Get inspiration for days at home!
Subscribe for epic craft projects, kid-friendly workouts, riddles and more
Being a grandpa is an important (and often funny) task!
While some Grandpas are funnier than others, these old-timey jokes are something that can surely make them laugh a little about their journey of going from being a boy to a man to, now, a grandpa. Nothing can keep a family happy and lively together like some good old grandpa jokes because everyone can relate to them some way or the other.
Grandparents don't just give us a reason to laugh because of their behavior at times but also, make us the reason for their laughter. If you are looking for some grandparent jokes to make the old man laugh with some grandpa humor, below are some funny jokes for grandparents that also include a list of quite relatable jokes about grandparents that will make them burst into fits of laughter. If you want to know what some funniest grandpa puns and jokes are, you'll get an answer that relates to their hearing aid, eyesight, teeth, and some grandma tricks that will make funny grandpa jokes for them. After all, who can have such a grand sense of humor except grandpas!
Funny Jokes To Tell Your Grandpa You Made Based On Them
Grandfathers are just elder versions of fathers who'd help you make some crazy things and save you from your parent's wrath too. So sharing the silly things that they used to do and say will surely make for an occasion full of laughter. Here are a few that you can share with him and get him to laugh out loud at too.
1. What are the two things your grandpa doesn't like about you as a little boy? One, you don't want to sleep in the afternoon. Two, you won't let him take a nap either.
2. Why did grandpa's origami business go out? Because it folded.
3. What would a lawnmower grandfather's epitaph be like? 'Now he's lawn-gone'.
4. Why do you think grandpa says that he was made upside down? Because his feet smell and his nose is always running.
5. What did grandpa call the movie 'avatar'? Smurfs for the grown-ups.
6. Why did dad put wheels on grandpa's rocking chair? Because grandpa wanted to Rock-n-Roll.
7. Why didn't anyone listen to my warning about the Titanic drowning? My grandfather replied, "Because you were in the theater, little boy".
8. What happens when a boy, his father, and grandpa laugh so hard that they pee their pants? You get to know that it runs in their jeans.
9. What is grandpa's bedtime? One hour after falling asleep on his rocking chair.
10. Who is the one that chimes every one hour? A grandfather, who's like the clock.
11. Why did grandpa tell the ghosts about his shirt size? Because he was the medium.
12. Why did Grandpa get banned from the zoo? Because he had a lion's heart.
13. Why did grandpa like to wear glasses while collecting take out for dinner? He goes to pick up the dinner with a contact-less drive-through.
14. What did grandpa say after reading 'Karaoke Tonight' at a restaurant? He just asked what sort of fish that was.
15. What does grandpa do when you tell him to change his hearing aid? He doesn't listen.
16. What do people call grandfather clocks? The old-timers.
17. How would grandpa react when you tell him about online classes? He would say, "Why is your education on the line? How will that work?"
Birthday Jokes For Grandpa
If your grandpa says he's old enough for jokes about him and is going to be okay to laugh about them, then get him to enjoy his old age a little more with age-related jokes. A grandpa joke can be really enjoyable!
18. What did the tall grandpa say to the little boy? You will have to do your own growing boy, my height won't help you with that.
19. Why didn't anyone know where the grandfather was? Because he started walking 10 miles every day since his 65-year-old birthday and now he is 95.
20. Why didn't the grandpa use glasses even when he was an 80-year-old? Because he likes drinking from the bottle.
21. Why did my grandpa get a man in slim-fit jeans drinking an avocado smoothie to come home? Because he was my grandpa's hip replacement; just like my grandpa, but hip!
22. Why do people give a shout-out to their grandpa on their birthdays? Because that is the only way grandpa can hear them.
23. What is the best thing about being 100 years old according to grandpa? Grandpa said, one get's to live without peer pressure.
24. How can God and grandpa be similar? Because they both are old.
25. Why is today the last day that one can see 82-year-old grandpa? Because he would be 83 tomorrow.
26. Why was grandpa counting pennies? Because he was the only one with time and money in his hand.
Grandparent Jokes Perfect For Grandpa
If you know of some jokes to tell your grandparents, make sure to share them with them because nothing will make them happier. Check these grandparent jokes that your grandpa will like and want to share too.
27. Why are grandparents and grandchildren always close to each other? They both have a common enemy at the homefront who makes a fuss about eating sweets.
28. Why did grandpa refer to grandma as Insta-gram? Because she was on his speed dial.
29. How did the grandma stop my grandpa's habit of biting his nails after 40 long years? She hid his glass of teeth.
30. Why do you think grandpa says that his wife makes cookies the fastest? Because she just takes nana-seconds to bake them.
31. Why did grandpa like an 'All-you-can-eat' restaurant more than grandma's cooking? Because he could decide when he was full at the restaurant.
32. Why is grandpa always smiling at grandma? Because he cannot hear anything she says and doesn't want to upset her.
33. What did grandma say to grandpa, when he claimed that he let out a silent fart in the church? She said, "Honey, you need to replace the batteries of your hearing aid".
34. Why did grandpa love grandma so much that he called her love, honey, darling even after 60 years of marriage? Because grandpa had forgotten grandma's name.
35. Why did grandma call grandpa spiderman? Because she said, "That boy finds it difficult to get out of the bathtub".
36. Why couldn't grandpa find freedom hen he left to travel abroad? Because he said that grandma followed him and arrived on the very next boat!
37. Why did grandpa say, "Ask grandma for picnic permission"? Because it won't be allowed if grandma said no!
38. From what did grandpa say he suffered a high degree of stress? From grandma.
39. Why did the grandchild call grandpa a hipster? Because grandma told him, hipsters buy clothes from thrift shops, wear glasses that are thick, and look different.
40. What did grandpa name the Italian restaurant he started in grandma's memory? Pasta Way!
41. How does grandpa refer to grandma when she feels all crabby? Hey there, old bae!
Relatable Grandpa Jokes
Grandpa's stories and actions are always relatable for everyone in the family. Check these habitually inspired funny grandpa jokes to make everyone in the family laugh.
42. Why did grandpa have the dog beside him always? So that he could blame the dog day in and out for all his gas leaks.
43. Why did grandpa like spending more time with the grandchildren? Because he got to play with toys that he couldn't have.
44. Why did grandpa spend only one hour with the grandchildren? Because one hour with them and he felt like a young fellow, more than that he said he feels drastically old.
45. What confirmed the fact that grandpa should retire? When he stopped lying about his age and switched to boasting about it.
46. What did grandpa say when everyone told him my father looked like him? He said, "He's a poor guy, don't worry he'll grow out of it".
47. What does grandpa say when a waiter asks about the food at the restaurant? He points at our finished plates and confirms, "They almost didn't like it."
48. What did the lawyer grandfather say to the waiter who wrote the bill at the cash counter? Whoever writes it, pays for it.
49. What did the grandpa say when he couldn't understand his grandson's jokes? He yelled, "Back in my days, at least jokes made sense!"
50. How are stars and fake teeth alike according to my grandfather? My grandfather said, "These two come out only during the night."
51. Why did the grandpa say no to local anesthetic on the day of the operation? Because he was looking forward to an imported one.
52. Why didn't grandpa like the new walking shoes? Because he unwrapped them and kept looking but they didn't walk on their own so he thought they were broken.
53. How did grandpa react when his grandson told him he wanted to go abroad to study? He said, "You sure got to study lots of boards".
54. Why did grandpa yell 'gallons, liters, pints' the day after the Christmas party? Because he likes to speak in volumes.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly jokes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Grandpa Jokes then why not take a look at Thanksgiving Puns, or Happy Birthday Puns.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.