Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Fire is a source of pure energy; without the discovery of fire and its uses, we, as a species, would not have made the progress that we see today.
Fire is one of the five elements which compose the environment and our being. The air we breathe, the water we drink, food we eat, space we are present with and the earth we walk on, are all part of us.
For generations now, religion has revered fire as an important religious symbol, as these fire quotes will show. From the simple act of lighting a lamp to having ceremonies surrounding fire, it has always invoked reverence and prayers. The thing that keeps us alive and keeps our souls stirring could also be interpreted as a symbolic fire inside us, a light and a flame that moves us forward in love and life. We also refer to this as burning desires, smoldering passion and fiery attitude, as our love is eternal and fiery. There are so many metaphors when it comes to fire, from light, a spark like fire, love, ashes, and more.
Fire Hot Quotes
In our dreams, too, when we see fire, it can be interpreted in many ways like passion, resurrection, re-birth, wealth or also as anger, jealously, and destruction. We can interpret these emotions the way we feel right for us personally and currently. But fire is an element which we cannot deny. Here are some fire quotes for you to read along with interesting fire safety quotes.
1. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.”
- Charles Bukowski.
2. “You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”
- Charles Bukowski.
3. “The only pictures worth making are the ones that are playing with fire.”
- Billy Wilder.
4. “Let's all wise up. Some of us aren't fighting the fire; we're playing with fire. Flirting with the devil. Stop it! Stop it now before all hell literally breaks loose.”
- Beth Moore.
5. “Those who deny the science or choose excuses over action are playing with fire.”
- John F. Kerry.
6. “Female, I give you fair warning: you are playing with fire - Tegan to Elise (Midnight Awakening.”
- Tina St. John.
7. “You are obviously writing out of experience and so the boundaries are always blurred, it is just that sometimes it would seem that you are playing with fire a little bit by choosing someone that obviously existed.”
- Robert Dessaix.
8. “I can cite a few cases of where people have tampered around with magic and witchcraft that they've been very severely frightened and traumatized by some of the outcomes. I mean we are playing with fire, and I had to say that.”
- Peter Hollingworth.
9. “Anyone who toys with the idea of cutting off bits of the eurozone hoping the rest will survive is playing with fire.”
- Yanis Varoufakis.
10. “Within your own generation-the same songs, the same wars, the same attitudes toward those wars, the same rules and radio shows in the air-you can gauge the possibilities and impossibilities. With a person of another generation, you are treading water, playing with fire.”
- John Updike.
11. “We're like a two-year old playing with fire...we're messing around with something really dangerous and don't really understand what will happen.”
- William F. Laurance.
12. “To stimulate wildly weak and untrained minds is to play with mighty fires.”
- W. E. B. Du Bois.
13. “It is easy to bare your body, but it is difficult to bare your soul. What works for me is that I am not a city-raised boy with city-raised sensibilities. I can play the vulnerable tough man, the guy with a gun in his hand, tears in his eyes, fire in his heart, innocence in him, and in his arms a woman he loves.”
- Randeep Hooda.
14. “Honestly, I’m living my fantasy. It’s being with my family, preferably on a snowy afternoon with a fire going, cuddled up in blankets, playing a game.”
- Meredith Vieira.
15. “I'm working on my house and playing with my fire pit and kind of just hanging around and making my home feel homey.”
- Luke Grimes.
16. “Oh, I get pretty fired up on the court. I try to play with a lot of emotion, especially when I'm playing in front of a large crowd. I want to go out and do my best, and to do that, I have to play with the most energy possible.”
- Lleyton Hewitt.
17. “All things, good and evil, come out, it seems, of the East. The Illuminati, like the Ismailites, dealt in allegories; and like the Mazdakites, they played with fire.”
- Ameen Rihani.
18. “The one advantage of playing with fire...is that no one ever gets singed. It is the people who don't know how to play with it who get burned up.”
- Oscar Wilde.
19. “So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.”
- George Orwell.
20. “You are obviously writing out of experience and so the boundaries are always blurred, it is just that sometimes it would seem that you are playing with fire a little bit by choosing someone that obviously existed.”
- Robert Dessaix.
21. “How could you tell children they were playing with fire if they never had the experience of being burned?”
- Alexandra Adornetto.
22. “One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet.”
- Odell Shepherd.
23. “The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire.”
- Leigh Hunt.
24. “Among the notable things about fire is that it also requires oxygen to burn - exactly like its enemy, life. Thereby are life and flames so often compared.”
- Otto Weininger.
25. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
26. “Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself.”
- Mark Twain.
27. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.”
28. “Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.”
- Arnold Glascow.
29. “Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.”
- Amit Ray.
30. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyal through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
- Ann Landers.
Fire Emblem Quotes
The dancing flames of a fire, the crackling of well dried wood, and the aromas of the burning on a cold winter night will always be part of our memories. Here are some more fire quotes followed by fire fighting quotes.
31. “A spark of every fire we seek is already within us.”
- Kamand Kojouri.
32. “A small match lights a big fire.”
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
33. “When the winter comes, fire becomes a king!”
- Mehmet Murat ildan.
34. “There's no lie in his smile, no veil 'cross his eyes. He breathes fire too hot for a plastic disguise.”
- Cristen Rodgers.
35. “Fire is the voice of god, speaking in tongues. Fire is the liberator of water, slipping the earthly bonds. Fire is the memory of stone, being released to the heavens. Fire is the mother of the Earth, born of desire. Fire is the seducer of wind, dancing in abandon for its beloved. Fire is the illuminator, the protector, the destroyer, and the giver of all life.”
- Thomas Lloyd Qualls, ‘Painted Oxen’.
