Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Elegance can be a really positive thing.
Whilst some people don't like the idea of elegance as they think it represents outdated thinking and doesn't allow girls and women to be strong, others love acting elegantly in a modern way. Clothes, footwear, and accessories, although often associated with it, are not the important factors that affect elegance, as elegance comes from the inner self.
In order to be classy, you need to be elegant and graceful. Elegance can be achieved by smiling more, speaking clearly, and by dressing in a way that you feel comfortable. Kindness is also another important value of any elegant woman or man.
In this article, we have listed the best elegance quotes and ideas for all the classy women and men out there, including some style quotes, classy quotes, and timeless quotes about elegance and beauty These inspirational quotes can inspire you, and motivate you to be a better version of yourself!
The Best Elegance Quotes
Some of the best elegance quotes and sayings are given below, including the most beautiful quote about elegance from Henry Fielding: "A truly elegant taste is generally accompanied with excellency of heart." These elegant quotes and sayings are great for all the ladies and men who want to bring some elegance and grace into their lives.
1. “Elegance has nothing to do with fashion.”
2. “What is a fine person or a beauteous face, unless deportment give them decent grace;
Blessed with all other requisites to please,
To want the striking elegance of ease;
Awkward, embarrassed, stiff, without the skill
Of moving gracefully, or standing still.”
3. “Elegance is usually confused with superficiality, fashion, lack of depth. This is a serious mistake: human beings need to have elegance in their actions and in their posture because this word is synonymous with good taste, amiability, equilibrium and harmony.”
4. “You create beauty with your attitude, you make an impression with your behaviour, you make statements with your elegance & scream out with your actions.”
5. “The best clothes, the most wonderful jewels, the most glamorous beauty don't count without good grooming.”
6. “You must remember, Madame Harris, elegance is in the details.”
7. “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you've got that, the rest really comes from it.”
8. “A truly elegant taste is generally accompanied with excellency of heart.”
9. "You gotta have style. It helps you get down the stairs. It helps you get up in the morning. It’s a way of life. Without it, you’re nobody. I’m not talking about lots of clothes.”
Famous Elegance Quotes And Sayings
Some famous quotes about elegance are listed below. These elegant quotes and sayings are said by famous authors and personalities.
10. “Elegance does not catch the eye. It stays in memory.”
11. "The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you."
12. “The elegance is as physical, as moral quality that has nothing common with the clothing. You can see a countrywoman more elegant than one so called elegant woman.”
13. “Elegance is good taste plus a dash of daring.”
14. “There has always been an elegance to the application of excellence.”
15. “True elegance is for me the manifestation of an independent mind.”
16. “Elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity. Outside this, believe me, there is no elegance. Only pretension.”
17. “Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.”
-Leonardo da Vinci.
18. “Prettiness fades after a few years, but elegance only increases with age.”
19. “Like all magnificent things, it's very simple.”
-Natalie Babbitt, ‘Tuck Everlasting’.
20. “Simplicity is a great virtue but it requires hard work to achieve it and education to appreciate it. And to make matters worse: complexity sells better.”
-Edsger Wybe Dijkstra.
Classy Elegance Quotes
A list of classy elegance quotes is given below. Every classy lady should read these elegance quotes.
21. “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.”
22. "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
23. “Elegance is achieved when all that is superfluous has been discarded and the human being discovers simplicity and concentration: the simpler and more sober the posture, the more beautiful it will be.”
24. “Individuality will always be one of the conditions of real elegance.”
25. “Elegance is an attitude.”
26. “Classy is when a woman has everything to flaunt but chooses not to show it.”
27. “Elegance and honesty are two mandatory parameters for any human production.”
28. “Humility is the best dress you can wear.”
29. “Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?”
-Yves Saint Laurent.
30. “Braininess is not attractive unless combined with some signs of elegance; class.”
Cute Elegance Quotes
Some cute elegance quotes and sayings said by famous authors are given below.
31. “Fashion is an expression of the times. Elegance is something else again.”
-Horst P. Horst.
32. “Elegance is timeless. It withstands trend; it withstands the commercialization of what fashion and style have become.”
33. “I've tried to find a new elegance. It's not easy because people want to be shocked. They want explosive fashion. But explosions don't last, they disappear immediately and leave nothing but ashes.”
34. “Elegance is a progressive concept.”
35. "Trendy is the last stage before tacky."
36. “In temperance there is ever cleanliness and elegance.”
37. “Do you know what elegance is? It is not only what you're wearing. It is how you wear it. Who you are inside.”
38. “The elegance under pressure is the result of fearlessness.”
39. “Fashion is nothing more than the temporary custom of rich and idle people who make it their principal business to study the external elegance of life.”
-Philip Gilbert Hamerton.
The Latest Elegance Quotes And Sayings
A list of the latest elegance quotes and sayings is given below.
40. “I feel that my environment reflects my belief in the grace and art and elegance of living simply.”
- bell hooks.
41. “I do not connect fashion to elegance. Elegance is in the wilderness, and fashion is in the domestic.”
42. “Fashion anticipates... elegance is a state of mind.”
43. "The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress."
-Hubert de Givenchy.
44. "We must never confuse elegance with snobbery."
-Yves Saint Laurent.
45. “Elegance is innate... individual... eternal... it stands the test of time!”
-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
46. “If you ask what the ten things that improve the quality of this rude world are, I would say one right away: Elegance!”
-Mehmet Murat İldan.
47. “I don't like women who follow fashion in the sense of becoming victims of it. I like women who have elegance, who have allure, who use fashion, rather than the other way around.”
Popular Elegance Quotes And Sayings
A list of popular elegance quotes and sayings is given below.
48. “Elegance is not being noticed, it's about being remembered.”
49. “Without elegance of the heart, there is no elegance.”
-Yves Saint Laurent.
50. “Elegance is all in the mind of the wearer.”
51. “Real elegance is simply a true encounter with oneself.”
52. "Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life."
53. "You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet."
54. “Strength may wield the ponderous spade,
May turn the clod, and wheel the compost home;
But elegance, chief grace the garden shows,
And most attractive, is the fair result
Of thought, the creature of a polished mind.”
55. “Elegance is a statement, an attitude. Elegant women are women of character with confidence.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for elegance quotes, then why not take a look at these intelligence quotes or quotes about youth for more inspirational quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.