Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
A free spirited person has solid values and opinions about life, it isn’t someone who wanders for the sake of it; a true free spirit lives with intention.
“A free spirit takes liberties even with liberty itself”, this quote from Francis Picabia perfectly highlights the importance of being a free spirit. For a free soul, movement is life, and life is the essence of progress.
It’s plain to see that a free spirit is a happy one, no matter what age, background, or state they belong to. Countless things could stand in the way of a happy life, but why let them? After all, you are born to be free spirit like a wildflower. Free spirit quotes offer motivation and drive when you are feeling low. Free spirits are individuals who are always content. And that’s precisely why we have curated these beautiful free spirit quotes about being wild and carefree. You'll find the best quotes here, plus religious quotes for someone who has passed and was a free spirit.
Free spirt quotes from famous personalities indeed offer a lot of motivation to readers. Read on for some of the most exceptional free spirit quotes and free spirit sayings that will help you realize that you were born to be free.
1. “No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.”
- Nikki Rowe.
2. “Wild woman are an unexplainable spark of life. They ooze freedom and seek awareness, they belong to nobody but themselves yet give a piece of who they are to everyone they meet.”
- Nikki Rowe.
3. “Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head,
It will get easier, your dreams are not dead.”
- Nikki Rowe.
4. “I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.”
- Princess Diana.
5. “I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.”
6. “A free spirit takes liberties even with liberty itself.”
- Francis Picabia.
7. “I am a free spirit. I tell the truth, and I like to mix it up.”
- Ed Rendell.
8. “You call yourself a free spirit, a ‘wild thing,’ and you’re terrified somebody’s going to stick you in a cage. Well baby, you’re already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it’s not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It’s wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.”
- Truman Capote.
9. “Every renaissance comes to the world with a cry, the cry of the human spirit to be free.”
- Anne Sullivan Macy.
10. “I am a wild woman; it would take a warrior to tame my spirit.”
- Nikki Rowe.
11. “One radical free spirit nonconformist is pretty much like another.”
- George Will.
12. “Here the free spirit of mankind, at length, Throws its last fetters off; and who shall place a limit to the giant’s unchained strength, or curb his swiftness in the forward race?”
- William C. Bryant.
13. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.”
14. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.”
- John Lennon.
15. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.”
- Charles Swindoll.
16. “Keep calm and carry on.”
- Winston Churchill.
17. “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.”
- Caroline Muss.
Whether it be Richard Bach, Joss Whedon, Hiroko Sakai, Mahatma Gandhi or Bill Watterson, various authors have penned motivating quotes about being a free spirit. Free spirit quotes offer a lot of motivation when you are down and out. Read on for some of the breathing freedom free spirits quotes.
18. “My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”
19. “A free spirit is not bound by this, that, matter, materialism or opinion. They sing, dance and flow on the wind – for they are at one with it. They are nothing and everything – void and expanse. Even space and time does not confine or define them. For they are pure energy itself.”
- Rasheed Ogunlaru.
20. “She’s the kind of queen that knows her crown isn’t on her head but in her soul.”
- Adrian Michael.
21. “I’m not a bird. No net will ensnare me. I’m a human being that has her own independent will.”
- Charlotte Bronte.
22. “Lock your libraries if you choose to; there isn’t a lock, bolt, or gate that you’ll be able to put on my mind.”
- Virginia Woolf.
23. “Some people think that Amsterdam is full of sin. The truth is that it’s a city that’s found freedom. But in freedom, many people believe they see sin.”
- John Green.
24. “In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free - honourable alike in what we give and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
25. “I bought abandon dear and sold all piety for pleasure. My own free spirit I have followed, and never will I give up lust.”
- Abu Nuwas.
26. “I have fallen in love with the imagination. And if you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it can do anything.”
- Alice Walker.
27. “I think I’m like a free spirit.”
- Bai Ling.
28. “All she did was breath in the stars and exhale the light. That was the thing about her; she always proved she could by actions, not words.”
29. “You thought you wanted her, but she was made of thunder and lightening and you were afraid of a little rain.”
30. “Sometimes you have to unfollow people in real life.”
31. “You are entirely up to you.”
32. “Let my free spirit be my legacy.”
- Lisa Allen Thompson, ‘Legacy Of A Free Spirit.’
33. “Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.”
- Julius Rono. ‘Arise My Child.’
34. “Only when we find an adequate way of accounting for the “opaque” natural dimension in our subjectivity will it be possible to conceive of an embodied form of rational free spirit.”
Simeon Rice, Hubert H Humphrey, Nikki Rowe are well-known personalities who have authored some great free spirit quotes that will move your soul. Here are some of the most motivating free spirit quotes.
35. “Since it is your destiny to carry and guide others, learn the skills to inspire them, so they can share the excitement and be a free spirit with you. Feel the wind as you gallop through life and set everyone free!”
- Chungliang Al Huang, ‘The Chinese Book Of Animal Powers.’
36. “I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.”
- Diana Princess Of Wales.
37. “The only cure to all this madness; is too dream, far and wide, if possibility doesn’t knock, create a damn door. If the shoe doesn’t fit, don’t make it. If the journey your travelling seems to far fetched and wild beyond your imagination; continue on it, great things come to the risk takers. And last but not least, live today; here, right now, you’ll thank your future self for it later.”
- Nikki Rowe.
38. “The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it – basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.”
- Charles Bukowski.
39. “Normality is a paved road, it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow.”
- Vincent Van Gough.
40. “What if one’s tendency to go wandering off is truly a gift? What if the driving force beneath the curiosity that leads a person to wander off the beaten path is not immaturity, but the wild, untamable Spirit of God, drawing them into the wild to be refined, to discover fresh insights, and pioneer a new way forward for a new group of people?”
- Brandon Robertson.
41. “She is free in her wildness; she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. ‘Time’ for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.”
- Roman Payne.
42. “Some days I am more wolf than woman, and I am still learning how to stop apologizing for my wild.”
- Nikita Gill.
43. “Why this cult of wilderness? because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger.”
- Edward Abbey.
44. “Loving people means giving them the freedom; whom they choose to be and where they choose to go. Loving someone means giving them the freedom to find their way, whether it leads towards you or away from you.”
45. “I see no comparison between the past and future, both constants share the same ideology. For me the present is the truth.”
- Jeremy Limn.
46. “It’s the time of God’s grace, we shall survive. Live by the truth and the truth shall set you free.
- Cosmas Sila.
47. “Let your mind be set free from the control of others influence.”
- Jeremy Limn.
48. “You won’t find me dancing in a club at night but you will find me climbing mountains to see the sunrise, with a glimmer of hope and a smile on my face this is life baby and freedom fills my days.”
- Nikki Rowe.
49. “It would take a warrior to tame my spirit.”
- Nikki Rowe.
50. “How wrong we are to ignore our hearts to follow the familiar path.”
- Nikki Rowe.
*Do you know where this quote originates? We'd love to hear from you at [email protected].
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for free spirit quotes, then why not take a look at library quotes, focus on yourself quotes, or follow your heart quotes.
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.