Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Marriage is the most significant and most memorable occasion of a person's life.
This journey with your partner starts from a small encounter, and it goes up to the most auspicious time, the engagement. This special occasion is the happiest for true soulmates.
It is filled with blessings, wishes, commitments, presents, and lots of happiness. The feeling of joy on the occassion is same for every one. In this era of social media networks and everything being digital, it has become easier to connect with your loved ones and have the ones far away to be present for your special occasion, ‘the engagement.’ Social media invitations and quotes have become trendy and common nowadays amongst couples. Using them to celebrate this special occasion only adds some new generations’ sparks to it. You'll find how to announce engagements with quotes, how to announce engagements on social media and how to congratulate someone for getting engaged.
Here are 100+ beautiful engagement quotes that make your journey special and meaningful. If you like this article, check out these [first love quotes], and [forever quotes].
Best Engagement Quotes
An Engagement is the biggest moment in the lives of couples. Engagement quotes are something that are enjoyed by one and all. Engagement rings can be the symbol of a successful marriage or commitment to your partner. Here are the best engagement captions to lighten up the stressful environment of wedding preparation.
1. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.”
- Will Ferrell.
2. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”
- Robert Fulghum.
3. “Marriages don’t work when one partner is happy and the other is miserable. Marriage is about both people being equally miserable.”
- Forget Paris.
4. “When you see a married couple walking down the street, the one that’s a few steps ahead are the one that’s mad.”
- Helen Rowland.
5. “Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.”
- Ogden Nash.
6. “A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.”
- Michel De Montaigne.
7. “Always get married in the morning. That way if it doesn’t work out, you haven’t wasted the whole day.”
- Mickey Rooney.
8. “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.”
- Catherine Zeta-Jones.
9. “Marriage: A legal or religious ceremony by which two persons of the opposite sex solemnly agree to harass and spy on each other for ninety-nine years, or until death do them join.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
10. “A man doesn’t know what happiness is until he’s married. By then it’s too late.”
- Frank Sinatra.
11. “The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds – they mature slowly.”
- Peter De Vries.
12. “Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.”
- Zig Ziglar.
13. “Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it’s because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner – just so they can have the last word.”
- Janet Periat.
14. “The older I get, the less time I want to spend with the part of the human race that didn’t marry me.”
- Robert Brault.
15. “Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he’ll fall asleep before you finish saying it.”
- Helen Rowland.
16. “If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love.”
- Michel De Montaigne.
17. “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.”
- Leo Buscaglia.
18. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
- Carl Jung.
19. “What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.”
- George Eliot.
20. “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.”
- Leo Christopher.
21. “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.”
- Ed Sheeran.
22. “No measure of time with you will be enough. But let’s start with forever.”
- Stephanie Meyer.
23. “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
24. “Love reminds you that nothing else matters.”
- Amy Bushnell.
25. “Love is not blind—it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.”
- Rabbi Julius Gordon.
26. “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.”
27. “You rose into my life like a promised sunrise, brightening my days with the light in your eyes. I’ve never been so strong. Now I’m where I belong.”
- Maya Angelou.
28. “We have the greatest pre-nuptial agreement in the world. It’s called love.”
- Gene Perret.
29. “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.”
- Sam Levenson.
30. “True love stories never have endings.”
- Richard Bach.
Heartwarming Engagement And Marriage Quotes
Here we have for you an engagement caption and few engagement quotes that will make your heart start fluttering, for a heartwarming effect. Marriage is the holy bond of love, respect, care, and trust. Use these engagement quotes to feel an abstract love and romance with someone dear to you.
31. “Engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and beginning of an eternal love story.”
- Rajeev Ranjan.
32. “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
33. “We loved with a love that was more than a love.”
- Edgar Allan Poe.
34. “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.”
- Robert Browning.
35. “The secret of a happy marriage remains…a secret.”
- Henny Youngman.
36. “The highest happiness on earth is marriage.”
- William Lyon Phelps.
37. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
- Nora Ephron.
38. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
- Franklin P. Jones.
39. “Wherever you are is my home, my only home.”
- Jane Eyre.
40. “Marriage is not kick-boxing, it’s salsa dancing.”
- Amit Kalantri.
41. “A marriage is like a long trip in a tiny rowboat; if one passenger starts to rock the boat, the other has to steady it; otherwise, they will go to the bottom together.”
- David Reuben.
42. “Chains do not hold marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.”
- Simone Signoret.
43. “It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
- Rita Rudner.”
44. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
- Emily Bronte.
45. “If you have respect and consideration for one another, you’ll make it.”
- Mary Durso.
46. “We may have started as individuals, but now we are as one.”
- Bryon Pulsifer.
47. “My whole heart for my whole life.”
- French Proverb.
48. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
- Maya Angelou.
49. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller.
50. “Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.”
- Micheal Leunig.
51. “I try to remember, as I hear about friends getting engaged, that it’s not about the ring and it’s not about the wedding. It’s a grave thing, getting married. And it’s easy to get swept up in the wrong things.”
- Gwyneth Paltrow.
52. “My instinct is to keep my engagement ring After all, I wouldn’t like to see it on the finger of a cheeky girl.”
