Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
We all have heard that we must treat every person equally.
There are plenty of lessons about equality that we as a child have read in our books. Equality makes our life more meaningful.
Equality means a state of being equal and treating everyone equally. Equality means that every person should have the same opportunities, and no one should be treated unequally. Equality is important because it ensures that every person has the same chance as others, and no one should be discriminated. Here in this article, we have brought 85+ best equality quotes to inspire all of us.
Read along for equality quotes and if yo like this article, check out our women's rights quotes and [empowering quotes].
Best Equality Quotes
Many times famous personalities have said some awe-inspiring equality quotes. These quotes on Equality can inspire us all. Here are some of the best equality quotes for your perusal.
1. “Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish.”
- Albert Einstein.
2. “Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it.”
- Frances Wright.
3. “These men ask for just the same thing: fairness, and fairness only. This is, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
4. “From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor’s rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own.”
- Carl Shurz.
5. “Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power.”
6. “Equality is not in regarding different things similarly; equality is in regarding different things differently.”
- Tom Robbins.
7. “Women’s rights are not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us.”
- Toni Morrison.
8. “If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present.”
- Franz Boas.
9. “Equal pay isn’t just a women’s issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits.”
- Mike Honda.
10. “The word ‘equality’ shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it’s not the American way.”
- Martha Plimpton.
11. “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”
- Winston Churchill.
12. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.”
- Gloria Steinem.
13. “Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we’re opened, we’re red.”
- Clive Barker.
14. “Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another.”
- Thomas Paine.
15. “I believe in equality for everyone.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
16. “Race, gender, religion, sexuality, we are all people and that’s it.”
- Connor Franta.
17. “When I look at a person, I see a person – not a rank, not a class, not a title.”
- Criss Jami.
18. “The parts of me that used to think I was different or smarter or whatever almost made me die.”
- David Foster.
19. “It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.”
- Audre Lorder.
20. “We are all equal in the fact that we are all different.”
- C. Joybell C.
21. “All the people like us are we, and everyone else is They.”
- Rudyard Kipling.
22. “All this talk about Equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.”
- Bob Dylan.
23. “Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.”
- Albert Einstein.
24. “Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”
- Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address.
25. “I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we’ve struggled to keep the promise of liberty and Equality for all of our people. We’ve made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions.”
- Barrack Obama.
26. “It is better that some should be unhappy rather than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality.”
- Samuel Johnson.
27. “These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
28. “Onions can make ev’n Heirs and Widows weep.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
29. “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed; we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.”
- Martin Luther King.
30. “The deadly Hydra now is the hydra of Equality. Liberty, Equality and Fraternity is the three-fanged serpent.”
- D. H. Lawrence.
31. “Equality consists in the same treatment of similar persons.”
32. “No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer.”
- George Orwell.
33. “The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.”
34. “All the citizens of a state cannot be equally powerful, but they may be equally free.”
35. “The defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors.”
- Henry Becque.
36. “To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow.”
- William Faulkner.
37. “Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.”
38. “All people are equal, it is not birth, it is virtue alone that makes the difference.”
39. “By nature all men are equal in liberty, but not in other endowments.”
- St. Thomas Aquinas.
40. “We must look past our own narrow interests and attend to the interests of our global society.”
- Klaus Schwab.
41. “I raise up my voice — not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
- Malala Yousafzai.
42. “We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal in value no matter what their color.”
- Maya Angelou.
43. “When women do better, economies do better.”
- Christine Lagarde.
44. “It’s our time to have wage equality once and for all, and equal rights for women in the United States of America.”
- Patricia Arquette.
45. “Everyone thinks women should be thrilled when we get crumbs, and I want women to have the cake, the icing, and the cherry on top, too.”
- Billie Jean King.
46. “Companies can do more than just make money; they can serve others. The business of business is improving the state of the world.”
- Marc Benioff.
47. “We need to make every single thing accessible to every single person with a disability.”
- Stevie Wonder.
48. “Inequality, in all its forms — gender, LGBTQ, racial, or otherwise — is an issue that every company must address for its own benefit and to create a better world. We believe businesses need to focus on closing the equality gap with the same energy put into creating new products and markets.”
- Tony Prophet.
49. “Responsive leadership has no title, no age group, and has very little to do with whether or not you are an elected official or CEO of a company. Responsive leadership is our ability to take action and actively play our part in our communities.”
