Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Motivational quotes can help ease stress and ease any uncertainties on the journey from high school to freshman year in college.
Stepping into college can be overwhelming, but all most students need is a little encouragement and a big confidence boost! What could be better than college quotes by well-known personalities to keep spirits high?
College life is about studying hard and gaining independence, as well as experiencing a new place whilst making new friends, and starting college is certainly a milestone for any student! That's why we have gathered the best inspirational quotes for any new college students. Feel free to share these college quotes with any students you know to inspire them to make the most out of their time at college.
The Best College Quotes
Inspirational quotes about college are a must for any new student looking forward to college. To some, "college is the reward for surviving high school", whilst others might need a little more persuasion to apply for a college degree. Whatever your view of college, take a read of these quotes that will remind you that you too can change the world if you want to! These quotes give great reasons why you should go to college.
1. “Invest in yourself, you can afford it, trust me.”
- Rashon Carraway.
2. “No, sky is not the limit. It is only the beginning.”
- Donovan Livingston.
3. “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living differ from the dead.” – Aristotle.
4. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
– Benjamin Franklin.
5. “Invest in yourself or no one else will.”
6. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” - Jim Rohn.
7. “An investment in education is an investment in our future.”
- David Wasinger.
8. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”
- Anatole France.
9. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it from you.”
- B.B. King.
10. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day-in and day-out.”
– Robert Collier.
11. “There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
- General Colin Powell.
12. “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”
- Zig Ziglar.
13. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele.
14. “A college degree is not a sign that one is a finished product but an indication a person is prepared for life.” – Edward A Malloy.
15. “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.”
Funny College Quotes About Going To College
These humorous college quotes about college education and college life can make any college student smile.
16. “College is the reward for surviving high school.”
- Judd Apatow.
17. “By the end of high school, I was not, of course, an educated man, but I knew how to try to become one.”
– Clifton Fadiman.
18. “The road to success is always under construction.”
- Lily Tomlin.
19. "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces."
- Will Rogers.
20. “Every year, many, many stupid people graduate from college. And if they can do it, so can you.”
- John Green, ‘Who's The Slow Learner? Adventures In Independence’.
21. “Work hard, nap hard.”
– Demi Lovato.
22. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
-Thomas A. Edison.
23. “Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.”
- Daniel J. Boorstin.
24. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
- Les Brown.
25. “You’re going to fall down, but the world doesn’t care how many times you fall down, as long as it’s one fewer than the number of times you get back up.” - Aaron Sorkin.
26. “When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt.
27. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.”
– Sydney J. Harris.
Beautiful Quotes About College
Investing in education pays the best interest as the products knowledge creates lasts a lifetime. Here you will find some inspirational quotes for college students to help all higher education seekers. Why not hang some inspirational quotes on your college dorm wall or make them your Instagram captions to stay motivated?
28. “Struggling to decide what to do after graduation is… a sort of rite of passage to the next phase of your life.”
- Gloria Davidson.
29. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
30. “Your families are extremely proud of you… This would be a most opportune time to ask for money.”
- Gary Bolding.
31. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
– Albert Einstein.
32. “Definition of a college professor: someone who talks in other people's sleep.” – W.H. Auden.
33. “College is a refuge from hasty judgment.”
– Robert Frost.
Inspirational Quotes For Every College Student
Getting into college and attending college is so exciting! These inspirational quotes about college will remind you that a bright future awaits those who put in hard work at college. College quotes can have deep meaning and talk about success and maximizing potential through creativity. Discover more here.
34. “Educating yourself does not mean you were stupid in the first place, it means that you are intelligent enough to know that there is plenty left to learn.” —Melanie Joy.
35. “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”
- Salvador Dali.
36. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.”
– W. Clement Stone.
37. “What we love in our books are the depths of many marvelous moments seen all at once.”
― Kurt Vonnegut.
38. “With the realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”
– Dalai Lama.
39. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
– Eric Thomas.
40. “You can’t have a better tomorrow if you’re still thinking about yesterday.”
- Charles F. Kettering.
41. “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.”
42. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”
– Winston Churchill.
43. “Education is the passport to the future for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." – Malcolm X.
Stunning College Quotes
Passion, confidence, and the eagerness to excel are secrets to achieving success in college. Inspirational quotes are constant reminders that you can do it! Keep reading these college quotes to remember you have to keep moving, even if it means climbing up the hill and rolling down at times. Find your favorite college quotes here and add them to your journal or diary.
44. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
45. “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” - G.K. Nielson.
46. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt.
47. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
– Tony Robbins.
48. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison.
49. “Focus on doing the right things instead of a bunch of things.”
– Mike Krieger.
50. "And will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)."
51. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”
– William Butler Yeats.
52. “Develop a passion for learning… you will never cease to grow.”
– Anthony J. D’Angelo.
53. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley.
54. "College has given me the confidence I need to fail."
— Jarod Kintz, ‘This Book Has No Title.’
Cool Quotes About College
College students need more than library books to motivate them. Inspirational quotes are also key to stay focused on the goal. These cool college quotes might make you look at life from a different perspective.
55. “Self-discipline is the magic power that makes you virtually unstoppable.”
- Dan Kennedy.
56. “College inspired me to think differently.”
- Lara Oleynik.
57. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.”
– Norman Vincent Peale.
58. "The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match, each one of you is a fuse.” - Ed Koch.
59. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
60. “Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.”
– Chinese proverb.
61. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
– Nelson Mandela.
62. “Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
– Mary Anne Radmacher.
63. “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.”
– Gabrielle Giffords.
College Life Quotations
College is an important part of life. Along with gaining knowledge, one gets ready to earn their own money and lead a good life. Inspirational college quotes are like boosters that mentally strengthen and show the right path to all those who are lost. These quotes about college life can give an insight into what’s expected and how to handle life in college.
64. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
- Arthur Ashe.
65. “Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.”
– Richard Kline
66. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
- Albert Einstein.
67. “Take it all one day at a time and enjoy the journey.”
- Kristi Barlett.
68. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau.
69. “College is like a fountain of knowledge and the students are there to drink.”
- Chuck Palahniuk.
70. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”
- Bruce Lee.
71. “Be so good they can't ignore you.”
- Steve Martin.
72. “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” - Abraham Lincoln.
73. “All progress takes place outside of your comfort zone.”
– Michael John Bobak.
74. “Believe… Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”
– Christian D. Larson.
75. “Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.”
– Usain Bolt.
76. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
– Beverly Sills.
77. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.”
– Robert H. Schuller.
78. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
– Steve Jobs.
79. “The true success is the person who invented himself.”
– Al Goldstein.
80. “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.”
– Ralph Marston.
81. “Procrastination is the thief of time.”
– Edward Young.
82. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly.
83. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
– Edmund Hillary.
84. “College is the best time of your life. When else are your parents going to spend several thousand dollars a year just for you to go to a strange town and get drunk every night?”
- David Wood
85. “The aim of a college education is to teach you to know a good man when you see one.” – William James.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 85 of the best college quotes to motivate students gaining a college education, then why not take a look at these [end of summer quotes] or [middle school graduation quotes] for more inspirational quotes that people will love?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.