Get inspiration for days at home!
Subscribe for epic craft projects, kid-friendly workouts, riddles and more
Imagination has no limits, and each time an author crosses a new height of imagination, a great book is made.
Being a children's book author is no easy task. Kids are hard to impress, but Dr. Seuss's books have been loved throughout generations.
Theodor Seuss Geisel, the American children's author, had written 60 books under his pen name Suess. His books have been translated into more than 20 languages. The most famous of the characters we love is the 'Grinch'. His book on how the grinch stole Christmas has been made into movies for children and adults. Dr. Seuss got most of his story ideas by doodling. If you loved our Book trivia and The Grinch trivia, you are definitely going to enjoy these fun facts about Dr. Seuss, and his writing career.
Dr.Seuss Trivia For Kids
Dr. Seuss was unique when it came to writing his stories through his ideas. Every book by Dr. Seuss has its own story behind its creation. Have a look! The kids can learn some important facts about Dr. Seuss and all the awards Dr. Seuss won! Have them answer these simple Dr. Seuss questions and answers and real many cool facts about Dr. Seuss and some important facts about Dr. Seuss.
1. Question: How many words do the book 'Green Eggs and Ham' contain?
Answer: 50. On being challenged by his friend, Dr.Seuss wrote the book in just 50 words.
2. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's favorite color?
3. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's real name?
Answer: Theodor Seuss Geisel.
4. Question: How many words did Dr. Seuss invent?
Answer: Dr. Seuss invented the word 'nerd' and 42 other author-invented words.
5. Question: Where did Dr. Seuss get his pen name?
Answer: Dr. Seuss came up with his pen name while studying at Dartmouth College in the U.S.
Dr. Seuss Trivia Game
Did you know that one of his books was inspired by his favorite food? Dr. Seuss had written green eggs and ham on being challenged by his friend to use only 50 words. The book, 'One Fish Twi Fish Red Fish Blue Fish', has unique characters highlighting different perspectives.
6. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's first book?
Answer: 'On Mulberry Street.'
7. Question: Was Dr. Seuss a real doctor?
Answer: No. Dr. Seuss used the abbreviation to honor his father, who had wanted him to study medicine.
8. Question: Which book of Dr.Seuss sold the most copies?
Answer: 'Green Eggs and Ham' sold the most.
9. Question: How many books did Dr.Seuss write in total?
10. Question: Where did Dr. Seuss grow up?
Answer: Springfield, Massachusetts.
Dr.Seuss Books Trivia
Among the books Dr. Seuss has written, 'Redfish Bluefish', 'Oh, The Places You'll Go', and 'And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street', are considered best selling and most popular. Dr. Seuss wrote 'The Cat In The Hat' using only 236 different words. His book, 'To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street', was rejected 27 times before being published. Dr, Seuss has written children's books as well as full-length books for adults. Here are some easy Dr. Seuss trivia for kids!
11. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's last book for children?
Answer: 'Oh, The Places You'll Go' was his last published book before death.
12. Question: Do all books of Dr. Seuss rhyme?
13. Question: Who finished Dr. Seuss's unfinished books?
Answer: Cathy goldsmith, who worked with Dr. Seuss, on his last six books, completed his last unfinished book after his death.
14. Question: What was the name of Dr. Seuss's last unfinished book?
Answer: 'What Pet Should I Get'.
15. Question: Which Dr. Seuss books for children are considered the most popular to date?
Answer: 'The Cat In The Hat' and 'Green Eggs And Ham'.
16. Question: How many copies has his book 'The Cat In The Hat' sold?
Answer: 10 million copies.
17. Question: What age group are Dr. Seuss's books intended for?
Answer: three to seven.
18. Question: When was his book, 'And I think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street,' published?
Answer: December 1937.
19. Question: What was his book 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' about?
Answer: It is about how greed could ruin love and community.
20. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's longest book?
Answer: 'The Seven Ladies Godivas' was his longest book. It is no longer in print; it was a full-length adult novel.
Questions About Dr.Seuss
Apart from a children's author, Dr.Seuss was also known for being an illustrator, political cartoonist, animator, and filmmaker. He is known for writing and illustrating 60 books (children and adults) under his pen name. He worked in the United States army film and animation department. He wrote, produced, and animated many productions, both live and animated. He won several awards for his books and productions. Learn more interesting facts about Dr. Seuss with this Dr. Seuss trivia fame and answer these questions about Dr. Seuss to test your knowledge!
21. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's nickname?
22. Question: How many Emmy awards did Dr. Seuss win?
Answer: Dr. Seuss won two Emmy awards for his programme 'Halloween Is Grinch Night' and film 'The Grinch Grinches The Cat In The Hat.'
23. Question: When was Dr. Seuss awarded the Pulitzer Prize?
24. Question: Did Dr. Seuss win an Oscar? Yes or no?
Answer: Yes, Dr. Seuss won an oscar for his animation 'Gerald McBoing-Boing'.
25. Question: How many academy awards did Dr. Seuss win?
Answer: Dr. Seuss won two academy awards.
26. Question: In which year did Dr. Seuss win an Oscar?
27. Question: What color is the cat in the hat's umbrella?
Answer: The umbrella is mostly blue, green or red.
28. Question: What is common in every Dr. Seuss children's book?
Answer: A goldfish.
29 Question: Why did every Dr. Seuss book for children have a goldfish?
Answer: Dr. Seuss had a goldfish when he was younger.
30. Question: Where did Dr. Seuss graduate from?
Answer: Dr. Seuss graduated from Dartmouth College, the USA, in 1925.
31. Question: When did Dr. Seuss receive the Children's Literature Legacy Award?
32. Question: Dr. Seuss was a poet. True or false?
33. Question: Which books of Dr.Seuss' were animated as cartoons?
Answer: 'Green Eggs And Ham' and 'Cat In The Hat'.
34. Question: Which of his works was animated at Warner Bros.?
Answer: 'Horton Hatches The Egg'.
35. Question: What was Dr. Seuss's favorite book?
Answer: 'The Lorax,' the book written by Dr. Seuss himself.
36. Question: What was the full name of his book 'Mulberry Street'?
Answer: 'And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Dr. Seuss trivia then why not take a look at 2000's trivia, or Doctor Who trivia.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.