Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Quotes that capture the essence of weather can also mirror your own feelings as a reflection of the weather.
Clouds for example, are often reflective of a variety of moods depending upon their appearance. Since time immemorial, clouds have inspired humans to mold their feelings into words and quotes.
Be it clouds on a sunny day inspiring feelings of cheerfulness and contentment, clouds after a harsh summer breathing fresh life into us, or dark, stormy clouds inspiring feelings of foreboding, clouds quotes are perfect for capturing your mood in words. We have rounded up the best cloud quotes from different books, personalities, and sources which you are bound to like.
You may also check out weather quotes and [rain quotes] for more great quotes!
Short And Sweet Cloud Quotes
Just looking at clouds takes us to places we couldn’t imagine in our everyday lives. Here are some short and sweet cloud quotes you may like.
1. "The sun always shines above the clouds."
-Paul F. Davis.
2. "For a second I was almost jealous of the clouds."
-Kamila Shamsie, ‘Kartography’.
3. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
- Maya Angelou, ‘Letter To My Daughter’.
4. “There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.”
- Gilbert K. Chesterton, ‘The Everlasting Man’.
5. "You are the sky. The clouds are what happens, what comes and goes.”
- Eckhart Tolle.
6. “Behind every cloud is another cloud.”
- Judy Garland.
7. “God is a cloud from which rain fell.”
- Dejan Stojanovic.
8. “The clouds, – the only birds that never sleep.”
- Victor Hugo.
9. “Those clouds are angels’ robes.”
- Charles Kingsley.
10. “Dance with the clouds.”
- A.D. Posey.
11. “Clouds suit my mood just fine.”
- Marie Lu.
Cloud Quotes From Books And Literature
Since the time man discovered art and literature, poets and writers have taken comfort and inspiration in clouds and molded that inspiration into different cloud sayings and phrases. Enjoy these inspirational quotes about clouds and cloud captions ideas from William Shakespear, Mehmet Murat Ildan and more!
12. "Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."
-Rabindranath Tagore, ‘Stray Birds’.
13. “There was a star riding through clouds one night, and I said to the star, 'Consume me.'”
- Virginia Woolf, ‘The Waves’.
14. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water. Or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”
- John Lubbock, ‘The Use Of Life’.
15. “She noted, more than once, that the meteor shower was happening, beyond the overcast sky, even if we could not see it. Who cares if she can kiss? She can see through the clouds.”
- John Green, ‘Turtles All the Way Down’.
16. “A cloud does not know why it moves in just such a direction and at such a speed, it feels an impulsion... this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reason and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons.”
- Richard Bach, ‘Illusions: The Adventures Of A Reluctant Messiah’.
17. “Every cloud has a silver lining.”
- John Milton, ‘Comus: A Mask Presented At Ludlow Castle’.
18. “Be still, sad heart! And cease repining- Behind the clouds is the sun still shining- Thy fate is the common fate of all, Into each life some rain must fall.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ‘The Rainy Day’.
19. “Hamlet: Do you see yonder cloud that's almost in shape of a camel?
Polonius: By the mass, and 'tis like a camel, indeed.
Hamlet: Methinks it is like a weasel.
Polonius: It is backed like a weasel.
Hamlet: Or like a whale
Polonius: Very like a whale.”
- William Shakespeare, 'Hamlet'.
20. “Clouds in the sky very much resembles the thoughts in our minds! Both changes perpetually from one second to another!”
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
21. “Dark clouds become heaven's flowers when kissed by light.”
- Rabindranath Tagore, ‘Stray Birds’.
22. “I want to teach men the sense of their existence, which is the Superman, the lightning out of the dark cloud man.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ‘Thus Spoke Zarathustra’.
23. “There were angry clouds building up behind the mountains, black-gray clouds, great clumps of them colored just like cotton balls after Aunt Ruth cleaned off her eye makeup from a big night out. All gunky with mascara and eye shadow.”
- Emily M. Danforth, ‘The Miseducation Of Cameron Post’.
24. “Be comforted, dear soul! There is always light behind the clouds.”
- Louisa May Alcott, ‘Little Women’.
Deep And Thought-Provoking Cloud Quotes
Here is a compilation of a few deep and thought-provoking cloud quotes for you. Which of these cloudy sky quotes and quotes about clouds is your favorite?
25. “I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.”
- Mike Tyson.
26. “The more often we see the things around us - even the beautiful and wonderful things - the more they become invisible to us. That is why we often take for granted the beauty of this world: the flowers, the trees, the birds, the clouds - even those we love.”
- Joseph B. Wirthlin.
27. “When you're a kid, you lay in the grass and watch the clouds going over, and you literally don't have a thought in your mind. It's purely meditation, and we lose that.”
- Dick Van Dyke.
28. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water. Or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”
- John Lubbock.
29. “Nature is a mutable cloud, which is always and never the same.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
30. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.”
- Christopher Morley.
31. “If you ever want your soul to dance in the clouds, you will at some point have to juggle lightening and taste the thunder.”
- Christopher Poindexter.
32. “When scattered clouds are resting on the bosoms of hills, it seems as if one might climb into the heavenly region. Earth being so intermixed with sky, and gradually transformed into it.”
- Nathaniel Hawthorne.
33. “Rome in the ages, dimmed with all her towers,
Floats in the mist, a little cloud at tether.”
34. “A cloudless plain blue sky is like a flowerless garden.”
- Terri Guillemets.
35. “If clouds are blocking the sun, there will always be a silver lining that reminds me to keep on trying.”
- Matthew Quick.
36. “Whatever the clouds plan to do, I always trust in the sun which never fails to come out.”
- Munia Khan.
37. “Clouds are the sky’s imagination.”
- Terri Guillemets.
38. “Even when clouds grow thick, the sun still pours its light earthward.”
- Mark Nepo.
39. “When people look at clouds they do not see their real shape, which is no shape at all, or every shape, because they are constantly changing. They see whatever it is that their heart yearns for.”
- Jose Eduardo Agualusa.
40. “Clouds are on top for a reason. They float so high because they refuse to carry any burden!”
- Jasleen Kaur Gumber.
41. “Clouds on clouds, in volumes driven, curtain round the vault of heaven.”
- Thomas Love Peacock.
42. “Tomorrow the heavenly father may either involve the world in dark clouds. Or cheer it with clear sunshine, he will not. However, render ineffectual the things which have already taken place.”
43. “There are dark times just around the corner. There are dark clouds travelling through the sky. And it's no good whining about a silver lining. For we know from experience they won't roll by.”
- Noel Coward.
44. “Clouds symbolize the veils that shroud God.”
- Honore de Balzac.
45. “We have chased away the clouds, the sky is all 'rose.'”
- Francois Hollande.
46. “Surfing waves of water or clouds of powder snow is the best feeling on earth.”
- Hannah Teter.
47. “Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.”
- Paulo Coelho.
48. “Even when the sky is filled with clouds, the Sun still shines above.”
- Janet Donaghy.
49. “Scatter the clouds that hide the face of heaven, and show where sweet peace doth abide, where Truth and Beauty grow.”
-Robert Bridges, ‘Morning Hymn’.
50. "The sky is the daily bread of the eyes."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about clouds, then why not take a look at these [cold weather quotes] or sun quotes for more great weather quotes to help you find your rainbow?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.