Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Community quotes are a great source of inspiration for developing a strong sense of community and the zeal to work together to achieve a common goal.
The sense of community is something greater than us. Community is selfless service towards others, a helpful attitude without expecting anything in return, for the greater good that will raise a healthy society from children upwards.
Community is an extremely important part of human existence as it unites people and gives them power, and many people feel they cannot live without a community around them. It helps to build connections and never lets us feel alone. Community quotes work as an encouragement to help and serve people who may be in greater need of some community support.
If you enjoy these words from well-known people to remind you of the importance of supporting each other and being a charitable human being, then you may also like to read these [connection quotes] and childhood quotes.
Each of these quotes reflects on the importance of community in our lives.
1. “No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.”
– John Donne.
2. “The more people that meet each other, the better it is for all of them.”
- Fletcher Pratt.
3. “A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm.”
- Henrik Ibsen.
4. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.”
- Muhammad Ali.
5. “A community is alive when it is poor and its members feel they have to work together and remain united, if only to ensure that they can all eat tomorrow!”
- Jean Vanier.
6. “Community is not an ideal; it is people. It is you and I. In community we are called to love people just as they are with their wounds and their gifts, not as we want them to be.”
- Jean Vanier.
7. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
8. “On this shrunken globe, men can no longer live as strangers.”
– Adlai E. Stevenson.
9. “Every person is defined by the communities she belongs to.”
- Orson Scott Card.
10. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
– Mother Teresa.
11. “They call this a community I like to think of it as home.”
- Pet Shop Boys.
12. “Every nation is destined, by the law of God and humanity, to form a free and equal community of brothers.”
13. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
14. “Spread love everywhere you go.”
- Mother Teresa.
15. “We are not called by God to do extraordinary things, but to do ordinary things with extraordinary love.”
– Jean Vanier.
16. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
17. “I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks.”
― Harper Lee.
18. “We were born to unite with our fellow men, and to join in community with the human race.”
Something in these quotes is sure to show you that you can make a difference in other people’s lives, help people by working together, and give back to the community.
19. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
20. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”
- Oscar Wilde.
21. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
- Anne Frank.
22. “Communities are not produced by sentiment or mere goodwill. They grow out of a shared struggle.”
– Larry Harvey.
23. “Our generation has the ability and the responsibility to make our ever-more connected world a more hopeful, stable and peaceful place.”
– Natalie Portman.
24. “You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.”
– Seth Parker.
25. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
— William Shakespeare.
26. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt.
27. “Even if you just change one life, you’ve changed the world forever.”
– Mike Satterfield.
28. “Community is universal love.”
- H. Marsh.
29. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
– Henry Ford.
30. “With all things and in all things, we are relatives.”
- Sioux proverb.
Check out these great quotations on community that will make people think.
31. “We should all exercise our gift to build community.”
– Jean Vanier.
32. “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”
– John F. Kennedy.
33. “The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.”
– Mark Hyman.
34. “We cannot live only for ourselves.”
– Herman Melville.
35. “I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.”
– Ani DiFranco.
36. “We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community.”
– Dorothy Day.
37. "Every human has something to offer this world; the question is will we create a society that can see everyone's worth?”
- Michael T. Coe.
38. “I wonder how many people don't get the one they want, but end up with the one they're supposed to be with.”
― Fannie Flagg.
39. “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.”
– Idowu Koyenikan.
40. “Diversity is about all of us, and about us having to figure out how to walk through this world together.”
– Jacqueline Woodson.
41. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
— Winston Churchill.
42. “While earning your daily bread, be sure you share a slice with those less fortunate.”
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
43. “Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing.”
– Rollo May.
44. “That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable.”
- Deb Caletti.
45. “The real existing community is a besieged fortress defending itself against the outside world.”
- Gerard Delanty.
46. “No part of the human community can live entirely on its own planet, with its own laws of motion and cut off from the rest of humanity.”
- Hugo Chavez.
