Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Daisies are a favorite among poets, authors, and thinkers of the world.
A daisy flower is something we see in gardens and fields everywhere. The delicate yet omnipresent daisy flower has the spotlight today, deservingly so.
Artists around the world look to daisies for inspiration and metaphors. The heart fills with joy reading about daisies, characters named Daisy, and watching movies revolving around a daisy. A composition of two flowers in one, scientifically speaking, the blend of a daisy flower is so perfect that it, in fact, symbolizes true love, innocence, and purity. And there is no one who doesn’t love daisies.
Daisies can usually be identified by their many white petals that surround a central yellow disc. Daisies usually flower between spring and fall.
Daisy quotes and can create a lovely garden that’s a fresh breath of air in all of our imaginations. There is no lacking in this list of quotes about daisies, with daisy sayings from William Wordsworth, Oscar Wilde, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, David Macbeth Moir, and more, that are just beautiful. Here, we have gathered the most endearing of them all just for you. Read on for quotes about daisies' beauty, from Oscar Wilde, David Macbeth Moir, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, and more.
Daisy Quotes From Poems
Ready to discover the best daisy quotes? Poems about daisies representing beauty and matters of the heart flood our books and thoughts. Different outlooks by different people on the innocent flower give us a fresh perspective and wider fields. William Wordsworth, and his successors, all came together to give the world evergreen poems about the daisy. Find your favorite famous daisy poems and quotes right here!
1. “Comes the little daisy, blooming fresh and fair,
Springing bright and joyous in the morning air.”
-T F Seward.
2. “Daisies standing in the rain,
Hold their heads together,
But they never once complain
Of the drenching weather.”
3. “Ah! I'm feared thou's come too sooin,
Pray whativer wor ta doin'?
Are ta crazy?”
4. “Ev'n thou who mourn'st the Daisy's fate,
That fate is thine—no distant date;”
5. “The Daisy follows soft the Sun—
And when his golden walk is done.”
6. “They are the little daisies white
That dot the meadow of the Night.”
-Frank Dempster Sherman.
7. “There is a little, dainty flower,
That lifts its golden eye,
Without a single tinge of shame”
8. “Stars are the daisies that begem
The blue fields of the sky.”
-David Macbeth Moir.
9. “I got daisies
In green pastures.”
10. “The daisy, by the shadow that it casts,
Protects the lingering dewdrop from the sun.”
11. “And you never wear in your shining hair,
A richer flower than daisies.”
12. “Buttercups and daisies,
Oh, the pretty flowers.”
13. “Daisies smell-less, yet most quaint,
And sweet thyme true.”
14. “The daisy is fair, the day-lily rare,
The bud o' the rose as sweet as it's bonnie.”
15. “Now Nature hangs her mantle green
On every blooming tree,
And spreads her sheets o'daisies white
Out o'er the grassy lea.”
16. “A voice of greeting from the wind was sent;
The mists enfolded me with soft white arms.”
-Richard Henry Stoddard.
17. "That of all the floures in the mede,
Thanne love I most these floures white and red,
Suche as men callen daysyes in her toune."
18. “Underneath large blue-bells tented
Where the daisies are rose-scented,
And the rose herself has got
Perfume which on earth is not.”
19. “Over the shoulders and slopes of the dune I saw the white daisies go down to the sea.”
20. “Daisies infinite
Uplift in praise their little growing hands,
O'er every hill that under heaven expands.”
21. “There's no dew left on the daisies and clover; there's no rain left in heaven.”
22. “Where innocent bright-eyes daisies are
With blades of grass between,
Each daisy stands up like a star
Out of a sky of green.”
23. "The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm."
-Therese of Lisieux.
Daisy Quotes From Literary Works
A literary counterpart of the lovely poems we saw earlier is what we need now. Daisy quotes can also be found in many works of literature, from Anne Morrow Lindbergh and more. Authors have also often named prominent characters in their works after the dainty flower, the humble daisy. Let’s look at some of the most iconic daisy-inspired quotes from everywhere. What are you waiting for?
24. “She holds the view that the stars are God's daisy chain, that rabbits are gnomes in attendance on the Fairy Queen.”
-P. G. Wodehouse.
25. “I want to be buried next to you. we'll have a shared tombstone. It'll read, 'Holmesy and Daisy: They did everything together...”
-John Green, ‘Turtles All The Way Down’.
26. "Daisy chains are pretty fragile, and it turns out that families are too."
27. “'Is that how you play?' Daisy asked breezily. 'I just envision how I want the bowl to go, and then I roll it.'”
-Lisa Kleypas, ‘Scandal In Spring’.
28. “Tread Lightly, she is near
Under the snow,
Speak gently, she can hear
The daisies grow.”
29. “Those fields of daisies we landed on, and dusty fields and desert stretches. Memories of many skies and earths beneath us - many days, many nights of stars.”
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
30. “Daisy didn’t change our lives, she changed our destiny.”
-Maryam Faresh, ‘Daisy’.
31. “They were careless people, Tom and Daisy - they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.”
-F. Scott Fitzgerald, ‘The Great Gatsby’.
32. “Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do! I'm half crazy, all for the love of you!”
-Harry Dacre, 'A Bicycle Built For Two'.
33. “You can't be sad when Daisy is around, she won't let you.”