- Zamantungwa Khumalo.
50. “A truly equal world would be one where women ran half our countries and companies and men ran half our homes.”
- Sheryl Sandberg.
51. “Nobody is more inferior than those who insist on being equal.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
52. “We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.”
- Vladimir Putin.
53. “Apart from values and ethics which I have tried to live by, the legacy I would like to leave behind is a very simple one – that I have always stood up for what I consider to be the right thing, and I have tried to be as fair and equitable as I could be.”
- Ratan Tata.
54. “You can be a woman who wants to look good and still stand up for the Equality of women. There’s no uniform for feminism; you are a feminist exactly the way you are.”
- Meghan Markle.
55. “Some people like me, some don’t. I don’t understand where the difference comes from. My heart like them all. For a simple childish reason. We all are created equal, we all are humans.”
- Santosh Kalwar.
56. “Equality and freedom are not luxuries to lightly cast aside. Without them, order cannot long endure before approaching depths beyond imagining.”
- Alan Moore.
57. “A state that does not educate and train women is like a man who only trains his right arm.”
- Jostein Gaarder.
58. “Six feet of earth make all men equal.”
- Italian Proverb.
59. “The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don’t agree with.”
- Eleanor Holmes Norton.
60. “God created the first pair equal in rights, possessions, and authority. He bequeathed the earth to them as a joint inheritance; gave them joint dominion over the irrational creation; but none over each other.”
- Antoinette L. Brown.
61. “Come forward, some great marshal, and organize equality in society, and your rod shall swallow up all the juggling old court gold-sticks.”
- William Makepeace Thackeray.
62. “Unless man is committed to the belief that all mankind are his brothers, then he labors in vain and hypocritically in the vineyards of equality.”
- Albert Clayton Powell.
63. “All men are created equal and endowed by their Creator with a mighty urge to become otherwise.”
- Evan Esar.
64. “Nature smiles at the union of freedom and Equality in our utopias. For freedom and Equality are sworn and everlasting enemies, and when one prevails the other dies.”
- Will Durant.
65. “Were all men equal to-night, some would get the start by rising an hour earlier to-morrow.”
- Elizabeth Gaskell.
66. “Equality, in a social sense, may be divided into that of condition and that of rights. Equality of condition is incompatible with civilization, and is found only to exist in those communities that are but slightly removed from the savage state. In practice, it can only mean a common misery.”
- James Fenimore Cooper.
67. “No one has yet been found resolute enough in dogmatizing to deny that Nature made man equal; that society has destroyed this equality is a truth not more incontrovertible.”
- Percy Bysshe Shelly.
68. “We are all equal in the fact that we are all different. We are all the same in the fact that we will never be the same.”
- Rogue Gallart.
69. “Equality is not the empirical claim that all groups of humans are interchangeable; it is the moral principle that individuals should not be judged or constrained by the average properties of their group.”
- Steven Pinker.
Famous Quotes About Equality And Liberty
Liberty and equality are important requirements for ensuring human rights. Here are some quotations on equality, which include gender equality quotes and diversity quotes.
70. “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
- Theodore Roosevelt.
71. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
72. “It takes no compromise to give people their rights…it takes no money to respect the individual. It takes no political deal to give people freedom. It takes no survey to remove repression.”
- Harvey Milk.
73. “Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, Equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.”
- Ellen DeGeneres.
74. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.”
- Gloria Steinem.
75. “People are pretty much alike. It’s only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities.”
- Linda Ellerbee.
76. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
- Nelson Mandela.
77. “I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”
- Dr. Seuss.
78. “If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.”
- John F. Kennedy.
79. “I might not be the same, but that’s not important / No freedom ’til we’re equal, damn right I support it.”
80. “All men are born equally free.”
- Salmon P. Chase.
81. “We are all alike, on the inside.”
- Mark Twain.
82. “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
- George Orwell.
83. “Equality must be maintained, if it is promised.”
- Janet Morris, Chris Morris.
84. “The principle of equality does not destroy the imagination, but lowers its flight to the level of the earth.”
- Alexis De Tocqueville.
85. “An earthly kingdom cannot exist without inequality of persons. Some must be free, some serfs, some rulers, some subjects.”
- Martin Luther.
86. “Nature has never read the Declaration of Independence. It continues to make us unequal.”
- Will Durant.
87. “Look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for equality quotes, then why not take a look at ethics quotes or morality quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.