Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Trusting faith and accepting the Lord, and baptism, is one of the most precious moments for many people.
It brings us great pleasure to carefully select baptism quotes and Bible verses which will prepare you for the special day and your new life after being baptised, so put these quotes onto your baptism card! The following are a collection of quotes and bible verses, sayings, baptism related, many of which come from a Bible verse.
The baptism of an individual is considered to be a great occasion and water baptism is a cause for celebration in Christian households. On such occasion's the priest say, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." We hope this list will surely boost up your energy for an upcoming baptism of a baby, a baptism in the family or the baptism of a loved one. The following is the best set of quotes and verses which will surely make you look forward to the baptism of a close person or your own baptism. You could be looking forward to a christening ceremony, which is basically a name changing ceremony or a baptism which is one of the seven sacraments of Christianity and these quotes would serve you equally well. For all who believe that the Lord looks after you all throughout life and for baptisms, may these quotes give you hope and affirmation.
If you like what you are reading, then why not take a look at [Christian quotes about faith], or [Christian quotes about love].
Quotes About Baptism
Here are some happy baptism quotes for all you good people which will definitely make you excited for the Christening of your baby, plus bible verses and baptism quotes which will surely make you look forward to it. Having faith is important and any Bible verse or quote from here will surely help with that.
1. “Baptism is the initial step of a faithful heart.”
- Max Lucado.
2. “When we were baptized we took upon us not only the name of Christ, but also the law of obedience.”
- Robert D. Hales.
3. “Nothing puts life into men like a dying Savior. A man who knows that he is saved by believing in Christ does not, when he is baptized, lift his baptism into a saving ordinance. In fact, he is the very best protester against that mistake, because he holds that he has no right to be baptized until he is saved.”
- Charles Spurgeon.
4. “God' Spirit is like a ‘living spring.’ It gives life to our journey, heals us, brings love and meaning, Turn to Jesus, a source of goodness.”
- Phil Mitchell.
5. “It would be my joy to baptize you today at our Lake Forest campus of Saddleback Church. Last night I spent 4 hours in our baptism pool baptizing 213 people. Today I start at 9am. Come be baptized! I'll be baptizing as long as it takes.”
- Pastor Rick Warren.
6. "At Baptism, I received grace — that quality that makes me share in the very nature of God."
- Mother Angelica.
7. “There are two sides to this baptism: The first is, you possess the Spirit; The second is that the Spirit possesses you.”
8. “Baptism is faith in action.”
– Watchman Nee.
9. "In order to live a life of holiness, we must first receive new life from God — we must be born from above."
- J. Vernon McGee.
10. “God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them.”
- John H. Aughey.
11. “He who believes and is baptised will be saved.”
- Watchman Nee.
Baby Baptism Quotes For You And Your Loved One
Babies are born with the love of God and Jesus Christ. Here are some baptism quotes which will call for the occasion of baptizing your new born. Heartiest congratulations to all the parents who have already baptised their young.
12. “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
- Proverbs 22:6.
13. “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility.”
- Kate Douglas Wiggins.
14. “They was still splashin around and callin my name when I popped up downriver like a bobber on a fishin line, a few shades paler and fulla the Holy Ghost!”
― Ron Hall.
15. “The Church does not dispense the sacrament of baptism in order to acquire for herself an increase in membership but in order to consecrate a human being to God and to communicate to that person the divine gift of birth from God.”
― Hans Urs von Balthasar.
16. “Let the little children come unto Me, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
- Luke 18:16.
17. “Whoever welcomes a child in My name, welcomes Me.”
- Luke 9:46-48.
18.“It would be unjust toward children to introduce them to Christian teaching and existence only as little pagans and catechumens, in order to leave it up to them to choose the Faith on their own responsibility at a point in time difficult to determine.”
― Hans Urs von Balthasar.
19. "We ought to regard the sacrament of baptism with reverence. An ordinance of which the Lord Jesus Himself partook, is not to be lightly esteemed. An ordinance to which the great Head of the Church submitted, ought to be ever honorable in the eyes of professing Christians."
– J.C. Ryle.
Baptism Quotes And Verses From The Bible
The Bible has many baptism quotes and verses that we can learn from, plus words we can have faith in. Here are some selected biblical quotes, baptism quotes from the Bible and verses that can definitely prep you for your journey. We hope you enjoy the following Bible quotes.
20. “You must be born again.”
- John 3:7.
21. “Jesus answered, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”
- John 3:5.
22. “When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.”
- Proverbs 31:26.
23. “For in one spirit we were all baptized into one body — Jews or Greeks, slaves or free — and all were made to drink of one spirit.”
- 1 Corinthians 12:13.
24. “For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
- Galatians 3:26-28.
25. “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Jeremiah 29:11.
26. “Peter replied, 'Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
- Acts 2:38.
27. “I have held thee in the palm of mine hand.”
- Isaiah 51:16.
28. “Children are a gift from the Lord, a child is a reward from Him.”
- Psalm 127:3.
29. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
- James 1:17.
30. “You are the One who put me together inside my mother's body, and I praise You because of the wonderful way You created me. Everything You do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt.”
- Psalm 139:13.
31. “You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Timothy 3:15.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Baptism Quotes then why not take a look at [christian easter quotes], or lent quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.