Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
A deserted stray animal stranded in the cityscape is a sad sight.
Studies show that there are more than 70 million strays in the United States. All the U.S. shelters combined have roughly about six million of these.
Providing them with food only is not enough. Stray cats and dogs are vulnerable to a number of diseases without proper hygiene, left to the mercy of the weather. Animal shelters try to rescue them and provide basic food and hygiene along with a roof. But their ultimate goal is to find a loving home and the care of a loving family. These animal rescue quotes and sayings are a great way to raise awareness of such rescue expeditions and evoke our kindness towards our poor animal friends.
If you like these quotes about animal rescue, you could also check out [animal rights quotes] and [animal lover quotes].
Rescue Dog Inspiring Quotes
The adage that calls dogs 'man's best friend' has some truth to it. After all, dogs are among the earliest pets that mankind had domesticated way before recorded history. In their honor and your furry life-style, below are some quotes about rescue dogs, and a dog quote collection in general.
1. “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”
- Karen Devison.
2. “Whoever declared that love at first sight doesn’t exist has never witnessed the purity of a puppy or looked deep into a puppy’s eyes. If they did, their lives would change considerably.”
- Elizabeth Parker.
3. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Josh Billings.
4. “Dogs' lives are too short...their only fault, really.”
- Agnes Sligh Turnbull.
5. “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.”
– Robert Benchley.
6. “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.”
– Roger A. Caras.
7. "[Dogs] never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation."
– Jerome K. Jerome.
8. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.”
– John Grogan.
9. “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.”
– W. Bruce Cameron.
10. “The poor dog in life is the firmest friend. The first to welcome, the foremost to defend.”
– Lord Byron.
11. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
– Charles De Gaulle.
12. “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.”
– Franklin P. Jones.
13. "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- Will Rogers.
14. "Dogs are our link to paradise."
- Milan Kundera.
15. "Before you get a dog, you can't quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can't imagine living any other way."
- Caroline Knapp.
Poignant Animal Rescue Poem Quotes
The act of rescuing an animal from misery and finding a lifelong companion has so much emotional depth that sometimes quotes about rescue animals don't cut it. So instead of prosaic quotes about rescuing animals, here are some poetic excerpts to better reflect the joys of animal companionship.
16. "Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie"
-Rudyard Kipling, 'The Power Of The Dog'.
17. "...All I can do
is believe you will keep on being the warm
vaulting life, ravelled round mine,
although I may never hold you."
- Polly Atkin, 'Rabbit In The Morning'.
18. "Great big tongue that licks my face
Has a crate, his very own space
Big brown eyes like moon pies
He's my friend till the very end!"
- Abby Jenkins, 'My Best Friend'.
19. "Underneath my stroking hand,
Startled eyes of hazel bland
Kindling, growing larger, —
Up thou leap'st with a spring."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 'To Flush, Dog'.
20. "Pet was never mourned as you,
Purrer of the spotless hue,
Plumy tail, and wistful gaze"
- Thomas Hardy, 'Last Words To A Dumb Friend'.
Top Quotes About Pet Adoption
Pet adoptions are the primary way to rehabilitate most domestic animals into a comfortable life, as shelters can only do so much. Here are some quotes about animals that work well as pet adoption quotes, and slogans for animal shelters.
21. "Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail."
- Kinky Friedman.
22. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”
– Mark Twain.
23. “I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not better for it.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
24. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”
― M.K. Clinton.
25. “It’s just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn’t it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.”
26. "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through."
27.“I really love pets. They’re like children. They know if you really love them or not. You can’t fool them.”
– Donna Douglas.
28. “Pets have more love and compassion in them than most humans.”
– Robert Wagner.
29. “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.”
– Orhan Pamuk.
30. “Every stray deserves a chance at love, a home and a warm bed to sleep at night.”
- Penny Reid, 'The Player and The Pixie', 2016.
Touching Quotes About Animal Love
Sometimes the unconditional love of an animal can eclipse human affection. Here are a few quotes about animal lovers and animal companionship. For all environmentalists and pet owners, these animal lovers quotes can be used as a mark of pride and confidence in their bond with their furry friends.
31. “After we bring food home from the grocery store... Dogs must think we are the greatest hunters ever!”
- Ann Taylor.
32. “Never be embarrassed by how much you care about animals and how they're treated.”
- Stephanie Feldstein.
33. "Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling and calm face. "
- Manoj Arora.
34. "Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem."
― A.A. Milne.
35. “I love animals, sometimes more than people, because they don't judge. All they want is love.”
- H.J. Lawson, 'War Kids', 2014.
36. “If animals spoke, humanity would cry."
― Manuj Rajput.
37. "Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know."
― Irene M. Pepperberg.
38. “Sometimes, your pet picks you.”
– Julie Wenzel.
39. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.”
― Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette.
40. “I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man alive.”
– Iwao Fujita.
41. "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
- Anatole France.
42. "It's a small thing to help one animal, but to that one animal it's a big thing."
- Gene Baur.
43. "If we could read the minds of animals, we would find only truths."
- Anthony Douglas Williams
44. "Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky.
45. "Everything pales in comparison to the deer."
- Bill Vaughan.
46. "My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet."
- Edith Wharton.
47. "There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man."
- Winston Churchill.
48. "A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot."
- John Steinbeck.
Curious Cat Adoption Quotes
Cats are a special and tricky kind of pet. They can have very pronounced and quirky personalities, so much so that it does not do them justice to be lumped with other quote about animals, they need their own section.
49. “I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.”
― Neil Gaiman.
50. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.”
– Albert Schweitzer.
51. “My relationships with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance.”
– William S. Burroughs.
52. “How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.”
– Robert A. Heinlein.
53. “One cat just leads to another.”
– Ernest Hemingway.
54. “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”
– Leonardo da Vinci.
55. “I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.”
- Hippolyte Taine
56. “A cat doesn’t care if you are smart or dumb, give him your heart and he will give you his.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Animal Rescue quotes then why not take a look at [rescue dog quotes], or black cat quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.