- Sian Lloyd.
53. “I won’t give my heart to another girl until God shows me it’s my wife.”
- Eric Ludy.
54. “Control leads to compliance; autonomy leads to engagement.”
- Daniel H. Pink.
55. “Not men but measures a sort of charm by which many people get loose from every honorable engagement.”
- Edmund Burke.
56. “If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.”
- Katharine Hepburn.
57. “The Oriole weds his mottled mate, the Lily weds the bee; Heaven’s marriage ring is round the earth, let me bind thee?”
- Victorian Card.
58. “It is the duty of the bride’s father to give a party to announce the engagement. Apparently, this is done only after everyone knows about it.”
- Spencer Tracy.
Best Engagement Quotes For Social Media
In the times of social media platforms like Facebook, how can you not enjoy some interesting engagement love quotes and engagement message for Facebook and Instagram. If you are someone who loves social media then here are some of the best Instagram engagement quotes and Facebook engagement captions ideas for your engagement announcement through your engagement card.
59. “An engagement should come upon a young girl as a surprise, pleasant or unpleasant as the case may be. It is hardly a matter she could be allowed to arrange for herself.”
- Edith Evans.
60. “Ah me! love cannot be cured by herbs.”
61. “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began.”
- Leo Tolstoy.
62. “The sum which two married people owe to one another defies calculation. It is an infinite debt, which can only be discharged through eternity.”
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
63. “Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.”
- Mark Twain.
64. “A fellow ought to save a few of the long evenings he spends with his girl till after they’re married.”
- Kin Hubbard.
65. “A man without a wife is like a vase without flowers.”
- African Proverb.
66. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”
- André Maurois.
67. “To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.”
- David Viscott.
68. “Love, at first sight, is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.”
- Sam Levenson.
69. “Control leads to compliance; autonomy leads to engagement.”
- Daniel H. Pink.
70. “I couldn’t have dreamed you into existence because I didn’t even know I needed you. You must have been sent to me.”
- Kamand Kojouri.
71. “Lady Bracknell to speak frankly, I am not in favour of long engagements. They give people the opportunity of finding out each other’s character before marriage, which I think is never advisable.”
- Oscar Wilde, ‘The Importance Of Being Earnest.’
72. “I married a man who was as much a part of me as my own soul.”
- C.J. English.
73. “Learning always occurs in a context of taking action, and they value engagement and experience as the most effective strategies for deep learning.”
- Richard DuFour.
74. “And try not to make a habit of getting engaged in the first place, Vivvie. It can lead to marriage if you’re not careful.”
- Elizabeth Gilbert, ‘City Of Girls.’
Fantastic Quotes About Engagements
No one can deny that engagement is one of the happiest moments in someone's life. People make engagement announcements every day as it is the start of a new life together. Some of the best engagement messages will motivate you every day for getting married and starting a life together. Here are some cute engagement quotes that will motivate you to change your relationship status soon.
75. “True happiness is never found by restricting your engagement with another.”
- Jeffrey G. Duarte.
76. “Love is not in the ring. Love is in the heart.”
- Michael Bassey Johnson, ‘The Infinity Sign.’
77. “Give a man a finger, he’ll put a wedding ring on it!”
- Ljupka Cvetanova, ‘The New Land.’
78. “When you found someone you really loved, everything fitted.”
- Melissa Hill, ‘Something From Tiffany’s.’
79. “I think happiness is a combination of pleasure, engagement and meaningfulness.”
- Ian K. Smith.
80. “My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked.”
- Elizabeth Taylor.
81. “They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.”
- Clint Eastwood.
82. “In my house, I’m the boss and my wife is just the decision maker.”
- Woody Allen.
83. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.”
- Jennifer Smith.
Interesting Engagement Quotes
Engagement quotes have been enjoying great popularity with all social media users who want to announce getting engaged. Engagement quotes resemble true love. Read on for the best engagement quotes that will get you thinking about getting engaged with your true love.
84. “You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life.”
- Julia Child.
85. “The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once.”
- H.V. Prochnow.
86. “I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.”
- Groucho Marx.
87. “Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t, they’d be married too.”
- H.L. Mencken.
88. “To avoid mistakes and regrets, always consult your wife before engaging in a flirtation.”
- E.W. Howe.
89. “Woke up in bed with a gorgeous woman, who I’m going to have lunch and the rest of my life with.”
- Jason Barmer.
90. “One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again.”
- Judith Viorst.
91. “Love is a flower which turns into fruit at marriage.”
- Finnish Proverb.
92. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.”
- Robert Quillen.
93. “Marriage: Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Til’ death do us part is the length.”
- Fawn Weaver.
94. “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.”
- Maggie Reyes.
95. “Happily, ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.”
- Fawn Weaver.
96. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.”
- Judy Garland.
97. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
- Henry Ford.
98. “You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.”
- Deborah Moggach.
99. “A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.”
- Brendan Behan.
100. “Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.”
- Albert Einstein.
101. “Between a man and his wife nothing ought to rule but love.”
- William Penn.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for beautiful engagement quotes, then why not take a look at you are the love of my life quotes, or [Disney love quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.