36. “Light the fire within you to light the world with your fire.”
- P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar.
37. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”
- Ferdinand Foch.
38. “Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.”
- Martha Graham.
39. “The future of the world belongs to the youth of the world, and it is from the youth and not from the old that the fire of life will warm and enlighten the world. It is your privilege to breathe the breath of life into the dry bones of many around you.”
- Tom Mann.
40. “Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.”
- Delmore Schwartz.
41. “Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire.”
- Jorge Luis Borges.
42. “Once upon a time there was a piece of wood. It was not an expensive piece of wood. Far from it. Just a common block of firewood, one of those thick, solid logs that are put on the fire in winter to make cold rooms cozy and warm.”
- Carlo Collodi.
43. “Technology is, of course, a double-edged sword. Fire can cook our food but also burn us.”
- Jason Silva.
44. “I'm always trying to show versatility. I'm juggling, and I'm flipping fire, and I'm chewing gum and rhyming at the same time...on a unicycle, while playing the drums.”
- MF Doom.
45. “We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it.”
- Tennessee Williams.
Fire is destructive, if handled carelessly or over-confidently it could lead to massive losses. But the destruction from fire could also bring about a positive change if looked at from the perspective of something ending to start something new, like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. Here are some more interpretative fire quotes along with other words for fire.
46. “Every idea is an incitement...Eloquence may set fire to reason.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
47. “As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words.”
48. “A heart well worth winning, and well won. A heart that, once won, goes through fire and water for the winner, and never changes, and is never daunted.”
- Charles Dickens.
49. “I would mould a world of fire and dew.”
- W B. Yeats.
50. “Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself.”
- Mark Twain.
51. “But this momentous question, like a fire bell in the night, awakened and filled me with terror.”
- Thomas Jefferson.
52. “And at home by the fire, whenever you look up, there I shall be - and whenever I look up, there you shall be.”
- Thomas Hardy.
53. “The proof of gold is fire, the proof of woman, gold; the proof of man, a woman.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
54. “As the same fire assumes different shapes When it consumes objects differing in shape, so does the one Self take the shape of every creature in whom he is present.”
- Marcus Aurelius.
55. “Fire is the most tolerable third party.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
56. “It is with our passions as it is with fire and water; they are good servants, but bad masters.”
- Roger L’Estrange.
57. “The most tangible of all visible mysteries – fire.”
- Leigh Hunt.
58. “When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.”
- Dylan Thomas.
59. “Your own property is concerned when your neighbor’s house is on fire.”
60. “It is with our passions as it is with fire and water; they are good servants, but bad masters.”
- Roger L’Estrange.
Fire Quotes To Motivate You Today
Fire quotes have always caught the fancy of people. Whether it be candle or ashes, they are related to fire. Read on for some of the best fire quotes for your motivation and quotes for doing what sets your soul on fire.
61. “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden.”
- Cormac McCarthy.
62. “There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.”
- Siddhartha Gautama.
63. “Everywhere he touches is fire. My whole body is burning up, the two of us becoming twin points of the same bright white flame.”
- Lauren Olive.
64. “I didn’t want anybody seeing my fire until I burned them with it.”
- Cameron Conaway.
65. “I will never forget your fire. I can’t wait to see what you do.”
- Kiera Cass.
66. “A church can be unified in one of two ways. You can freeze together, as the Church of the Frozen Chosen; or you can melt together with the fire of the Holy Spirit.”
- John Hagee.
67. “Love, like fire, goes out without fuel.”
- Mikhail Lermontov.
68. “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.”
- Sarah J. Maas.
69. “Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can’t strike them all by ourselves.”
- Laura Esquivel.
Shine Like Fire Quotes
Fire is used as a metaphor in many motivational talks or poetic verses. Hence these motivating fire quotes will help you understand its true power inside you, along with quotes about fire.
70. “It takes two flints to make a fire.”
- Louisa May Alcott.
71. “Such fire was not by water to be drown'd, / Nor he his nature changed by changing ground.”
- Ludovico Ariosto.
72. “Jonathan is that brilliant little fire that burns within us all, that lives only for those moments when we reach perfection.”
- Richard Bach.
73. “Good fame is like fire; when you have kindled you may easily preserve it; but if you extinguish it, you will not easily kindle it again.”
- Sir Francis Bacon.
74. “Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears form the eyes of woman.”
- Ludwig Van Beethoven.
75. “My dream is to show the fire which comes out of the horses' nostrils; the dust which rises from their hooves. I want this to be an infernal waltz.”
- Rosa Bonheur.
76. “Unless the sun inside you is burning your gut, don't do it.”
- Charles Bukowski.
77. “Whenever our neighbour's house is on fire, it cannot be amiss for the engines to play a little on our own.”
- Edmund Burke.
78. “When a picture isn't realized, you pitch it in the fire and start another one!”
- Paul Cezanne.
79. “The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.”
80. “The foundation of all technology is fire.”
- Isaac Asimov.
81. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.”
82. “The four cornerstones of this world: bread, wine, fire, woman.”
- Nikos Kazantzakis.
83. “Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
- Terry Pratchett.
84. “Always, always you pass through fire to reach the shining.”
- Odysseas Elytis.
85. “This world, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire.”
86. “We are born arsonists and end up firefighters.”
87. “It is almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody's beard.”
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg.
88. “No mere human can stand in a fire and not be consumed.”
- A. S. Byatt.
89. “No matter how hot the fire burns, a Protea always survives.”
- AB De Villiers.
90. “We are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness.”
- Abdul Kalam.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best fire quotes and sayings to ignite your soul, then why not take a look at sunshine quotes, or star quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.