-Maryam Faresh, 'Daisy'.
34. “Their desire was silent yet magnificent, like a thousand daisies attuning their faces toward the path of the sun.”
35. “So she was considering in her own mind... whether the pleasure of making a daisy-chain would be worth the trouble of getting up and picking the daisies.”
-Lewis Carroll, ‘Alice In Wonderland’.
36. “Daisy had no idea how to put herself to rights again. But she thought it would be a good thing to stop thinking about herself and do something for someone else.”
37. “The cemetery is an open space among the ruins, covered in winter with violets and daisies. It might make one in love with death, to think that one should be buried in so sweet a place.”
-Percy Bysshe Shelley.
38. “When daisies pied, and violets blue,
And lady-smocks all silver-white,
And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue
Do paint the meadows with delight.”
39. "You’re the only one for me. I came back from the dead for you, Daisy. Twice."
40. “She... pulled out the... pearls... 'Take ’em down-stairs and give ’em back to whoever they belong to. Tell ’em all Daisy’s change’ her mind. Say: ‘Daisy’s change’ her mind!’'”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, ‘The Great Gatsby’.
41. “Daisy was a consciously happy young woman without any of the usual endowments that make for conscious happiness, money apart. She was not pretty, she was not clever, she had no friends, no talents, nor even an imagination to make her think she was happy when she was really miserable. As she was never miserable, she had no need of an imagination.”
42. “He talked a lot about the past, and I gathered that he wanted to recover something, some idea of himself perhaps, that had gone into loving Daisy.”
-F. Scott Fitzgerald, ‘The Great Gatsby’.
43. “You must lie upon the daisies and discourse in novel phrases of complicated state of mind. The meaning doesn't matter if it's only idle chatter of a transcendental kind.”
-W. S. Gilbert.
44. “Don't everlastingly read messages into paintings - there's the Daisy - you don't rave over or read messages into it - you just look at that bully little flower - isn't that enough?”
45. “April brings the primrose sweet, scatters daisies at our feet.”
46. “The fairy poet takes a sheet
Of moonbeam, silver white;
His ink is dew from daisies sweet,
His pen a point of light.”
47. “Daisy had known the novel was silly even as she had read it, but that had not detracted one bit from her enjoyment.”
-Lisa Kleypas, ‘Scandal In Spring’.
48. “And all the meadows, wide unrolled,
Were green and silver, green and gold,
Where buttercups and daisies spun
Their shining tissues in the sun.”
-Julia C R Dorr.
49. “Daisies smell-less, yet most quaint,
And sweet thyme true,
Primrose, first born child of Ver,
Merry Spring-time's harbinger.”
50. “The love of God toward you is like the Amazon River flowing down to water a single daisy.”
51. “Behold the azure sea in front of you, the turquoise sky above you, the amber mountain beneath your feet, and the golden daisy in your hands. How are you not the richest person on earth?”
-Khang Kijarro Nguyen.
52. “Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.”
-Suzanne Collins, ‘The Hunger Games’.
Daisy Quotes From Famous People
Celebrities and movies have mentioned daisies on more than one occasion. Keep going for the light, camera, action moments. Check out these awesome daisy sayings and quotes!
53. “Daisies are like sunshine to the ground.”
54. “Look out! He's got a daisy!”
55. “You know, the original Daisy, Catherine Bach's shorts were shorter than mine.”
56. “You have to decide if you're going to wilt like a daisy or if you're just going to go forward and live the life that you've been granted.”
57. “If I was to pick a cartoon character I am most like, I would say Daisy Duck because she is very stubborn, she has a very feminine sense, and she knows what she likes.”
58. “They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?”
-Kathleen Kelly , 'You've Got Mail’ (1998).
59. “You never know when you're going to have to make a daisy chain.”
60. “I'm like Ferdinand the bull, sniffing the daisy, not aware of time, of what's going on in the real world.”
61. “If I had my life to live over, I'd pick more daisies.”
62. “It would be fun to be eighty-five and have a Broadway debut. That's the goal I'm shooting for. When they revive 'Driving Miss Daisy' for the seven-hundredth time.”
63. “I don't know whether this is the best of times or the worst of times, but I assure you it's the only time you've got. You can either sit on your expletive deleted or pick a daisy.”
Daisy Quotes To Inspire
We have seen daisies in all their literary and red-carpet glory. Now it's time to get back to basics and indulge in the daisy at its purest form, a source of inspiration and raw beauty. Thinkers from all over the world have taken a shot at drawing peace and calm from the daisy. And who are we to say no to more daisy quotes.
64. “They [daisies] are my favorite flower. There is something innocent and vulnerable about them as if they thanked you for admiring them.”
65. “The pyramids of Egypt will not last a moment compared to the daisy.”
-D. H. Lawrence.
66. “One can get just as much exultation in losing oneself in a little thing as in a big thing. It is nice to think how one can be recklessly lost in a daisy!”
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
67. “Be careful of words, they can be both daisies and bruises.”
68. “Always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass.”
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
69. “Patience stoutly resists pulling up the daisies to see how the roots are doing!”
-Neal A. Maxwell.
70. “It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never gotten tired of making them.”
-Gilbert K. Chesterton.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for daisy quotes, then why not take a look at these [nature quotes] or lotus quotes too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.