Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Brunch is breakfast without the bounds of time and diet restrictions.
It's just another excuse for foodies, a time to get dressed for brunch and go and enjoy. Hakuna mimosa!
Weekends are for the squad, and you just can’t miss brunch dates with them on Sundays. Brunch - breakfast lunch - a late morning meal, a breakfast without an alarm - one meal to rule over the workweek blues. Brunch is a great opportunity for you to look back and think how your workweek has been.
'Hakuna mimosa'! (It means ‘It’s brunch time’!) We could not resist brunch - drooling over all those lonely planet food recipes - avocado toast, waffles, chocolate chip pancakes along with your most favorite Bloody Marys, Sangria, Mimosas, Champagne, Devil May Care and Coffee Martini beans to get over that Saturday drill. ‘Work hard brunch harder’ right?
We have created a list of some of the best brunch quotes and sayings and brunch captions to compliment all the brunch memories. If you like these quotes, take a look at [Wake up Quotes] and [Morning Quotes] too.
Best Brunch Quotes
Accept the brunch invitation - one meal to rule over all the blues! After all, a brunch well spent brings a week full of happiness. Here is a list of few brunch quotes and brunch captions for you to compliment your Bloody Mary. Let's take a look at these Sunday brunch quotes.
1. “Brunch lends itself to feeling casual and laid-back, though it can definitely be a celebration.”
- Gale Gland
2. “Brunch is boring, but that’s part of the charm of it.”
- Nicolas Berggruen
3. "So, this is what it's about? This is your mature response to go off into the mountains rather than talking about it and have s'mores with a gnome and a mountain man.' 'Yep.' 'What's your plan for tomorrow? Brunch with a unicorn?'"
- Ilona Andrews, 'Magic Rises'.
4. “At a brunch potluck, I realize that I do, in fact, hate everybody.”
- Lena Dunham
5. "A special meal, often leisurely, occasionally decadent. A meal that's even celebrated by its own cocktails, such as the Bloody Mary or the Mimosa."
- Kit Wohl
6. "Cooking breakfast and brunch professionally really kind of ruined breakfast service for me for a long time."
- Anthony Bourdain
7. "Tuition at the College-on-the-Hill is fourteen thousand dollars, Sunday brunch included."
- Don DeLillo
8. "Brunch, for me, is an extended breakfast that should be enjoyed whenever you have time properly to engage in cooking and eating.”
- Yoram Ottolenghi
9. "Breakfast is a meal but brunch is a culture.”
- Matt Basile
10. “I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch.”
11. “Putting aside your blatant patriarchal biases in assuming the necessary presence of a male familial figurehead, yes, I had a nice brunch, thanks.”
- Julie James, 'Practice Makes Perfect'.
12. "For me, brunch is such a versatile meal since you can play on both the sweet and savory in your dishes.”
- Marcus Samuelsson
13. “We are brunch hounds. We also like movie dates.”
- Rob McClure
Funny Brunch Quotes
We cannot think of a brunch without Champagne, Devil May Care, Coffee Martini Beans, bottomless Mimosas, Bloody Marys, the clanking of dinner plates and some giggles around the table. Keeping the warmth of a Sunday brunch in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best funny brunch quotes that are sure to take you back to the brunch table and laugh out loud.
14. “Brunch is such an odd thing. It was created by fat, lazy people who were too lazy to wake up at a reasonable hour and too fat to wait until the next proper time for dining.”
- Brian South
15. “I'll never forget how she told us. She took us all out to brunch, and she was like, 'You guys, I'm keeping this one.'”
- Amy Schumer
16. "So, what’s the deal with brunch? I mean that if it’s a combination of breakfast and lunch, how comes there’s no lopper, or no liner?"
- Jane âne Garofalo
17. “Everyone loves brunch. Obviously, but you super-love brunch. You are so big into brunch that your middle name should be "Brunch"...”
- Ryan North
18. “'Let's go to Brunch. What a great idea! Why would you want to sleep in on a Sunday when you can go pay $18 for eggs? Now, you're thinking."
- Bill Burr
19. “The American Club was for those who preferred to have dinner at six and brunch on a Sunday and avoid the stress of dealing with Greeks and their language.”
- John Mole, 'It's All Greek to Me! A Tale of a Mad Dog and an Englishman, Ruins, Retsina - And Real Greeks'
20. "All he said was, 'Here, have your din fast. Then we can start packing.' 'Din fast,' Nick repeated. 'Dinner and breakfast!' Alan said triumphantly. 'Like brunch.' Nick subjected him to a long, judgmental stare. 'There's something very wrong with you,' he said at last. 'I thought you should know.'"