Who are the real community leaders? Its people who love others selflessly without caring about personal benefits. Community quotes with deep meanings may need more than just one read to understand their true essence. Find your favorite quote about community down below.
47. “I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
48. “A community is made up of intimate relationships among diversified types of individuals.”
- Carroll Quigley.
49. “What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.”
- Kurt Vonnegut.
50. “It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.”
– Walter Winchell.
51. “As long as you hate, there will be people to hate.”
― George Harrison.
52. “Isn’t it amazing that we are all made in God’s image, and yet there is so much diversity among his people?”
– Desmond Tutu.
53. “In communities where men build ships for their own sons to fish or fight from, quality is never a problem."
- J. A. Dever.
54. “The trouble with too many people is they believe the realm of truth always lies within their vision.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
55. “Diversity in the world is a basic characteristic of human society, and also the key condition for a lively and dynamic world...”
– Jinato Hu.
56. “It is good people who make good places.”
― Anna Sewell, ‘Black Beauty’.
57. “As the world community develops in peace, it will open up great untapped reservoirs in human nature.”
- Emily Greene Balch.
58. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.”
– Tom Brokaw.
59. “Not everything has a name. Some things lead us into a realm beyond words.”
60. “Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.”
- Sherry Anderson.
61. “The community stagnates without the impulse of the individual; the impulse dies away without the sympathy of the community.”
- William James.
62. “The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.”
- Coretta Scott King.
63. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
64. “There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.”
– Margaret J. Wheatley.
65. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
– Michelle Obama.
66. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
– Dr. Seuss.
67. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
– Mark Twain.
68. "In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.”
– Marianne Williamson.
There is nothing better than a group of people trying to help each other, it creates a sense of brotherhood and provides an opportunity for everyone to do something important for the community. Find some great quotes on community here.
69. “No man can become rich without himself enriching others.”
– Andrew Carnegie.
70. “The golden way is to be friends with the world and to regard the whole human family as one.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
71. “He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.”
72. “Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.”
– Helen Keller.
73. “For a community to be whole and healthy, it must be based on people’s love and concern for each other.”
– Millard Fuller.
74. “The village is coming back, like it or not.”
― David Brin, 'Tomorrow Happens'.
75. “There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies.”
- Winston Churchill.
76. “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.”
- Marcus Aurelius.
77. "If society fits you comfortably enough, you call it freedom."
- Robert Frost.
78. "Make a bed for the children of other people in the place where your own children sleep."
- Moroccan folk saying.
79. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.”
- Albert Einstein.
80. "Educate a girl, and you educate a community.”
- Adelaide Hoodless.
81. “When we're connected to others, we become better people.”
82. “It is vain to talk of the interest of the community, without understanding what is the interest of the individual.”
- Jeremy Bentham.
83. “When the people who support and are a part of your community, the community you have… that's where all the best business happens.”
- Chris Brogan.
84. “I’m a reflection of the community.”
– Tupac Shakur.
85. “A community needs a soul if it is to become a true home for human beings.”
- Pope John Paul II.
86. “We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society.”
- Hillary Clinton.
87. "Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community."
- Anthony D'Angelo.
Keeping the community safe and healthy is everyone’s job. Community quotes are reminders that sometimes you need to make an effort to serve the community no matter how busy you are.
88. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit.”
– Nelson Henderson.
89. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.”
- Maya Angelou.
90. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands - one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.”
— Audrey Hepburn.
91. “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.”
– Betty Reese.
92. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.”
- Margaret Mead.
93. “Dream higher than those individualistic goals”
― Zakir Malik, 'The Wail Of The Woods'.
94. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
– H. Jackson Brown Jr.
95. “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.”
– Elizabeth Andrew.
96. “The purpose of life is not to be happy, but….to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.”
– Leo Rosten.
97. “Every person can make a difference, and every person should try.”
– John F. Kennedy.
98. “There is no better exercise for your heart than reaching down and helping to lift someone up.”
– Bernard Meltzer.
99. “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.”
- Brian Tracy.
100. “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.”
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.