Recent searches (0)
An ambivert is right there in the middle between an extrovert and an introvert.
They might need to socialize from time to time. But they also need a lot of alone time to self reflect upon.
Even though the world might not understand completely the inner workings of an ambivert's mind, many of us have the personality traits of being an ambivert. If an introvert is someone who prefers to be alone and socializes only when necessary, and an extrovert is someone who likes the company of people more than being alone, an ambivert cherishes both in their own sweet time. They are not against being amongst a lot of people like an introvert might be, but neither do they dread solidarity like an extrovert. An ambivert might be very socially adept and can come off as an extrovert but they also treasure alone time too. Just to confuse things even more, there is another term! An omnivert describes a person who acts like an extrovert in certain situations and as an introvert in others, rather than embodying traits from both at the same time (an an ambivert does).
Even though the term ambivert is comparatively new, many people can relate to the feeling of being an ambivert. Not all people will understand how an ambivert's mind works because they often fluctuate between an extrovert and an introvert, but there is always a balance, and ambiverts try their best to maintain that without overwhelming themselves. One might think them to be rude on days and on other days they will be the most sociable person ever. But that's all a part of having balance. Here are a few famous being ambivert quotes that will make you feel more appreciated if you are an ambivert yourself.
1. "I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."
- Audrey Hepburn, 'LIFE', 7 December 1953.
2. "I am a mild introvert. But I have learned to be a very successful extrovert because if you want impact, you have to work with people."
3. "You may think I'm small, but I have a universe inside my mind."
– Yoko Ono.
4. "I'm very picky with who I give my energy to. I prefer to reserve my time, intensity and spirit exclusively to those who reflect sincerity."
5. "Companionship is a foreign concept to some people. They fear it as much as the majority of people fear loneliness."
- Criss Jami.
Just because ambiverts prefer to be alone sometimes doesn't mean they don't appreciate humor. Our lives are all about being able to take things lightly so they don't end up overwhelming you. Here are a few funny ambivert quotes to lift your spirits. If, among all of these, one ambivert quote makes you laugh, you might just learn to appreciate yourself a little more.
6. "I'm a little unusual. I'm a six-person-or-less extrovert."
7. "I want to be alone… with someone else who wants to be alone."
– Dimitri Zaik.
8. "There is no such thing as a pure introvert or extrovert. Such a person would be in the lunatic asylum."
– Carl Jung.
9. "I'm an introvert somewhat. There could be a room full of people, I'll go stand in the corner."
- Kevin Gates.
10. "Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent."
- Napoleon Hill, 'The Master Key To Riches: A Sequel To Think And Grow Rich', 1945.
And now for the end, here are a few ambivert quotes that are relatable. You may not feel like you're surrounded by people who feel the same as you do, since most people are either extrovert or introvert. But ambiverts are not rare to come across these days, so these quotes will make you feel right at home and teach you a thing or two about self-love.
11. "In my most natural state, I'll be introverted for say, six days in a row, and then on the seventh day, I'll become very extroverted, completely inside-out. Then I'll have to go back inside myself. Sometimes the change can be quite forceful—it's something I can't really control."
12. "A good rule of thumb is that any environment that consistently leaves you feeling bad about who you are in the wrong environment."
- Laurie Helgoe, 'Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength', 2008.
13. "I think I'm a weird combination of deeply introverted and very daring. I can feel both those things working."
- Helen Hunt.
14. "Don't underestimate me because I'm quiet. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and observe more than you know."
- Michaela Chung.
15. "Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren't a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was."
- Cheryl Strayed, 'Wild: A Journey From Lost To Found', 2012.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for ambivert quotes then why not take a look at introvert quotes, or Tranquillity quotes for more?
Read The Disclaimer
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.