- Sarah Rees Brennan, 'The Demon's Lexicon'
21. "I like white people, they invented brunch. It's great. Nobody had that market cornered before you guys. Shout out to white people. As I get older, I do a lot of white people things. Like I said, I like brunch, but what's whiter than that is I write Yelp reviews about the brunch I go to."
- Quincy Jones
22. “Of many, brunch is a part of that tourist experience. If it’s relatively quick, it can be useful and fuel for doing other things.”
- Shawn Micallef
23. “Brunch, a meal invented by rich white chicks to rationalize day drinking and bingeing on French toast.”
- Caroline Kepnes
Inspirational Brunch Quotes
We are here with some of the best quotes to make you consider your next brunch spot. Maybe you need some beach inspiration as brunch on the beach goes hand in hand! These quotes about brunch would make good Instagram captions too.
24. “Brunch is cheerful, sociable, and inciting. It is task compelling. It puts you in a good temper, it makes you satisfied with yourself and your fellow beings, it sweeps away the worries and cobwebs of the week.”
- Peter Joseph
25. "Brunch is something people get behind and believe in. It's habitual, it's comforting, and it has the power to let you indulge, allowing you to be you in the most liberating kind of way."
- Matt Basile
26. “Brunch is not a meal. Brunch is a competition. And I’m winning.”
- Matt Bellisae
27. "More than any other time of the day, we look to breakfast and brunch to revive and refresh ourselves."
- Irma S. Rombauer
28. "We accept the brunch we think we deserve."
- Spinoff the quote originally said by Stephen Chbosky, 'The Perks Of Being A Wildflower'
29. “There is no other meal but brunch that can be stretched from 9 am until 5 pm, depending on who you are, your stage in life, and what your mood dictates.”
- Lonely Planet Food
30. “Somewhere in the background of magnificence lurks the kitchen staff. But a magnificent person only forgets about his origins, never his brunch.”
31. "'Brunch!' scream chalkboards propped up outside every restaurant and cafe, in every city in the Western world, every weekend morning."
- Rico Gagliano
Famous Brunch Quotes
Brunch the stress away! A brunch is always a good idea - the champagne in the membrane, bottomless mimosas, the pancakes with abs - the brunch vibes, a perfect Instagram-worthy set up. Just as much as you enjoy your brunch we think you will enjoy these famous brunch quotes and brunch sayings.
32. “Ties were always my thing. When I was 18, on Sunday, when everyone was taking off for a casual day, I'd wear a suit to go have brunch.”
- Albert Hammond, Jr.
33. “According to the three missed calls from her mother—who thought Madison had been kidnapped in the big, bad city and was now being held for an ungodly sum of money—the four text messages from her brother wondering if she knew how to navigate the beltway—because apparently little sisters couldn’t drive—and the voice mail from her father warning there was a problem with the reservations, she was late for brunch."
- J. Lynn, 'Tempting The Best Man'
34. “Remember, brunch is only served once a week - on the weekends. Buzzword here, 'Brunch Menu'. Translation? 'Old, nasty odds and ends, and 12 dollars for two eggs with a free Bloody Mary'.”
- Anthony Bourdain
35. "Brunch is cheerful, sociable, and inciting. It is task-compelling. It puts you in a good temper, it makes you satisfied with yourself and your fellow beings, it sweeps away the worries and cobwebs of the week."
- Peter Joseph
36. “I regard food as fuel. I am not a brunch person.”
- David Rubenstein
37. “Many a death was precipitated by the food, the job, or the medication whose main function was to postpone it.”
- Monokuma Mokonyane
Best Instagram Brunch Captions
Brunch: one meal promising a week of content. Bottomless mimosas at brunch are totally weekend vibes and make for a perfect Instagram post. Here are some fun-loving best brunch Instagram captions for your Sunday brunch outings with friends to leave your Instagram followers wanting more. Because brunch without Instagram content and quotes for captions is not right.
38. "A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap."
- Mitch Hedberg
39. "No man is lonely while eating spaghetti - it requires so much attention."
- Christopher Morley
40. “There is no sincerer love than the love of food.”
- George Bernard Shaw
41. “If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.”
- Julia Child
42. "The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.”
- Mark Twain
43. “Food is an important part of a balanced diet.”
- Fran Leibowitz
44. "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.”
- David Auerbach
45. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, 'A Room Of One's Own.'
46. "Waffles are just pancakes with abs."
47. "Brunch so hard mimosa wanna find me."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Brunch Quotes then why not take a look at Saturday morning quotes, or [Coffee quotes] from us.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.