Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Blood is tough; it is more than just being the juice running through our veins.
“From blood and pain come perfection,” quoted by Constance Longton from 'American Horror Story', shows how blood describes so much of our lives. Not only is the fluid running through our bodies, but the blood also depicts power, horror, strength, love, bonds, and so much more.
We see people defining their blood relations as being stronger, a worker thinning up his blood sweat with hard work, and a bond of tough love. Blood is something that makes people count on each other, is the thing people are afraid of, and sometimes is something they are proud of. Here are the best blood quotes to get your heart pumping along with your minds. If you like these blood quotes, do not forget to check out our heart quotes and doctor quotes.
Best Blood Quotes
No man can deny that blood relations are strong, tough, and mightier than everything. Here are the best quotes about blood to make your heart go pumping.
1. “It was night, and the rain fell; and falling, it was rain, but, having fallen, it was blood.”
- Edgar Allan Poe.
2. “We are linked by blood, and blood is memory without language.”
- Joyce Carol Oates.
3. “Blood is the rose of the mysterious union.”
- Jim Morrison.
4. “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
- Thomas Jefferson.
5. “The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.”
6. “Headmaster: Then who are you?
Son of Mine: We are the Family of Blood.”
- 'Doctor Who', Episode: The Family Of Blood.
7. “Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red.”
- Clive Barker.
8. “I didn't know that idiocy caused people to just start spontaneously bleeding from the nose.”
- Veronica Roth.
9. “Fresh is better. But you've never drunk fresh blood. Have you? Simon raised his eyebrow in response. Well, aside from mine of course, Jace said. And I'm pretty sure my blood is fan-tastic.”
- Cassandra Clare.
10. “Why does my blood thus muster to my heart, Making both it unable for itself, And dispossessing all my other parts of necessary fitness?”
- William Shakespeare, 'Measure for Measure'.
11. “I am in blood Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er.”
- William Shakespeare, 'Macbeth'.
12. “When the blood burns, how prodigal the soul lends the tongue vows.”
- William Shakespeare, 'Hamlet'.
13. “Blood is really warm, it's like drinking hot chocolate but with more screaming.”
- Ryan Mecum.
14. “A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterward.”
- Theodore Roosevelt.
15. “Blood alone moves the wheels of history.”
- Martin Luther.
Blood Aesthetic Quotes
Blood flows through the veins spread throughout the body. Blood quotes can be easily found in a book or movie. Check out some of the most rational quotes about the blood that’ll make you think about the bloody aesthetic.
16. “The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.”
- Sylvia Plath, ‘Ariel’.
17. “Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest.”
- Ty Cobb.
18. “Pay mind to your own life, your own health, and wholeness. A bleeding heart is of no help to anyone if it bleeds to death.”
19. “I have not a farthing, my friend, and all over the globe there is no letting of blood or taking a glister, without paying, or somebody paying for you.”
- François-Marie Arouet.
20. “A man’s heart is a wretched, wretched thing, Mariam. It isn’t like a mother’s womb. It won’t bleed. It won’t stretch to make room for you.”
- Khaled Hosseini, ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’.
21. “This is the true division between Silvers and Reds: the color of our blood. This simple difference somehow makes them stronger, smarter, better than us.”
- Victoria Aveyard.
22. “No blood when the tongue was pricked: the true sign of the devil.”
- Ibert, ‘The Devils’.
23. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.”
- George R.R. Martin, 'A Game of Thrones'.
24. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.”
- Richard Bach.
25. “... we might say that the earth has a spirit of growth; that its flesh is the soil, its bones the arrangement and connection of the rocks of which the mountains are composed, its cartilage the tufa, and its blood the springs of water.”
- Leonardo Da Vinci.
26. "All the soarings of my mind begin in my blood."
- Rainer Maria Rilke.
27. “Ancient stars in their death throes spat out atoms like iron which this universe had never known. ... Now the iron of old nova coughing vivifies the redness of our blood.”
- Howard Bloom.
28. “Where a blood relation sobs, an intimate friend should choke up, a distant acquaintance should sigh, a stranger should merely fumble sympathetically with his handkerchief.”
- Mark Twain.
29. “Ours is a terrible religion. The fleets of the world could swim in spacious comfort in the innocent blood it has spilled.”
- Mark Twain.
30. “The blood of youth burns not with such excess As gravity's revolt to wantonness.”
- William Shakespeare, ‘Love’s Labor’s Lost’.
31. “Some kinds of sister-love are stronger than blood.”
Inspirational Blood Quotes
Blood is used to symbolize strength - be it the strength of bonds or the effort one puts into work. Read below some quotes about the amazing blood that runs through us.
32. "It is said that blood is thicker than water. It is what joins us, binds us, curses us."
33. "Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood... will contribute to the growth of this nation and to make it strong and dynamic."
- Indira Gandhi.
33. "We all gonna die, we bleed from similar veins."
- Tupac Shakur.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for [blood quotes] then why not take a look at nurse quotes, or [family first quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.