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
2) At Kidadl, we strive to recommend the very best activities and events. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability. Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
3) Because we are an educational resource, we have quotes and facts about a range of historical and modern figures. We do not endorse the actions of or rhetoric of all the people included in these collections, but we think they are important for growing minds to learn about under the guidance of parents or guardians.